IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll guess that they have lumped a bundle at some planning professionals who have reviewed things and in their view, it's worth proceeding with. 

I don't see them restarting the works without some assurance.

“Ahh, go on. I’d just, gert like, get on wiv it. Thees’ll be alright, I reckons”.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll guess that they have lumped a bundle at some planning professionals who have reviewed things and in their view, it's worth proceeding with. 

I don't see them restarting the works without some assurance.

You are forgetting who we are dealing with here Rob....

• Haha 4

They could be in a bit of trouble over this, don't seem to be doing themselves any favours with the council or the residents...anyway if any retired stadium builders are looking to keep their hand in..just roll up at The Mem tomorrow at 7.30 and you are gaureenteed a shift.?‍♂️

13 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, despite BCC telling them to stop, they are still carrying on with the build. The Council`s statement a week or two back could not have been clearer - stop work until we tell you it can proceed. That`s really going to endear them to the the planning officers.  They should turn it down as a matter of principle now - pour encourager les autres.

But of course, `We`re Bristol R*overs, we do what we want`.

I really hope it all does go tits up for them, it will be only what they deserve for trying to ride roughshod over the rules.

Tempting as that would probably be to a planning officer, I don’t think it will get refused any more so now than it was ever going to be. The reality is that they’ll get consent.

However, it’s far more likely that the planners require some minor amendments to the proposals, height, size, aspect, things like that. Which would be more than little awkward if the thing’s already built. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, despite BCC telling them to stop, they are still carrying on with the build. The Council`s statement a week or two back could not have been clearer - stop work until we tell you it can proceed. That`s really going to endear them to the the planning officers.  They should turn it down as a matter of principle now - pour encourager les autres.

But of course, `We`re Bristol R*overs, we do what we want`.

I really hope it all does go tits up for them, it will be only what they deserve for trying to ride roughshod over the rules.

Yeah, **** it. Let's just go for it because we've sold seat tickets.

Get it done and BCC can take us to court if they can be bothered.

Up Da Gaz innit!

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 12:42, JBFC II said:

So they've started building a stand.

Just imagine if they were building a stand without any planning permission to do so, just imagine...

F4IGfhtXEAAGpXm.webp

image.png.e3c2b0ec0df9487c68aa0693a58b9782.png

It would appear that this "state of the art" design is known to the blue few. Herewith, the Rovers' contribution to Twerton (on the left in a similar position to the current Meccano site at Horefield!).

• Haha 1

Meanwhile on gas chat - Just how few season tickets did they sell for their "Atyeo sized stand" if they can fit them in on the side section???

2 hours ago yattongas, peterhooper57, and 4 more like this
Post Options

Post by wertongas on 2 hours ago

Great news that the stand is finally going up. Club are probably aiming to get the southwest section completed first so that they can seat all the season ticket holders that have to be moved to other parts of the ground. Everbody, Councillors and staff at BCC have supported the application except the Greens, so it is very likely the application is now going to go through so the club might as well get on and start the work. Greens and nymbies futile effort to delay the application is just that, I have dealt with thousands of consultations on the environmental aspect of applications and comments made by the Greens and nymbies are spurious, petty and in some cases untrue. Some still think that the club should hold back on the construction because planning laws may have been broken, but the planning department have broken every statutory law on the timeline of the application. Hopefully Edwards will see sense and withdraw her requst for the application to go to committee and we can enjoy the first major stand to be built at a Rovers ground by the club in most of our lifetimes sooner than later.

They clearly just do not get that regardless what the greens may or may have done, the reason for the complete fudge up is due to the club completely disregarding the due legal planning process in producing the bare minimum documentation for such a development and then expecting it to fly through planning without any scrutiny. The fact they appear to have also commenced some form of construction is nothing short of contempt of the whole planning system. If BCC let this fly, I would imagine there could be a case for a judicial review

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, adamski said:

Meanwhile on gas chat - Just how few season tickets did they sell for their "Atyeo sized stand" if they can fit them in on the side section???

Post Options

Great news that the stand is finally going up. Club are probably aiming to get the southwest section completed first so that they can seat all the season ticket holders that have to be moved to other parts of the ground. Everbody, Councillors and staff at BCC have supported the application except the Greens, so it is very likely the application is now going to go through so the club might as well get on and start the work. Greens and nymbies futile effort to delay the application is just that, I have dealt with thousands of consultations on the environmental aspect of applications and comments made by the Greens and nymbies are spurious, petty and in some cases untrue. Some still think that the club should hold back on the construction because planning laws may have been broken, but the planning department have broken every statutory law on the timeline of the application. Hopefully Edwards will see sense and withdraw her requst for the application to go to committee and we can enjoy the first major stand to be built at a Rovers ground by the club in most of our lifetimes sooner than later.

I know wertongas is trying to sound knowledgeable and sophisticated but it's not 'nymbies' it's nimby (not in my back yard). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, adamski said:

Greens and nymbies futile effort to delay the application is just that, I have dealt with thousands of consultations on the environmental aspect of applications and comments made by the Greens and nymbies are spurious, petty and in some cases untrue.

Oxfordreference.com appropriately defines NIMBY as an acronym, “the initial letters of the words ‘not in my back yard,’ signifying resistance to proposals to establish an unsightly or distasteful industry or development, such as a halfway house for recovering drug addicts or a dump site, in the neighbourhood.”

Wertongas, who has dealt with “thousands of consultations” no doubt believes his version NYMBIES to be an acronym for ‘Not Yet My Babber I’m Eating See’. 

• Haha 9
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

They clearly just do not get that regardless what the greens may or may have done, the reason for the complete fudge up is due to the club completely disregarding the due legal planning process in producing the bare minimum documentation for such a development and then expecting it to fly through planning without any scrutiny. The fact they appear to have also commenced some form of construction is nothing short of contempt of the whole planning system. If BCC let this fly, I would imagine there could be a case for a judicial review

A few weeks ago I jokingly posted about ARRRSE (Alton Road Residents Resisting Stadium Enlargement) just for a bit of fun.

But it's actually now come to pass that there is a group of articulate and motivated local residents which is determined to make sure the Council follow the planning regulations to the letter of the law. These people are mainly non-political and not connected to the Green Party so Rovers trying to shove all the blame in that direction is another howler which will more than likely backfire. 

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

A few weeks ago I jokingly posted about ARRRSE (Alton Road Residents Resisting Stadium Enlargement) just for a bit of fun.

But it's actually now come to pass that there is a group of articulate and motivated local residents which is determined to make sure the Council follow the planning regulations to the letter of the law. These people are mainly non-political and not connected to the Green Party so Rovers trying to shove all the blame in that direction is another howler which will more than likely backfire. 

I would imagine that the vast majority of residents are not Greens round them parts. More likely liberals(with a small l), lawyers, doctors, tech types etc... those who can write without lined paper, work out acronyms, add up to 12 in their own head, read a letter with more than 8 lines etc.... The sort of folk that don't hang around the blue few unless it's for business purposes - legal aid, clap clinic, personal device investigation, interbreeding genetic research etc...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, adamski said:

Post Options

“Major stand”. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Yeah, **** it. Let's just go for it because we've sold seat tickets.

Get it done and BCC can take us to court if they can be bothered.

Up Da Gaz innit!

I’m doubtful it would ever get as far as BCC taking them to court. I don’t know the rules in detail, but I’d be amazed if there was any possibility at all of them getting a safety certificate for a stand that doesn’t have planning consent (and thereby won’t have satisfied building regs). And without a safety certificate they can’t use it anyway. Or if they did they would be foolish beyond belief.

And didn’t we have to run 2 or 3 games as ‘trials’ before we got the safety certificates on our new stands?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

Oh so now Tristan says they are building it.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-start-new-south-8694139

Bristol Live doing what it does best.  

Bristol Live understands what it is doing, because Bristol Live understands that they employ only the best.

End of the day, Bristol Live understands.