IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Had some sad Sag who I hadn't seen for a while in work today ask me how Bournemouth reserves are doing.

I started with circa 50 million banked thanks before moving on to the JCH fiasco, the "stand", details of my objection to the planning proposal, their geriatric defence, 5 loanees with no future planning, and a training facility that looks like somewhere you'd go to weigh in a car that's dismally failed the MOT. 

I'd only just got started when he got up and left, which was a shame as I still had plenty of material for him.

I think he went to console himself with his sister...

Edited by BS3City
Additional content
  • Haha 14
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

23 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Had some sad Sag who I hadn't seen for a while in work today ask me how Bournemouth reserves are doing.

I started with circa 50 million banked thanks before moving on to the JCH fiasco, the "stand", details of my objection to the planning proposal, their geriatric defence, 5 loanees with no future planning, and a training facility that looks like somewhere you'd go to weigh in a car that's dismally failed the MOT. 

I'd only just got started when he got up and left, which was a shame as I still had plenty of material for him.

I think he went to console himself with his sister...

A Gashead giving a Gashead head ?

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Can’t fault them in this cup

I agree. I would not watch City if they ever  played in this comp in the current format.

1,100 plus is disappointingly high in my opinion.

They showed a lot more solidarity in the EFL cup v Ipswich. Despite being drawn at a club in a higher division and I assume tickets being a lot cheaper with it being a cup match, all but 123 of them boycotted that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 04/09/2023 at 10:19, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“We’ve got our staydiyum we’ve got our staydiyum” ?

After the game they were practically claiming a victory because they only lost 2-1 ignoring the fact that we were dross at the time ourselves.

”see yew nex year SHITHEADS” they proudly posted on Facebook…. 
How did that go d1ckheads?

Oh, they've been saying the same thing for rather a long time. Far longer than ten years... ?

EASTVILLE Stadium Could become the West's Biggest Sports Centre...

..."There are 19½ acres of ground here [said Douglas Milne, Rovers' Director]. We could build a hall of sport, a running track and a multi-storey car park, and the stadium could cater for many sporting interests...not just soccer and greyhound racing. It could be a little White City..."

And that from 1965!

9CEB4018-B8C8-4B19-8223-BE7B63F2F5C3.jpeg

58 years and counting now...

• Haha 7

35 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Oh, they've been saying the same thing for rather a long time. Far longer than ten years... ?

..."There are 19½ acres of ground here [said Douglas Milne, Rovers' Director]. We could build a hall of sport, a running track and a multi-storey car park, and the stadium could cater for many sporting interests...not just soccer and greyhound racing. It could be a little White City..."

And that from 1965!

Even then, "hoping to raise money for a half share". That's a half share of a ground that they owned before they slyly sold it to the Greyhound Company while everyone else was at war. 

Nothing to do with the fact that the two companies shared the same directors of course.

Edited by Port Said Red

56 minutes ago, OneCity said:

And that from 1965!

Who do you think you are kidding, Mr Hitler-lookalike....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneCity said:

"There are 19½ acres of ground here [said Douglas Milne, Rovers' Director]. We could build a hall of sport, a running track and a multi-storey car park, and the stadium could cater for many sporting interests...not just soccer and greyhound racing. It could be a little White City..."

... or an IKEA

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OneCity said:

And that from 1965!

Funnily enough I'm old enough to remember this sort of pie in the sky nonsense (well, I was 13) We laughed at it then !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OneCity said:

And that from 1965!

Even then the owners and the supporters club were daggers drawn.

If it's a family club then the family to which they refer must be the Borgias.

MV5BNmI0MWM4NjEtM2M5OS00ZTFkLWI1ZDEtZTM2

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Even then the owners and the supporters club were daggers drawn.

If it's a family club then the family to which they refer must be the Borgias.

MV5BNmI0MWM4NjEtM2M5OS00ZTFkLWI1ZDEtZTM2

Yes, nearly 60 years ago and still basically asking everybody to pay for it, the Supporters Club, local businesses, no mention of what the board would put in, and of course no mention of the fact that they would be buying back half of what they gave away only 20 years earlier.

Flim Flam artists, charlatans and hustlers, that's all they have ever had, probably learned their trade selling shares in the Suspension Bridge to passers by.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

DOH...........who forgot about the lights ? Another cock-up !

I wonder if they need planning permission to move the floodlight, then there’s the cost of moving it and setting the lamps??????  Then, if they get planning permission for the stand surely the other floodlight will have to be moved as well?  Oh well, it would be nothing more than we have come to expect from them ?

• Like 1