IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Maths - 13,464 > 20,351

Geography - Iran isn't in the Middle East

Human geography - Middle Eastern women all like having to wear hijabs

Law - A drunken fracas with nightclub bouncers is worse than assaulting two women, or beating up your wife and beating up a random taxi driver because you're annoyed with the wait at McDonalds

Business - UK-registered Bristol Sport is a tax-avoiding corporate entity, whereas Jersey-registered Dwane Sports isn't. 

Moral philosophy - An aside in a press interview made by a former manager is embarrassing, piping in clapping noise isn't

Engineering - Having a modern stadium = soulless; having a three-sided ramshackle dump = character 

History - Last time BRFC beat BCFC at Ashton Gate - 27 years ago; Last season BRFC had larger crowds than BCFC circa 65 years ago; Last time BRFC were in a division above BCFC - 49 years ago; last time BRFC were in a league position in the same league above BCFC - 23 years ago.

He's a mine of information. 

Good work RR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

I'm actually touched - you all appear almost as interested in my own club as your own.

It is very entertaining, and this is in large part because we haven't morphed into a soulless corporate entity, unlike a certain club I could touch with a very short stick. 

Says the one on our Forum...

This whole conversation with this hot air person reminds me of arguing with my friend Steven at school, who was an unfortunately a Sag. However much you pointed out the obvious about City vs them, it never really sank in to his small gas filled brain.

Lost touch with him years ago. Wonder why ?

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Nope, not like your manager to do anything "frankly embarrassing"....

Wow, I don't think I've seen that before.

Love the surfers carrying on in the background, just doin' their own thing.

I thought everyone associated with young players had to be vetted? How does that work with a criminal record for violence?

56 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Never gets tiresome watching that. Even if Mansfield were wearing their own kit, it would be hilarious. However, getting relegated with Mansfield wearing a G@a kit was and is priceless!!

I always loved the video filmed from the Rovers end. They were crying on the video, and so was I. Good times.

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Wow, I don't think I've seen that before.

Love the surfers carrying on in the background, just doin' their own thing.

I thought everyone associated with young players had to be vetted? How does that work with a criminal record for violence?

Certainly makes you wonder, doesn't it?  It isn't just the prison term: there's a long history stretching back to the "cigar in the eye" incident. 

Maybe, like Johnson Sr did here, Joey will recruit a family member who played a bit of football in his youth, and will fit in with the prevailing ethos at the Mem and has recently become available?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/23/joey-bartons-brother-to-be-released-17-years-after-racist-murder-17440134/

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Certainly makes you wonder, doesn't it?  It isn't just the prison term: there's a long history stretching back to the "cigar in the eye" incident. 

Maybe, like Johnson Sr did here, Joey will recruit a family member who played a bit of football in his youth, and will fit in with the prevailing ethos at the Mem and has recently become available?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/23/joey-bartons-brother-to-be-released-17-years-after-racist-murder-17440134/

One of my sons plays youth rugby and as I understand it us parents aren't even allowed to help out with any drills during coaching sessions. You either get yourself passed as a coach or you just watch from the side and talk about the price of fish with the other parents.

I don't understand how I, with nothing but a parking ticket in about 1989, can't tie another child's boot laces in front of 50 people but a football coach is allowed to carry on with a history of violence. Is it just a player age thing? Or are we back to 'well he served his punishment and that is that'?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Maths - 13,464 > 20,351

Geography - Iran isn't in the Middle East

Human geography - Middle Eastern women all like having to wear hijabs

Law - A drunken fracas with nightclub bouncers is worse than assaulting two women, or beating up your wife and beating up a random taxi driver because you're annoyed with the wait at McDonalds

Business - UK-registered Bristol Sport is a tax-avoiding corporate entity, whereas Jersey-registered Dwane Sports isn't. 

Moral philosophy - An aside in a press interview made by a former manager is embarrassing, piping in clapping noise isn't

Engineering - Having a modern stadium = soulless; having a three-sided ramshackle dump = character 

History - Last time BRFC beat BCFC at Ashton Gate - 27 years ago; Last season BRFC had larger crowds than BCFC circa 65 years ago; Last time BRFC were in a division above BCFC - 49 years ago; last time BRFC were in a league position in the same league above BCFC - 23 years ago.

He's a mine of information. 

Run out of likes again.

Great post Robbo ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Hot Air said:

That was the same season when we won 2-0 at AG, wasn't it? A Beadle double as I recall. The second being pretty special - I was right behind it. 

That 4-2 was something of a collector's item, wasn't it? One of the reasons your lot repeatedly folded at Trumpton was because they couldn't handle the atmosphere and the novelty of playing in an environment where the fans get behind their team. 

Didn’t have a great record there but it certainly wasn’t because of the 47 mute swans in the “Popular Side” (an oxymoron if ever there was one!)

However, once you were ensconced in the Pisspoorial we quickly took you apart three times there inside a calendar year. :)

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Didn’t have a great record there but it certainly wasn’t because of the 47 mute swans in the “Popular Side” (an oxymoron if ever there was one!)

However, once you were ensconced in the Pisspoorial we quickly took you apart three times there inside a calendar year. :)

'Didn't have a great record' is something of an understatement. You were taught a footballing lesson on more than one occasion.

21 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

'Didn't have a great record' is something of an understatement. You were taught a footballing lesson on more than one occasion.

But like I say, once you dragged your rotting carcasses back to the city we quickly rectified that poor record.

And re: Mr. Beadle, he came back to haunt you big style in a later derby - to date the last league one were you good enough to play us. He was sensational that night and changed the game after Gash thug Robbie Pathetic crocked Lee Peacock. I worked with a Slaggie in Yorks at the time and it ruined his Xmas, not helped by me singing “Watch out, Beadle’s about” every time I bumped into him in the corridor.

• Haha 4