IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

'Didn't have a great record' is something of an understatement. You were taught a footballing lesson on more than one occasion.

So what was it? A footballing lesson or intimidating atmosphere? You flit from pillar to post yet again in a vain attempt to retain any credibility here.

Just face it - I reckon every single poster who has responded to your repeated jibes, lies, insults and inaccuracies here thinks you are a dick. I certainly do.

To start with you probably provided some entertainment value. Now it's just tiresome, yet you still continue to pursue it. 

It's a Friday night, start of the weekend and the world is your oyster. Why not do something different - give up posting here and leave your sister alone. You are now boring.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Think back a bit further to May 2, 1990, when BRFC beat you 3-0 to clinch the league title.

Enjoy: 

Even better than the 4-0 hammering subsequently handed out.

Hold on tight to that straw!

We went up too. And Don’t forget the second part where we hammered the final nail in the scum, overdrawn and quartered peasants’ relegation coffin in Apr ‘93. You’ve not had a whiff of the second tier since, aside from a hilarious playoff capitulation to Northampton in ‘97. Edit - 98, sorry.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I guess they couldn’t recreate that terrifying cauldron of hate that they used to have at Twerton….apparently ?

I remember coming out of that 3 nil thrashing at Twerton with Rovers fans running past us absolutely petrified. 

14 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I remember coming out of that 3 nil thrashing at Twerton with Rovers fans running past us absolutely petrified. 

I remember catching the early train over to bath and it full of shop lifters banking on city fans playing up and giving them a easy days pickings 

I don’t think they were disappointed 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Think back a bit further to May 2, 1990, when BRFC beat you 3-0 to clinch the league title.

Enjoy: 

Even better than the 4-0 hammering subsequently handed out.

Wow, that's all you got? A Derby loss from 33 years ago,

You really are pathetic 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Hold on tight to that straw!

We went up too. And Don’t forget the second part where we hammered the final nail in the scum, overdrawn and quartered peasants’ relegation coffin in Apr ‘93. You’ve not had a whiff of the second tier since, aside from a hilarious playoff capitulation to Northampton in ‘97. Edit - 98, sorry.

And of course 2nd of May 2001. 

3rd of May 2014

Nope scrap that their entiry history is just one long running comedy show. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s a piss take thread you cretin . Don’t confuse that with actually giving a **** 

Sweetheart, you've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference? 

You and your fellow contributors are quite clearly not indifferent to us. Your protestations notwithstanding, you are still deeply interested and even invested in us and our fate and fortune. 

Now, it is Friday evening. Let's leave it here for the weekend. 

19 minutes ago, TomF said:

Why are they all like this? 

Not all, we’ve got some decent Gasheads on here.

This one is treading water until we lose and they win, at that point he/she will start bragging and will get an angry knee jerk reaction…which is exactly what they want.

For an obvious troll with nothing to offer I think he/she has had a good innings.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Sweetheart, you've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference? 

You and your fellow contributors are quite clearly not indifferent to us. Your protestations notwithstanding, you are still deeply interested and even invested in us and our fate and fortune. 

Imagine joining a past rivals forum and spouting that in a thread dedicated to taking the piss.

Poor troll just doesn't get it.

I like a good analogy but it is a struggle to nail our friendly visitor with one.

The best I can come up with is:-

You buy a well deserved new red car after working hard all your life. Your neighbour comes round and rather than discuss the merits of the new car, they instead only want to remind you of the crap car you had 30 years earlier when you first moved in. In fact, the same type of car that they are still driving today, though in blue.

It is essentially, just envy, wrapped up in a deflection technique where they discuss anything to get off the subject at hand. We should nod gracefully and let them get back to their missing bodywork (or the permission to buy it).

No offence to any City fans with a blue car....! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Redland said:

Probably won’t be popular for saying it but with the signings of players like George Fiend, Jack Hunt and Harvey Vale and with the likes of Scott Sinclair already onboard I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

Come on Redland, surely you realise that well thought-out, insightful analysis is missplaced on this thread. 

Now get back to taking the p1ss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I guarantee if someone takes your bait you will respond. Don't pretend you have a Friday evening to live. We clearly love to hate you. We are fanatics. I don't care if you don't care that we care or not. Just know that it is all done with much love.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

This whole conversation with this hot air person reminds me of arguing with my friend Steven at school, who was an unfortunately a Sag. However much you pointed out the obvious about City vs them, it never really sank in to his small gas filled brain.

Lost touch with him years ago. Wonder why ?

His surname wasn't Phillips was it....

He was on here not long ago, and sounds just like your old friend.

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

Yes, let’s think back to a time 33 years ago, before I was married or had children (my eldest is now 30). Honestly, is that the best you can do? (Trick question btw - the answer is yes, it is).

The expression ‘sad bastard’ was, no doubt, created just for you. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Lets hope this bus will be reversing fairly quickly !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   This start of season feels so very different, doesn't it?

A renewed sense of purpose is running through Bristol Rovers. I can certainly feel it as well in the positive vibes from many on gas chat. The prospect of glory, promotion and possibly champions is certainly worth thinking about.

Our squad, strengthened seemingly every week, have returned to the training pitch with a fire in their bellies that's unmistakable as seen in our recent performances.

Joey Barton's passion is infectious and clearly attracts top players. We can be confident about the future. There's an aura of determination and unity around this club that's the hallmark of any footballing success.

A winning culture is being forged, and for those of us who've stood by Rovers through thick and thin, this feeling is as precious as silverware.

The whispers of hope are growing louder, not only within the stands but within gaschat. Our Dreams, long held in check, are converging with the reality of what our club can achieve. No longer looking down but looking up to the future.

Joey Barton has nurtured a spirit that is seen in of champions, and our style of play is imbued with the same energy, the same hunger that defined the great teams of yesteryears.

This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

With the right mindset and the talent in our squad anything is possible.

The bus is ready to ride again.

• Haha 8

Just to get things back on track on this thread ...

F3z7I6fXwAE4vUQ?format=jpg&name=small

Lamare Bogarde rejoins Bristol Rovers on a season-long loan from @AVFCOfficial

I wonder if it is just coincidence that his name is an anagram of Damage Laborer?

Sounds like he will be joining the legions of retired tradesmen to wreak havoc on the ground (with or without planning permission)!