IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the optimism turn into disbelief-  my favourite moment was the below when you had “ITK” posters saying to be calm and composed and then a reality hitting home that in fact all was not calm and they’d failed to do the paperwork . 
a very amusing end to the day .. couldn’t happen to a nicer club . 

image.thumb.jpeg.9279c2c723e1021ddf7371fdc49a3c80.jpeg

Edited by Brann-red
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Selred said:

JCH has won the golden boot the last 2 seasons he’s played in league one. That is the definition of a top league one striker. 

Yes we’ve signed international players, but that doesn’t make them top championship players (Magnússon prime example). Like I’ve said, you could argue Naismith (Luton player of the season) and Kalas is a shout (promotion with Fulham/Boro).

JCH would walk into all, or at least most, of league one teams. For that division it’s massive. 

What you and @formerly known as ivanhave spectacularly failed to recognise is that for us to pull of the equivalent transfer as the one that Rovers have just failed to achieve (by design to appear ambitious?) is that not only do you need £15m (yes we have that) you also have to pay £40k per week wages. A club at the top of its wage budget?. For clarity £10-£15m players do not play for £7-£15k per week which is where the majority of our wage budget stands.

• Like 2

The Tillson lives on.

If anyone is interested in renting a property in Portishead I know a guy who has literally just put one up for rent due to totally Tinpot circumstances.

£800k signing would have deflected the supporters of everyone’s favourite second club away from the South Stand circus and the non existent progression of the Fruitihad Stadium.

I spoke to a Sag yesterday about the building site and his words were ‘Totally Tinpot and Embarrassing’. That made my day in itself. The failure to submit the paperwork for the JCH deal on time put the cherry on top of the well iced cake.

The gift train to oblivion keeps on rolling with Dad’s Army onboard.

TINPOT!

????????

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 3

So has this all been confirmed as actually happening?

I would say in no world would a professional club bid for a player whilst more than doubling their own transfer record, fail to complete and send off the paperwork in time for the transfer to be completed - but then I remember who we're talking about!!!

At least nobody will be talking about their incomplete planning permission for the new meccano set for a while.....

This does smell like Wally pulling a stunt to get the gullible few back on side whilst having no intention of ever completing the deal in the first place.....

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the optimism turn into disbelief-  my favourite moment was the below when you had “ITK” posters saying to be calm and composed and then a reality hitting home that in fact all was not calm and they’d failed to do the paperwork . 
a very amusing end to the day .. couldn’t happen to a nicer club . 

image.thumb.jpeg.9279c2c723e1021ddf7371fdc49a3c80.jpeg

If that time line is right, it just confirms what @slartibartfast and I said, 90 minutes to get the paperwork done? What were they doing sitting around and celebrating the signing with fake Fanta and stale crisps, until someone realised that they had all left the paperwork to someone else?  :)

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

I would say in no world would a professional club bid for a player whilst more than doubling their own transfer record, fail to complete and send off the paperwork in time for the transfer to be completed - but then I remember who we're talking about!!!

At least nobody will be talking about their incomplete planning permission for the new meccano set for a while.....

This does smell like Wally pulling a stunt to get the gullible few back on side whilst having no intention of ever completing the deal in the first place.....

This. He`s been getting the dribblers all worked up into a circle jerk frenzy and they all think what a guy he is when in reality he had no intention of doing the deal and he can now blame the pesky EFL or something. `Honest lads, we were all set to go but the powers that be thwarted us again`.

The gift never stops giving does it?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If that time line is right, it just confirms what @slartibartfast and I said, 90 minutes to get the paperwork done? What were they doing sitting around and celebrating the signing with fake Fanta and stale crisps, until someone realised that they had all left the paperwork to someone else?  :)

It’s always someone  fault, 

yes their own

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Who had gone home and left it locked in his filing cabinet (you don`t leave anything lying about over there with their record of thievery) and his phone was off due to him settling down for his evening Babestation session.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Taz said:

I do wonder. Any professional outfit would have ensured that all paperwork that was able to be complete was filled in hours before and if no move materialised you just chuck it away. All it should have needed was the final information and signatures by 9:30pm last night when McAntony tweeted that he had given the parties permission to finalise the deal. You would have thought 90 minutes to finalise terms and signatures given this circus has been going on for days, and Rovers would have spoken to JCH whatever the protocls say, would have been plenty.

Wael is either totally incompetent or has the tent enders on strings..........wonder what Joseph thinks - just been given his Get Out Of Jail Free card I would have thought....................I just realise what I wrote there!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. He`s been getting the dribblers all worked up into a circle jerk frenzy and they all think what a guy he is when in reality he had no intention of doing the deal and he can now blame the pesky EFL or something. `Honest lads, we were all set to go but the powers that be thwarted us again`.

The gift never stops giving does it?

Gaschat is a funny read this morning.

To be fair, many of them are calling it out for just what it is. “The most Bristol Rovers thing ever to happen to Bristol Rovers” I liked!

Although a few of them blaming Peterborough of course!!!!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Gaschat is a funny read this morning.

To be fair, many of them are calling it out for just what it is. “The most Bristol Rovers thing ever to happen to Bristol Rovers” I liked!

Although a few of them blaming Peterborough of course!!!!! 

Whilst the indignant were proclaiming massive ambition by Rovers, much more than us, and wondering why we were all here laughing.........

Wonder whether Wally is carried shoulder high up the Gloucester Road this afternoon?

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I do wonder. Any professional outfit would have ensured that all paperwork that was able to be complete was filled in hours before and if no move materialised you just chuck it away. All it should have needed was the final information and signatures by 9:30pm last night when McAntony tweeted that he had given the parties permission to finalise the deal. You would have thought 90 minutes to finalise terms and signatures given this circus has been going on for days, and Rovers would have spoken to JCH whatever the protocls say, would have been plenty.

Wael is either totally incompetent or has the tent enders on strings..........wonder what Joseph thinks - just been given his Get Out Of Jail Free card I would have thought....................I just realise what I wrote there!!

I reckon Darragh is having a little chuckle into his muesli this morning too. He`s had them on strings all week and finally says `Ah, go on then` only for them to **** it up royally.

I doubt he was bothered either way but he`s had a good laugh out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What you and @formerly known as ivanhave spectacularly failed to recognise is that for us to pull of the equivalent transfer as the one that Rovers have just failed to achieve (by design to appear ambitious?) is that not only do you need £15m (yes we have that) you also have to pay £40k per week wages. A club at the top of its wage budget?. For clarity £10-£15m players do not play for £7-£15k per week which is where the majority of our wage budget stands.

What you fail to recognise was at no point did I say we should pay the equivalent of what rovers were prepared to pay for a proven goal scorer. I was merely stating the fact that people were mocking rovers for trying to sign JCH which showed more ambition from them than our owners have showed. No where did I say we should be signing anyone for £15m! Christ, a loan deal for a striker would have been something! But no, SL doesn’t want to spend money on the football club.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I reckon Darragh is having a little chuckle into his muesli this morning too. He`s had them on strings all week and finally says `Ah, go on then` only for them to **** it up royally.

I doubt he was bothered either way but he`s had a good laugh out of it.

Took the piss out of Wally on Sky TV who apparently was literally stalking him on Facetime yesterday.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1