IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Sweetheart, you've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference? 

You and your fellow contributors are quite clearly not indifferent to us. Your protestations notwithstanding, you are still deeply interested and even invested in us and our fate and fortune. 

Now, it is Friday evening. Let's leave it here for the weekend. 

You really are a bore . You’ve come on here & in your head you think you’re a intellectual . However , all you’ve done is lie & make yourself look exactly the stereotype of a 15er that we all know you are . A deluded , self righteous bell end with a massive inferiority complex . Enjoy your third division game tomorrow 

• Flames 7

10 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Lets hope this bus will be reversing fairly quickly !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   This start of season feels so very different, doesn't it?

A renewed sense of purpose is running through Bristol Rovers. I can certainly feel it as well in the positive vibes from many on gas chat. The prospect of glory, promotion and possibly champions is certainly worth thinking about.

Our squad, strengthened seemingly every week, have returned to the training pitch with a fire in their bellies that's unmistakable as seen in our recent performances.

Joey Barton's passion is infectious and clearly attracts top players. We can be confident about the future. There's an aura of determination and unity around this club that's the hallmark of any footballing success.

A winning culture is being forged, and for those of us who've stood by Rovers through thick and thin, this feeling is as precious as silverware.

The whispers of hope are growing louder, not only within the stands but within gaschat. Our Dreams, long held in check, are converging with the reality of what our club can achieve. No longer looking down but looking up to the future.

Joey Barton has nurtured a spirit that is seen in of champions, and our style of play is imbued with the same energy, the same hunger that defined the great teams of yesteryears.

This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

With the right mindset and the talent in our squad anything is possible.

The bus is ready to ride again.

Blimey!  What was this bloke on?

Anyway, back to reality... Playing the mighty Cambridge today!

(I had to look it up)

Lets hope this bus will be reversing fairly quickly !                                                                                                                                                                     The bus is ready to ride again.

I wonder if anybody will turn up to see this one ?

CF1_IksWEAA1AV3.jpg

Edited by The Gasbuster

Lets hope this bus will be reversing fairly quickly !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   This start of season feels so very different, doesn't it?

A renewed sense of purpose is running through Bristol Rovers. I can certainly feel it as well in the positive vibes from many on gas chat. The prospect of glory, promotion and possibly champions is certainly worth thinking about.

Our squad, strengthened seemingly every week, have returned to the training pitch with a fire in their bellies that's unmistakable as seen in our recent performances.

Joey Barton's passion is infectious and clearly attracts top players. We can be confident about the future. There's an aura of determination and unity around this club that's the hallmark of any footballing success.

A winning culture is being forged, and for those of us who've stood by Rovers through thick and thin, this feeling is as precious as silverware.

The whispers of hope are growing louder, not only within the stands but within gaschat. Our Dreams, long held in check, are converging with the reality of what our club can achieve. No longer looking down but looking up to the future.

Joey Barton has nurtured a spirit that is seen in of champions, and our style of play is imbued with the same energy, the same hunger that defined the great teams of yesteryears.

This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

this bus hes banging on about isnt this reliable luxury vehicle i snapped on its way to be un-broken down? maybe its all fixed now

V__6384-1.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Sweetheart, you've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference? 

You and your fellow contributors are quite clearly not indifferent to us. Your protestations notwithstanding, you are still deeply interested and even invested in us and our fate and fortune. 

It's you that make yourselves fairly irrelevant to us over the past 25 years.

Don't worry- we still dispise everything about your club - but your abject failure, coupled with constant, repeated effort to make yourselves a laughing stock - mean there isn't much else we can do than look down on you & laugh at you (regularly)

A large chunk of our fan base have never seen a league game between the 2 Bristol clubs & for that, the blame lies entirely at your door.

When you finally get your act together enough to scale the heady heights of the 2nd tier again - or, God forbid, we come down to your level - whichever happens first - the hatred of your club will come flooding back as we'll have to listen to your cringeful dirge of Irene, see the vomit inducing mess of a kit you play in & be fully reminded just what bitter, nasty little scumbags your fans & everything associated with your club are.

For the past 25 odd years we've kind of forgotten about just how vile you actually are - but it won't take long to remember - when you actually get the right to take to the same playing field as us again.

Do hurry up though..... we've been more than patient and it's actually getting quite boring..!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Just to get things back on track on this thread ...

F3z7I6fXwAE4vUQ?format=jpg&name=small

Lamare Bogarde rejoins Bristol Rovers on a season-long loan from @AVFCOfficial

I wonder if it is just coincidence that his name is an anagram of Damage Laborer?

Sounds like he will be joining the legions of retired tradesmen to wreak havoc on the ground (with or without planning permission)!

For all I know this lad might be a decent player but like before he’s the fourth youngster to join on loan from a Prem club (2 from Brentford, 1 from Chelsea) to go with a collection of Dad’s Army signings in Friend (36 in October), Wilson (34), Hunt (33 before the year is out) & Sinclair (34).

I know some above are arguing that the hatred that exists (& I do hate them) is blinding judgement on here but trying to be dispassionate does this really seem like a recipe for success? A load of here today, gone tomorrow kids & a collection of veterans who Wilson aside weren’t playing at their previous clubs.

It does look a weaker league this season & Stevenage doing so well emphasises that, but whilst they probably will be top ten (no achievement based on the money they are committing to compared to many in their league), I just can’t see them going up.

That’s also before we get to the elephant in the room of infrastructure, no club at our level plays in a ground as ramshackle & embarrassing as theirs, new “stand” in 2024 or not, as the case may be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

For all I know this lad might be a decent player but like before he’s the fourth youngster to join on loan from a Prem club (2 from Brentford, 1 from Chelsea) to go with a collection of Dad’s Army signings in Friend (36 in October), Wilson (34), Hunt (33 before the year is out) & Sinclair (34).

I know some above are arguing that the hatred that exists (& I do hate them) is blinding judgement on here but trying to be dispassionate does this really seem like a recipe for success? A load of here today, gone tomorrow kids & a collection of veterans who Wilson aside weren’t playing at their previous clubs.

It does look a weaker league this season & Stevenage doing so well emphasises that, but whilst they probably will be top ten (no achievement based on the money they are committing to compared to many in their league), I just can’t see them going up.

That’s also before we get to the elephant in the room of infrastructure, no club at our level plays in a ground as ramshackle & embarrassing as theirs, new “stand” in 2024 or not, as the case may be.

Does seem like a peculiar transfer policy, one I am surprised hasn't been challenged by the club.

Get that they don't have a youth development scheme as such, so developing players for other clubs probably makes a degree of sense, but signing players at the end of their careers looking for one last payday is most odd.

The loan signings, if they do well, will go back to their parent clubs and have a proper career and the pensioners will retire. So every season the squad will need rebuilding.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2023 at 19:05, Hot Air said:

Its interesting - Rovers have often adopted their 'small-time' (or 'tinpot') aspects in the same way that Wimbledon did in the 1980s, with the 'Crazy Gang' mentality - Steve Hamer, a former chairman, even directly drew this comparison. You'll recall that we actually embraced this at Twerton.

In contrast, it is City's attempt to make the leap into a genuine contender that invariably amuses. Watching you try and then fall flat on your face, as in the 2008 play-off final, is a continual source of amusement. You try so hard to be 'massive' but never quite make it. 

I’d never seen so many genuinely worried Gasheads when we unexpectedly reached the play off final. Those I knew kept making a point of letting me know that they felt that we were going to do it and it was more a case of them trying to prepare themselves for what would have been their worst nightmare and also a defeatist attempt to try and soften the blow in hope that we wouldn’t revel in it and rub it in their faces.

They bit their nails just as much as we did that day, but **** me, when the final whistle went they didn’t half crawl out from under their stones and start giving it the biggun again!

It was (even since 1982) the best finish outside of the top division and it was a little stick that Gasheads could enthusiastically beat us with for a while.

But then……..along came Colin Daniel and eclipsed everything that had gone before by a country mile. 

All those love-ins with Windass came back to haunt you big-time. Two Divorces and imaginary City fans in the Mansfield end and ‘waiting outside’ for you.

You reap what you sow and you deserve to have the piss ripped out of you royally.

You’ve completely lost your way in this thread and have now gone all philosophical Barton on us.

Any attempt by Gasheads to ridicule City will always be feeble because you have nothing of any credible substance other than singing the blues when you win and we lose (one match).

You are a sinking dinghy, certainly not the titanic (oh, thanks for that one too by the way).

The only thing that triggers anyone is when we refer to you as ‘Tinpot’

And you are so ******* TINPOT! ???

On 18/08/2023 at 08:52, Open End Numb Legs said:

Oh dear. Where do you begin with that?

I assume they went on the web looking for a character whose name is Jack or Hunt.

Should have gone for Ethan Hunt, that would have looked fantastic as the tag line they have used in the picture (pushing for promotion) would have been followed with 'Mission Impossible'.

Remember Joey’s words following relegation from League One. “The other side of the City will be laughing at us, sinking ship and it’s the Titanic at the moment’.

The gift ? 

11 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Stay off the drugs. Drugs are bad. Mmmkay? ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

16 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Hello Simon, I thought you supported Crystal Palace? 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Let's just say they do manage to get up this season, then where do they stand?

They will have hardly any players as you have stated, old ones will be gone, young ones will be gone back. They then have to try and buy players capable or even get some freebies, do they even know what the wage costs are for the Championship? They will not be getting any more revenue this season than last season, they have no other revenue streams in that effort of a stadium, so how do they pay for a promotion and just one season in the Championship? They will end up with even more debt and the cycle continues the year after. Add in the fact they don't really have any players worth a fortune so not really got anything to trade, and no youngsters from the academy going through their ranks.

They may well have a good season, they may even surprise and get promoted, but whatever happens they will be getting into a hell of a lot more debt, and how much more will the owners keep ploughing in?

• Like 2

You know it’s funny, I play skittles with a few gasheads, and when we talk about football (as we did last night) the conversations are actually very measured. They know we are living a different life to them, and they’ve actually accepted that. Would they love to still put one over on us or sneak back into the championship to take a proper pop? Of course. But they also know and are embarrassed about a lot of things (Barton’s behaviour, lack of a stand, etc). 

What that creates is a really good chat about what players they’re bringing through, what my opinion of Jack Hunt is and how that’ll look for them, and who I think will be the next big thing(s) out of our academy. 

It reminds me that there’s hope for them, the fan base. But I then come on here and see Hot Air and that hope comes crashing down, some of them simply cannot get over the facts, still obsessed with twisting 82 for their own envious means. Like a tv high school bully that can’t quite get their head around that everybody has the measure of them and in the real world they are completely irrelevant. 

• Like 3