IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, maxjak said:

So a twenty year old kid used his extensive knowledge  of Film to link Woods to TOY Story's Woody during a car journey?  Stunning insight ?.............Maybe he should check out Marty Mcfly in "Back to the Future" to get back and find the lost 30 seconds it took to screw up the JCH transfer?

Toy Story memes?

Clearly Mr Potato Head was working the fax machine the other night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, paignton red said:

53 mins ago. ?

Wait a minute, what about international (or regional) time zones?

The clock on the church on Corn Street with the steeplejacks has an extra hand as Bristol is 3 or 4 minutes behind GMT.

Therefore, we were actually within time!

I'm sure that is a scientific fact, so unless the FA rules stipulated GMT, we have them over a barrel.

Everyone knows deals in Bristol have to be done on the Corn St nails so it should use the time at that location!
?

******* hell! I am not just replying with a laughing ? at that!  Is this plank for real? All joking aside, where do they find these sub human specimens?

• Like 1

Just been reading the post article on our new arena. Apparently we now have full planning permission after 11 months of detailed discussion with the council planners covering such topics as the exact nature and colour of materials to be used for the build, exact design of a pedestrian walkway, colour and standard of paving stones. And the gas think they can get by with a cartoon drawing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Another classic.

Post by bobbyjones on 15 hours ago
Leave him at the Posh, we are to good for him fan wise anyway. He is getting on now so someone, anyone, younger will do.

That sort of comment sounds like my school days (a very long time ago) when a girl, having been dropped by her boyfriend, would say 'never fancied you anyway'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Another classic.

Leave him at the Posh, we are to good for him fan wise anyway. He is getting on now so someone, anyone, younger will do.

Oh my days.........if this show of love and support were to get to JCH's inbox somehow, it'll give him even more incentive to come 'home' in January! ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Super said:

Another classic.

What does "fan wise" even mean?

Their gates are low, most of them are more interested in the Bristol City score than the game they're actually watching, and a decent proportion of them are happy to defraud the club by not paying to go in or falsely claiming a reduced rate.

I wouldn't say that they're too good for anybody "fan wise".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Their gates are low, most of them are more interested in the Bristol City score than the game they're actually watching, and a decent proportion of them are happy to defraud the club by not paying to go in or falsely claiming a reduced rate.

Just about to ask the same question. What a weird thing to say. I reckon it’s a (‘ted?) plant though……can’t be a real fan without either ‘gas’ or ‘blue’ as part of their forum name! 

39 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Strange that.... seeing as how much Ashton Gate has changed since their last visit & that somehow, in those 10 years, they've actually managed to make the Memorial ground worse than ir was then..! ???

That sums up where they have got themselves to.

We know football is a money game. I don't expect them to perform miracles on the pitch. All clubs have their good and bad times.

But, you want your club to make some sort of progress with things that are actually within their control, to do the best they can with what they have.

There have been too many off the pitch mistakes.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Speaking of which, what was their "crowd" on Saturday, they're obviously too embarrassed to post it on the BBC 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wasn't that the game that their fans were singing & celebrating about getting their new stadium.?

10 years ago today you say..?!

“We’ve got our staydiyum we’ve got our staydiyum” ?

After the game they were practically claiming a victory because they only lost 2-1 ignoring the fact that we were dross at the time ourselves.

”see yew nex year SHITHEADS” they proudly posted on Facebook…. 
How did that go d1ckheads? 

1613D9D0-D064-4A49-BD82-CEF2B81614C8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

28 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Speaking of which, what was their "crowd" on Saturday, they're obviously too embarrassed to post it on the BBC 

Peterborough Utds last 2 home league fixtures have had crowds of 11,700 and 9100.

Rovers crowd on Saturday was 7600

Yeah well done Gas, that really shows how massive you are compared to Posh doesn’t it? ?‍♂️?

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“We’ve got our staydiyum we’ve got our staydiyum” ?

After the game they were practically claiming a victory because they only lost 2-1 ignoring the fact that we were dross at the time ourselves.

”see yew nex year SHITHEADS” they proudly posted on Facebook…. 
How did that go d1ckheads? 

1613D9D0-D064-4A49-BD82-CEF2B81614C8.jpeg

Have they still got that " Dribbled" stand or is that a tent now ? :laugh:.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

7,674 (314 away) though, in fairness, they were competing with um, the aftermath of the Balloon Fiesta and parents having to take their kids to Clark’s in the Mall to get new school shoes. 

They really do need a bigger ground. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On their Forum, they have a competition every home match to guess the crowd and the number of visiting supporters. Points are awarded for the nearest guesses in each category (I kid you not) and some saddo keeps a league table of the results. Here’s the table after Saturday (note the number of ‘gas’ or ‘blue’ in the usernames) …

IMG_5148.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

On their Forum, they have a competition every home match to guess the crowd and the number of visiting supporters. Points are awarded for the nearest guesses in each category (I kid you not) and some saddo keeps a league table of the results. Here’s the table after Saturday (note the number of ‘gas’ or ‘blue’ in the usernames) …

IMG_5148.png

That’s genuinely hilarious? 

diplomaticgas is a highlight