IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, petehinton said:

The ******* gorms seem split, either Johnson Clarke-Harris is going to buy himself out of his contract to sign for them (????) or they’ve bid £1m for him that’s been rejected as Posh want £3m ?????? ffs ???

That would be next level delusion to think that a player is so desperate to return to the fewers they would shell out their own hard earned to buy themselves out of their contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Admin - I seem to recall that the last Rent Boy to infest this forum under the handle “Ashton Hero” was quickly rechristened “Deluded Sag”. Any chance “Hot Air” could undergo a similar head-swap op.? Suggested alter ego, “Inert Gas”.

I did suggest "Tedious Sag" previously.

Seems even more apt now.

19 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

That boring old song is sang by away fans up and down the country regardless of the atmosphere.

Its old, it’s boring, it’s not original, and it is pathetic tbh.

The other one being Bristol’s a shit hole.

Bit rich when it’s being sang by a bunch of Brummies.

Who probably have also never set foot in a library in their life.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

I've thought this many times. Lets face it, City have achieved the square root of fa in, what 130 years of existence and supporting them has been a largely unrewarding activity to say the least. For 95% of that time Rovers have been worse. It's no surprise at all then that their supporter base is so bitter.

The square roof of FA? You have obviously forgotten City’s Welsh Cup final triumph over the mighty Tranmere Rovers in 1934. OK, it took a replay but so called big teams such as Chelsea have never managed this. Just to put it into perspective, the last team to win the Welsh Cup was The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club, 

14 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Admin - I seem to recall that the last Rent Boy to infest this forum under the handle “Ashton Hero” was quickly rechristened “Deluded Sag”. Any chance “Hot Air” could undergo a similar head-swap op.? Suggested alter ego, “Inert Gas”.

or 'wet fart'

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just sat down to watch Golf life with tubes from soccer AM. Who’s his guest this week. Joey ******* Barton. Oh and he’s already touched on the blue half of Bristol 

See, I read that as "he has touched all the Blues in Bristol". I must get my eyes checked. :)

• Hmmm 1

15 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just sat down to watch Golf life with tubes from soccer AM. Who’s his guest this week. Joey ******* Barton. Oh and he’s already touched on the blue half of Bristol 

Not one of the best, Barton's advice on several holes was bollocks, especially the third! Big push for his pay site...to keep out the knockers.... Lots of council estate references..I come from a family of roofers, poor but honest ????, murder story...no wife beating tales... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The square roof of FA? You have obviously forgotten City’s Welsh Cup final triumph over the mighty Tranmere Rovers in 1934. OK, it took a replay but so called big teams such as Chelsea have never managed this. Just to put it into perspective, the last team to win the Welsh Cup was The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club, 

Have you ever won the Watney Cup though?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Have you ever won the Watney Cup though?

As an expert judge in all matter of taste I refuse to associate myself with such a vile beverage. Bristol City also have high standards so the club gave this competition a wide berth 

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As an expert judge in all matter of taste I refuse to associate myself with such a vile beverage. Bristol City also have high standards so the club gave this competition a wide berth 

Did I imagine this or did we play a Blackthorn Cup against Rangers?My memory is pretty shocking. 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Ahem, I'll have you know , one had to qualify for the Watney Cup by being one of the top two scoring sides in one's relevant division ! Clearly Ashton Gate was the home of dull 0-0 draws and scrappy 1-0 wins back then whereas, as the old saying went, Eastville for entertainment :)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ahem, I'll have you know , one had to qualify for the Watney Cup by being one of the top two scoring sides in one's relevant division ! Clearly Ashton Gate was the home of dull 0-0 draws and scrappy 1-0 wins back then whereas, as the old saying went, Eastville for entertainment :)

Correct. 

We had plenty of entertainment there!

• Like 1