IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Thank you for asking.  I've suddenly become very anaemic, and they are trying to find out the cause, a scan has hopefully ruled out the cancer having returned, I've been unvelieveably tired and short of breath.  I had an iron infusion, which has helped.  I've got to have the camera down the throat thing done, and also see the kidney people as my kidneys have gone back to stage 4 CKD, oh, and an Echocardiogram to check my heart.  The scan showed that I have gallstones, although no symptoms. I'm still alive and kicking though, plenty to be thankful for. 

I am sure you will have the support of every poster on here, we are all wishing you the best.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Thank you for asking.  I've suddenly become very anaemic, and they are trying to find out the cause, a scan has hopefully ruled out the cancer having returned, I've been unvelieveably tired and short of breath.  I had an iron infusion, which has helped.  I've got to have the camera down the throat thing done, and also see the kidney people as my kidneys have gone back to stage 4 CKD, oh, and an Echocardiogram to check my heart.  The scan showed that I have gallstones, although no symptoms. I'm still alive and kicking though, plenty to be thankful for. 

Sounds nasty mate, take good care of yourself. Glad you're being looked after though ?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, In the Net said:

All best wishes to you @In the Net

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, In the Net said:

Well done Netty, stick with it...

All the very best to you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

So they've started building a stand.

Just imagine if they were building a stand without any planning permission to do so, just imagine...

F4IGfhtXEAAGpXm.webp

I'm no expert, but that appears to be the bit on the side. Isn't it the main section (backing onto Alton Road) that has caused most upset? They probably assume they can get on with that bit without issue.

Looks like a bus stop to me...

page_busshelters-e15379482344232.jpg.f06c5b2266d49c70fc414b4f78fdd10a.jpg

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

So they've started building a stand.

Just imagine if they were building a stand without any planning permission to do so, just imagine...

F4IGfhtXEAAGpXm.webp

So, just popped over to GasChat to see what was occuring regarding the building of this new stand...

They are still waiting for one of their many, many, many supporters to confirm that this is actually happening (they still haven't).

Which given that this supposed to be a Fewers strong-hold area, is amazing. Not a single poster is able to confirm that this was the scene today.

Not just their club that are tinpot, they can't even find a local supporter to go and check for them! 

On 19/08/2023 at 10:41, Coombsy said:

IMG_2701.thumb.jpeg.21b4a3413b8dd76c249d105fe8fde3a5.jpeg

On 19/08/2023 at 12:54, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It is not only repairs and servicing as their body shop also comes highly recommended ...

4AB273BD-95C6-45B6-8029-CAFD9E0952EB.thumb.JPG.50273e0943b4b5697ab2270060ea3b94.JPG.55bc2d66b98fbb175fce69c4470ce312.JPG

Ok…..Decided to do a bit of work on the car and then dropped it off at the garage…..

image002.thumb.png.4ee0f56563b8e835a3a42a24944e76ce.png

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

I'm no expert, but that appears to be the bit on the side. Isn't it the main section (backing onto Alton Road) that has caused most upset? They probably assume they can get on with that bit without issue.

Looks like a bus stop to me...

page_busshelters-e15379482344232.jpg.f06c5b2266d49c70fc414b4f78fdd10a.jpg

Correct ✅ 

image001.png.19412556d7b77dfd927b1f5eb1f57ae1.png

• Haha 15

2 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Imagine they were to build without permission and say **** the council and someone had a injury whilst no safety cert in  place :laugh: 

Our liability insurers would walk away leaving Mr Gorringe and Mr Al-Quidi to face the music.

Alf Saeed is lurking in the background but he's not currently an officer of the company. 

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Our liability insurers would walk away leaving Mr Gorringe and Mr Al-Quidi to face the music.

Alf Saeed is lurking in the background but he's not currently an officer of the company. 

Does Alf see the opportunity Wally missed in terms of prime land and zero interest in the beautiful game?....

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does Alf see the opportunity Wally missed in terms of prime land and zero interest in the beautiful game?....

Well it is confusing when we were told young Alf is a director of a professional football club in Kuwait but he doesn’t mention this on his LinkedIn profile.

https://kw.linkedin.com/in/abdullatif-alsaeed-006535b7

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m not at all sure there is much beautiful about Rovers or what they’ve done to the rugby ground.

Oh come on. Be reasonable...

If you had spray painted a toilet with an image of something the almost looked like a former player I would value the stadium at billions more that it's really worth.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, despite BCC telling them to stop, they are still carrying on with the build. The Council`s statement a week or two back could not have been clearer - stop work until we tell you it can proceed. That`s really going to endear them to the the planning officers.  They should turn it down as a matter of principle now - pour encourager les autres.

But of course, `We`re Bristol R*overs, we do what we want`.

I really hope it all does go tits up for them, it will be only what they deserve for trying to ride roughshod over the rules.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, despite BCC telling them to stop, they are still carrying on with the build. The Council`s statement a week or two back could not have been clearer - stop work until we tell you it can proceed. That`s really going to endear them to the the planning officers.  They should turn it down as a matter of principle now - pour encourager les autres.

But of course, `We`re Bristol R*overs, we do what we want`.

I really hope it all does go tits up for them, it will be only what they deserve for trying to ride roughshod over the rules.

I'll guess that they have lumped a bundle at some planning professionals who have reviewed things and in their view, it's worth proceeding with. 

I don't see them restarting the works without some assurance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll guess that they have lumped a bundle at some planning professionals who have reviewed things and in their view, it's worth proceeding with. 

You`re probably right but they are so arrogant that I think Wally genuinely thinks the rules don`t apply to them.

They are the Boris Johnson of the EFL.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And yet the fact that the report linked by @Bristol Robabove says they still haven't submitted all the required paperwork might suggest otherwise.