IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

But, with our new wage structure, are we gonna get better than him?

"What football makes, football spends" was the quote from the Owner. Not strictly true as we now know but nevertheless that's your answer - to get better we need to sell more players and what's left after Stevie Boy has put a proportion of that money into the nest egg for his next Manager is available to spend........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

I think there’s 3 things in play. 
1) Rovers attempt, failure, whatever you want to call it was ambitious. And nothing to really laugh at, well until it fell through which was hilarious. 
2) We are in a different league in many ways, but we’ve not shown ambition similar since Kalas (revising my previous comment with Freeman)

3) We have £26 million in fees received since we’ve last signed a player permanently, it’s embarrassing we’ve not signed anyone to replace Scott and are in a worse state transfer wise than Rovers. They are aiming for play offs in their league, we are aiming to stay up in ours, there’s the difference in ambition. 

Steve is aiming to do a Luton, which shows what he knows after over 20 years in football, but in reality your last point is correct. We are relying on Nige to keep us comfortable this season........again. I don't think that is where Nige expected to be even if he is saying the right things about "getting on with it" and "doing our best with what we've got".

52 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Woken up to this news this morning and it's bought a smile to my face.

A long standing gas ST colleague told me all about the 800k +add ons deal for JCH over a week ago, so I can only presume the whole delay was over JCH's terms.

Whatever is the reason, it's another example (alongside the whole summer stand fiasco) of the complete amateur set up they have running there. 

Why you couldn't arrange negotiations/medical to take place in Portsmouth is beyond me.

But no, they rely on him having to getva taxi from Portsmouth to their training ground. Just pay the money for it to be done privately elsewhere, tinpot doesn't do justice to it all.

Oh, and as for Wael to be face timing Dmac all the time, that once again smacks of a guy who just doesn't have a clue how these things work.

Apparently wages were agreed, they just messed getting the paperwork completed in time. Shambles but also hilarious ?

Wael: Great lads, all agreed and welcome home JCH.

JCH: absolutely honoured boss, a double Tilson.

Wael: Looking at my 20k watch, we just need to fax over the paperwork.

EVERYONE IN THE ROOM LOOKS AT EACHOTHER 

Gorringe: p p p p paperwork el president? 

Gorringe: oh shit!

Barton punches the wall and leaves the portacabin.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

Gaschat is hilarious this morning.

Would appear that the blame is firmly being placed at the door of....

Wally

Peterborough 

Agents

A failed medical

Secretary 

Player

Wages

Uber

British Telecom 

Green Party 

Sky Sports

Clocks in general

It's almost as if they have selected the guilty party based purely on whatever agenda an individual poster has.

Personally, I think it didn't go through because they had to deal with a football agent, rather than a parole officer.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

nicksplat rugrats GIF

?

I’m just not a happy clapper! I refuse to accept second best in life, treading water isn’t fun, it’s dull. As I said before, it gets more frustrating when every game is an away game, aside from London matches I travel six hour round trips home and away to watch us. Believe me if you don’t have to do that it makes it less painful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If that time line is right, it just confirms what @slartibartfast and I said, 90 minutes to get the paperwork done? What were they doing sitting around and celebrating the signing with fake Fanta and stale crisps, until someone realised that they had all left the paperwork to someone else?  :)

Yes ,it reminds  of Blackadder, when George was supposed to post a letter to his uncle to stop Edmund from being executed, and of course they got pissed and missed the post !

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’m just not a happy clapper! I refuse to accept second best in life, treading water isn’t fun, it’s dull. As I said before, it gets more frustrating when every game is an away game, aside from London matches I travel six hour round trips home and away to watch us. Believe me if you don’t have to do that it makes it less painful. 

Maybe take a break, it's fairly tedious hearing your belief that we should 'go for it' every several posts.

FFP putting us at serious risk of a points deduction less then 12 months ago. What do you suggest? Perhaps sign 11 random players, hope it gells and prem this time next year? Maybe we can do a Reading, much more than exciting - in fact Reading may be closer for you.

41 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I used to do that.

If there was a terrible performance then there was a lot of time on the train back to dwell upon it.

When we hit an especially bad patch I had to stop going as it was ruining my whole weekend.

If you're only going to home games and it's half an hour up the road to get there then it's more easily shrugged off as you have invested much less time and effort to attend.

11 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

Being as unbiased as possible. I don't understand the train of thought here, if we want to talk about this objectively. I don't think this shows literally anything for City's ambitions, anyone who looks at the state of the two clubs in terms of infrastructure & finances right now will know there's quite a considerable gap. But he is not an 'okay striker for League One.' He's probably the best striker in League One, or at least one of. Since signing for Rovers initially he's scored 81 League One goals in 123 games. You speak of him like he's Leon Clarke too, the Championship season where he scored 12 wasn't 6 or 7 years ago, it was the season before last, and for a relegation side. 

Also seen quite a few here talk about some sort of urge for immediate success, going for extremely old players or something. I don't agree. Averages are very skewed from the fact that we signed Wilson and Friend, 34 and 35. But if you look at our squad it's a fairly good mix of loans (Vale, Bogarde, Crama), older more-experienced players (Wilson, Friend, Marquis) and younger more talented players (Gordon, Taylor, Thomas). 

So yeah TLDR it's a really good signing for Rovers, and he could be a lower-Championship striker fairly easily I think (hell Lockyer is literally the captain of a Premier League club!); but it doesn't indicate some sort of lack of ambition of City (in my personal opinion, I think Pearson holds you guys back in any sort of long-term promotion-charging potential, could be wrong though)

EDIT: Well looks like it hasn't happened! Oh well, onwards and upwards I suppose :)

I didn’t read your reply , you bore me. 

as it happens I did say it would be a BIG  signing for YOU. Because you are a small league one club . No matter what you deluded bell ends think.
I was with a good mate of mine last weekend (he’s one of you lot) & explained why buying aging legs gone players on big money . Also young loans in numbers will never work  . You’re not building a team or squad . You’re literally signing a new team every season . It’s unsustainable  

He actually said . Well it’s good for the kids to come to & get their careers going . I said , as Pearson has said. Why make other clubs young players better when you’ve got you’re own . You as a club are getting nothing out of it. Let’s be honest . You’re hoping for another wonder kid to get you promoted like you did last time . We had it with Tammy & he kept us up but those players are very hard to come by . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Maybe take a break, it's fairly tedious hearing your belief that we should 'go for it' every several posts.

FFP putting us at serious risk of a points deduction less then 12 months ago. What do you suggest? Perhaps sign 11 random players, hope it gells and prem this time next year? Maybe we can do a Reading, much more than exciting - in fact Reading may be closer for you.

Just put him on ignore like I did . 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Love how they still think he'll rip up his contract at Peterborough ?

Yeah, why wouldn’t he? It’s the Gas after all.

Why wouldn’t anyone in their right mind not want to jump at the chance of joining Da Quarterz?

Gas innit? Gas, Up da Gas….6th richest club, coming for da Shit, In Joey We Trust, New temporary stand with concourse more massive than the Atyeo, moving to the 27,001 capacity stadium at the Fruit Market, Unlucky da Shit!

Bet he’s tearing his contract to shreds in front of DMacs face right this minute!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

Well I don't think Loft is playing either way really, not like we let Collins or a regular starter go. And I don't think it was Rovers' competitive ability that made him attracted to us but the fact he apparently wanted to move back this way and was of course at the club for a period. By January though a lot of teams will be looking for strikers, that's the main concern for any continued move I think.

Genuine question and happy to be corrected - is JCH the player who received loads of abuse off you fans, resulting in him flicking you lot the bird when subbed once and then saying it was great to play in front of “proper fans” after he’d moved?

If so, why are you lot so desperate for him to come back and why would he want to come back?

Of course, if that wasn’t him ignore me it must have been someone else the “faithful and true” had a problem with

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

No matter how bad or frustrated we can be, imagine how they must feel! Can always rely on the Gas to cheer us up! ?

This ....... a bleeding' depressing final day of the transfer window, only lifted in part by the cynically delayed news of Zak signing a new contract.  Then the gift come to the rescue and we all end up pissing ourselves.  In all my 65 years of life, I never dreamed the sags could possibly maintain this level of tinpotness and total incompetence for so long.

Only sobering thought is they're showing a level of ambition that is sadly lacking in SL, so it's lucky they are such a total shambles. 

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes ,it reminds  of Blackadder, when George was supposed to post a letter to his uncle to stop Edmund from being executed, and of course they got pissed and missed the post !

The analogy here is that JCH has dodged a bullet by Rovers messing up the paperwork.

It changes the meaning of 'a done deal' too.

Nice work Baldrick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Genuine question and happy to be corrected - is JCH the player who received loads of abuse off you fans, resulting in him flicking you lot the bird when subbed once and then saying it was great to play in front of “proper fans” after he’d moved?

If so, why are you lot so desperate for him to come back and why would he want to come back?

Of course, if that wasn’t him ignore me it must have been someone else the “faithful and true” had a problem with

I think that was Stefan Payne, when he was signed by the mighty Tranmere Rovers!

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Nah, that was this happy looking chap.

F5B4E376-7EE9-4A9B-81FD-FED4C9C4B8BB.jpeg

• Haha 1