IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Sweetheart, you've heard it said that the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference? 

You and your fellow contributors are quite clearly not indifferent to us. Your protestations notwithstanding, you are still deeply interested and even invested in us and our fate and fortune. 

Now, it is Friday evening. Let's leave it here for the weekend. 

Yes, we utterly despise you. Well noticed. And not just us, either - that s**tneck in your dugout has made sure of that. A bad day at the office for us but seeing the Gash lost cheered me right up.

18 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Did anyone else hear the Rovers (I assume assistant or a coach??) interviewed on Radio Bristol after the game? 
described their current squad as “probably the best squad Bristol Rovers have ever had” 

?

Did anyone else hear Hot Air after the game? 
... described their current squad as “probably the best squad any team in Bristol has ever had” 

• Haha 2

The News - In Cambridge today a derailment of Joey Barton’s premier league train occurred. No casualties are reported, although one gAsshole is missing. 

The Weather- A period of @Hot Airappears to have disappeared. The rest of the week is expected to be calm. 

• Like 1

"This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

With the right mindset and the talent in our squad anything is possible.

The bus is ready to ride again."

bus-crash-killed-35-people.jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

The News - In Cambridge today a derailment of Joey Barton’s premier league train occurred. No casualties are reported, although one gAsshole is missing. 

The Weather- A period of @Hot Airappears to have disappeared. The rest of the week is expected to be calm. 

Not at all - a concentration of 'Hot Air' is expected to be moving into the OTIB forum in response to the suggestion that Birmingham fans responded to a lack of atmosphere by chanting 'is this a library'? during their 2-0 triumph. After this abject display, OTIB contributors can expect to experience a sustained depression and dark moods for the whole of next week, which will only be briefly alleviated by brief infusions of 'Hot Air'. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"This season, the road to promotion is in front of us. The bus is here, as it has been since 2011, ever hopeful, waiting for us to climb aboard and carve our name in the annals of Bristol Rovers football history.

For me, I am daring to dream of the unattainable - To be Champions - the ground-breaking goal. Like everyone, I’ll take promotion in anyway.

With the right mindset and the talent in our squad anything is possible.

The bus is ready to ride again."

bus-crash-killed-35-people.jpg

That is actually very amusing - this and the Birmingham fans chanting 'is this a library' at your silent fans gave me a much-needed lift. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That is actually very amusing - this and the Birmingham fans chanting 'is this a library' at your silent fans gave me a much-needed lift. Thank you. 

Sung by away supporters at every ground in similar circumstances, including yours no doubt. 

Meanwhile the greatest squad ever assembled in Bristol is receiving a reappraisal.

"I’m far from convinced by this keeper as well.
Belshaw the better of the two from what I’ve seen so far.
Collins needs a game or two on the bench he’s been out of form for about 4 months of season time and Sinclair is in form.
Finley a liability in midfield , either he’s badly out of form or his legs have gone and this is what we can now expect from him.
Start Sinclair for Collins and Bogarde for Finley next match I reckon.
Loft is useless needs to be sold / out on loan and we need a striker before the window closes."

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sung by away supporters at every ground in similar circumstances, including yours no doubt. 

Meanwhile the greatest squad ever assembled in Bristol is receiving a reappraisal.

"I’m far from convinced by this keeper as well.
Belshaw the better of the two from what I’ve seen so far.
Collins needs a game or two on the bench he’s been out of form for about 4 months of season time and Sinclair is in form.
Finley a liability in midfield , either he’s badly out of form or his legs have gone and this is what we can now expect from him.
Start Sinclair for Collins and Bogarde for Finley next match I reckon.
Loft is useless needs to be sold / out on loan and we need a striker before the window closes."

Never heard it at the Mem. I have however heard opposition fans and managers repeatedly say that it is difficult place to play because of the home fans and the atmosphere they generate.

Collins does need to be given a rest. He has been out of form since the end of last season - he won best player in the league because of his pre-Christmas form. Bring in Sinclair and stick with Marquis upfront. 

Finley is struggling and replacing him with Bogarde for a few games seems a good decision.

Loft isn't useless but isn't a top-half L1 striker and needs to be moved on.

I see that your fans are calling for a new striker. Why not JCH? I'm surprised no championship club has taken a gamble on him yet. 

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Never heard it at the Mem. I have however heard opposition fans and managers repeatedly say that it is difficult place to play because of the home fans and the atmosphere they generate.

You’ve been called out for playing crowd noise through your PA. ?

It doesn’t get much more embarrassing than that. 

I lived near the Mem for years and could genuinely never tell when you were at home. Even your own fans admit that the atmosphere is often flat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

What a win for the L1 galaticos today after they had the greatest transfer window week in history according to their fans 

Now I hate Rovers as much as the next person but seems very hollow to take the piss after what we watched today. 

29 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Collins does need to be given a rest. He has been out of form since the end of last season - he won best player in the league because of his pre-Christmas form. Bring in Sinclair and stick with Marquis upfront. 

Finley is struggling and replacing him with Bogarde for a few games seems a good decision.

I see that your fans are calling for a new striker. Why not JCH? I'm surprised no championship club has taken a gamble on him yet. 

Oh ffs, are you still here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

That boring old song is sang by away fans up and down the country regardless of the atmosphere.

Its old, it’s boring, it’s not original, and it is pathetic tbh.

The other one being Bristol’s a shit hole.

Bit rich when it’s being sang by a bunch of Brummies.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

Bristol Rovers fan spends Saturday afternoon listening to city commentary rather than his own team? Weird. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Did anyone else hear the Rovers (I assume assistant or a coach??) interviewed on Radio Bristol after the game? 

described their current squad as “probably the best squad Bristol Rovers have ever had”  

?

He probably thought it was as true. Unfortunately some people have equivalent memory of a goldfish. I’m old enough to remember when Rovers actually had a good team that could compete in Division 2 (the equivalent of the Championship). Their current squad might be the best in the last 5 years or so, but that’s not saying very much. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Thanks for reinforcing the 'pathological liars' tagline you clowns embrace so well. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He probably thought it was as true. Unfortunately some people have equivalent memory of a goldfish. I’m old enough to remember when Rovers actually had a good team that could compete in Division 2 (the equivalent of the Championship). Their current squad might be the best in the last 5 years or so, but that’s not saying very much. 

Thank You

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You lot really do talk some shit ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You lot really do talk some shit ?

Steve Evans

"You have to respect the manager, the opponents and you certainly have to respect the Bristol Rovers fans - they've given me plenty of stick over the years but they give brilliant backing to their team.

Steve Evans claims Gillingham silenced the Mem in draw with Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Derek Adams

“They are one of the bigger clubs, fan base wise it is excellent, and they always create a good atmosphere when you go there. 

Adams expecting strong opposition in Bristol Rovers - News - Morecambe (morecambefc.com)

47 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Thanks for reinforcing the 'pathological liars' tagline you clowns embrace so well. 

Steve Evans

"You have to respect the manager, the opponents and you certainly have to respect the Bristol Rovers fans - they've given me plenty of stick over the years but they give brilliant backing to their team.

Steve Evans claims Gillingham silenced the Mem in draw with Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Derek Adams

“They are one of the bigger clubs, fan base wise it is excellent, and they always create a good atmosphere when you go there. 

Adams expecting strong opposition in Bristol Rovers - News - Morecambe (morecambefc.com)

12 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

not really the same as pep and jose saying what a great atmosphere down the gate

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Steve Evans

Derek Adams

Hang on a mo, earlier you state you'd 'heard' opposition fans and managers blowing smoke up your arses. Then you just copy and paste the above quotes straight from the local rag. Do you understand the difference between hearing and reading. You can't help yourselves with your delusional lying can you? 

Also you claim to have never heard the 'is this a library' sung at the memorial. You either don't go to football or as stated earlier, you are a liar. 

Edited by dilligaf

I can understand why a team would find the Mem off putting to play at. Not because of the fans or atmosphere but because it is not the sort of stadium they would be used to as professional footballers. A confusing mess of tents and now with a few bushes and back gardens at one end.

The radio commentators will be saying 'Rovers will play towards the patio end in this 1st half'.

We see this every season in the FA cup, a Prem side will go to a non league side with a ground like the Mem and struggle to switch on mentally and play their normal game.

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Hang on a mo, earlier you state you'd 'heard' opposition fans and managers blowing smoke up your arses. Then you just copy and paste the above quotes straight from the local rag. Do you understand the difference between hearing and reading. You can't help yourselves with your delusional lying can you? 

Also you claim to have never heard the 'is this a library' sung at the memorial. You either don't go to football or as stated earlier, you are a liar. 

Are they or are they not complementary about our fans? 

5 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Did you mean complimentary?

If you are going to come on here and criticise people's grammar and try and use big words you don't understand, at least get them right!

You are not only very offensive with what you write, you are also showing yourself up as being something you clearly are not.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Let's not start this 'our fans are better than yours' malarkey.

If you read this thread you will know we have videos and pictures aplenty to embarrass you and maybe you could quote some stories back but the amount of past material on here is huge and none of it would be complimented by any 3rd party.