IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The only thing missing from Barton's tweet there is:-

"But you can listen to my views on tomorrow's game anytime on my subscriber only account"

He's basically not talking to the Post as it makes him no money.

All that’s missing is him saying “smash that like button” every 5 minutes in an interview, rounding off with “don’t forget to like and subscribe guys”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It worked for Plymouth to be fair

Maybe he copied their template but more likely signing players in their prime is a tough thing to nail if you are such an unattractive club to join in L1.

The reason I said it is risky is the oldies could easily end up unavailable putting all the pressure on the loaned youngsters. I wouldn't want JB as my boss, especially if the wage bill is as reported, making it a crunch season.

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

Maybe he copied their template but more likely signing players in their prime is a tough thing to nail if you are such an unattractive club to join in L1.

The reason I said it is risky is the oldies could easily end up unavailable putting all the pressure on the loaned youngsters. I wouldn't want JB as my boss, especially if the wage bill is as reported, making it a crunch season.

Piss taking aside, they have made some good signings, but if they don't go up, I think they will be in ffp trouble, it seems to be shit or bust this season for them,

Also if they went up, I dont think they would be allowed to play at the mem as it doesn't meet championship standards

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I thought he told everyone he was loaded. Down to his last £20m or something?

There is something rotten about fleecing supporters for information his employer should be making freely available.

He has criticised his goal keeper for not being a team player then makes money as an individual from club info?

Announced the signing of Vale "exclusively" on his own subscriber account.

How that is not misconduct by the manager is beyond me. But of course, the powers at be there will put up with all his nonsense.

50 minutes ago, Redland said:

Probably won’t be popular for saying it but with the signings of players like George Fiend, Jack Hunt and Harvey Vale and with the likes of Scott Sinclair already onboard I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

It worked for Sheffield Wednesday I guess, but it's not sustainable, and they must keeping their fingers crossed that the oldies keep themselves fit, and/or out of suspension.

I would think that any team with pace is going to love playing against that defence. 

2 hours ago, Redland said:

Probably won’t be popular for saying it but with the signings of players like George Fiend, Jack Hunt and Harvey Vale and with the likes of Scott Sinclair already onboard I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

Number of league starts by Friend last season? 2.

Hunt? 7. Sinclair made 21.

It looks like collecting a lot of veterans on their last payday to me.

They could do better with their squad of loan players & pensioners but in a weak division top six might still be a stretch for the jailbird.

Edited by GrahamC

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Number of league starts by Friend last season? 2.

Hunt? 7. Sinclair made 21.

It looks like collecting a lot of veterans on their last payday to me.

They could do better with their squad of loan players & pensioners but in a weak division top six might still be a stretch for the jailbird.

As has been said, good in their time, but now...

We've seen at City (more than once) how veteran defenders who were PL quality in their heyday can be cruelly exposed by fleet-footed attackers. 

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As has been said, good in their time, but now...

We've seen at City (more than once) how veteran defenders who were PL quality in their heyday can be cruelly exposed by fleet-footed attackers. 

:laugh:.

Friend and Hunt aren't first choices - they are cover for the RB and LB positions. The Dad Army's jokes were briefly amusing but overlooked the essential point that, of the likely first-choice back four, Wilson is the only one over 22. 

2 hours ago, Redland said:

I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

They  play Cambridge tomorrow. The Cambs manager told our local radio he thinks overs will be in the Play Offs this season.

5 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

:laugh:.

Friend and Hunt aren't first choices - they are cover for the RB and LB positions. The Dad Army's jokes were briefly amusing but overlooked the essential point that, of the likely first-choice back four, Wilson is the only one over 22. 

First-choice or not, they'll be soaking up a fair wage, given their experience. Mr AlSaaed will have to sell a lot of KFC at his outlets in Kuwait City to afford what is, for you, quite an ambitious summer's spending.

FWIW I expect your season to progress better than it's started. Top 6 is by no means impossible, although you'd experience a Yeovil-like rude awakening if you did manage to make it up. The second tier is a whole different ballgame than it was in the 90s. 

• Like 3

Had a look at their forum to see if there was any support for the Barton ban on the BP. About 50/50. Plenty of questions about why? What have the BP done wrong? No one can say why other than a publicity stunt by Barton and the news is all biased to City.

What do they expect? The bigger and better club will always get top billing, it works that way everywhere.

Sounds accurate reporting to me, would City try to build a stand without planning permission?:-

I think Joey does have a point. The way the teams are discussed. With City it is always a serious business tone whereas Rovers it's always a patronizing, rag bag, plucky under dog and not so relevant tone.

9 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Welcome to Bristol Jack...Ashton Gate looks a lot better from a long distance, doesn't it?

Ashton Gate looks a lot better than the Mem from any angle although you’re right, from a distance it’s still beautiful. A stadium with real history.

IMG_4180.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Flames 2