IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Have you bothered to read his explanation of what was posted at the time? Probably not. 

He had posted the same picture when any royal baby had been announced for the previous 15 years, no matter their cultural heritage, qhich of course was pretty much 100% white. He posted it instead of the little Lord Fauntleroy, picture which he also used in the past, because he found that one first. It was only when he posted the picture that it was pointed out to him that it could be considered racist, that he realised the connotations because of Megan's heritage. He immediately removed it. But the BBC decided to take the safe route of the ultimate sanction.

Baker tweeted: "Sorry my gag pic of the little fella in the posh outfit has whipped some up.

"Never occurred to me because, well, mind not diseased.

soon as those good enough to point out it's possible connotations got in touch, down it came.

And that's it.

Now stand by for sweary football tweets."

If you have read his autobiography, you will know that he was briefly married to a girl of African descent, a singer from Darts, but of course the Twittersphere decided he was guilty and should be cancelled, because one tweet defines your whole outlook on life.

I'm trying to imagine circumstances under which I would willingly decide to read Danny Baker's autobiography, but I'm really struggling....

As I said, I believe he was guilty of outstanding stupidity, not racism. However, any reasonable observer would struggle to believe that he looked at the photo and did not realise how it would be construed. 

'Has whipped some up' and 'mind not diseased' also implies that the fault is in the observer, not in what he actually did. The lack of contrition is striking. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I'm trying to imagine circumstances under which I would willingly decide to read Danny Baker's autobiography, but I'm really struggling....

As I said, I believe he was guilty of outstanding stupidity, not racism. However, any reasonable observer would struggle to believe that he looked at the photo and did not realise how it would be construed. 

'Has whipped some up' and 'mind not diseased' also implies that the fault is in the observer, not in what he actually did. The lack of contrition is striking.

?

Now I know you are a parody account. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

A lot of people on here easily upset… personally I think that is a great video on there part to announce the signing.

Also think they will compete well this season. Obviously hope not but come on. Who isn’t missing a proper league derby game?!

Come on?

I found it funny actually.

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

What would Danny Baker know about Bristol Rovers? And, more to the point, why would I care? 

He is a Millwall-supporting loudmouth who was sacked by the BBC for tweeting extraordinarily racist material. 

What does a bristol rovers know about the inner workings of Bristol City and more to the point why are you so obsessed, 

Envy is a sin you know

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

A lot of people on here easily upset… personally I think that is a great video on there part to announce the signing.

Also think they will compete well this season. Obviously hope not but come on. Who isn’t missing a proper league derby game?!

Barton’s woman bashers? No thanks. They can stay exactly where they belong in the slums of nothingness

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

So, it's the fault of a news reporter rather than the sports reporters. Almost like he's had to report on them having a tinpot leadership team unable to navigate the basics of planning permission. 

Unfortunately for them it's a reporter's job to report the truth. Not the reporter's fault that the truth is they are *****.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

I don't really have any ambition to go higher than the Championship. I don't like the PL and I think it is becoming increasingly impossible for teams from the lower leagues to genuinely compete - teams hit a glass ceiling and then steadily decline.

The costs of competing at that level are too great - look at Reading. You could conceivably go even further and emulate your successive relegations of 1976-80. Bigger clubs than you have done this. 

Both are forms of schadenfreude aren't they? I take a mild pleasure in watching you fall flat on your face - I'm not actively invested in it, like some of our fanbase. 

The only ambition any of you have is to be in the same  league as us . You might find this ironic as you’re on a city forum taking the piss out of you 15ers. However , what is true & I know this because I have quite a few of you cuckoos as mates is that you obsess over us . You hate us , not because of sporting rivalry but because we’re something that you’ll never become. You’ve been mismanaged for decades & in you’re twisted logic you all blame us for this . I suppose it’s easier to do that than look closer to home. 
we've always challenged our owners no matter who they’ve been over the years. We’ve protested in the 80’s when Terry cooper was sacked & we’ve questioned the club over many things over the years. The reason being is that we won’t just put up with any old crap the club comes out with. 

you lot on the other hand just put your heads in the sand & say , it’s not my fault or what can we do . You just put up with any old crap they say. As a fanbase your weak & cowards . 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

47 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s also unarchived all the pictures already ?

All the best to him, never rated him but was the only one who seemed to care during the covid season. They don’t half mind an expensive ageing defender though. 

Tommy Rowe as well.

He’s a bloke from Leeds who is out of work, so don’t have a problem with it. He looked to be a squad player at Wednesday & they were in the same division last season, so it’s hardly a big signing.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

you lot on the other hand just put your heads in the sand & say , it’s not my fault or what can we do . You just put up with any old crap they say. As a fanbase your weak & cowards . 

This.

In other words ‘bend over’ and take whatever nonsense gets dished up by whoever is the owner of their club at the time, and this cretin has actually got the nerve to criticise us..…?