IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So they've got their planning permission now then.?

Nope not yet.

Given they have got this far with the cconstruction - I am really hoping they are told to adjust the dimensions of the structure by a few metres (maybe lower and not so deep?)
We may mock about "meccano", but this does not look like meccano if the need to modify it arose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cityal said:

Nope not yet.

Given they have got this far with the cconstruction - I am really hoping they are told to adjust the dimensions of the structure by a few metres (maybe lower and not so deep?)
We may mock about "meccano", but this does not look like meccano if the need to modify it arose.

That would be amusing - but not as amusing as if their application just got thrown out & rejected, in light of their utter disregard for planning rules.....

The contempt shown towards the rules that everyone else has to adhere to, is surely reason enough to reject any application and should also come with a 10 year ban on submitting any future plans for approval.... 

Sounds only fair to me..!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

Only caught the last bit on the radio but unless I’m going mad ,I’m sure they were talking about joey saying genghis Kahn wasn’t all bad , totally blew my mind.

Genghis Khan, he could not keep all his kings supplied with sleep

I'm gonna build that stand, no matter how steep.

when I get up to it !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bert tann said:

Further up the pages there is some confusion about the role of the secretary which I hope I can clarify.

The company secretary deals with corporate governance and is responsible for filing relevant documents at Companies House.

The club secretary deals with football matters and is responsible for filing relevant documents with the football authorities.

The personal secretary deals with personal matters and is responsible for keeping senior management satisfied.

As an example of the latter I've inserted a 1957 vintage photograph of my own personal secretary Marjorie receiving the news that I was on my way back from Liverpool with a point in the bag.

Bert Tann Secretary.jpg

Come, come Mr T - that Marjorie must have been a tad naive - any self-respecting student of Bristol football would know that your lot played away at Liverpool twice in 1957 - and you lost both, 4-1 and 2-0, can’t believe you fibbed to her - how do you sleep at night?! ???

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Come, come Mr T - that Marjorie must have been a tad naive - any self-respecting student of Bristol football would know that your lot played away at Liverpool twice in 1957 - and you lost both, 4-1 and 2-0, can’t believe you fibbed to her - how do you sleep at night?! ???

Maybe it wasn't that kind of point he was referring to?  ?

If Bert would have said his delightful secretaries name was Irene....that may have changed my perceptions a little!

Edited by 42nite

50 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To go slightly off topic, I still find it absolutely incredible, that many Champions league games are played in front of less fans to allow bigger advertising boards, I mean, FFS take that in for a second, what on earth is going on there?

As sung in the film"Cabaret" Money... Money Money makes the world go around ...the world go around ...the world go around. Money makes the world go ...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm disappointed that so many have given up the fight. That competition needs sustained  attendances of less than 100, then there may be a -slim- chance, that we get listened to.

Unfortunately (in my opinion) football's fanbase is changing and the matchday experience is becoming a very different thing, although I do accept that this may well be one some people want. To go slightly off topic, I still find it absolutely incredible, that many Champions league games are played in front of less fans to allow bigger advertising boards, I mean, FFS take that in for a second, what on earth is going on there?

The one thing that hooked me as a youngster and I suspect did most people- certainly of my age, was the atmosphere at a game and  the advent of things like  B teams with a separate identity taking part in senior fixtures does,in my opinion, devalue the whole matchday experience. 

We are fighting a losing battle of course, but that still doesn't mean you should roll over and have your tummy tickled.

Must of been an away game for you then?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, CiderJar said:

As bus stops go it is awesome, as football stands go it is awful

image.thumb.png.b8f470061c1589be70e91de2a6d2c9d9.png

You can kinda understand why the neighbours are moaning. The height of that stand at the front is taller than the other stand you can see.  Definitely not a temporary structure as they are saying it is going to be!

Temp stands are what the cricket bring in for fixtures at Nevil Road! 

23 hours ago, CiderJar said:

As bus stops go it is awesome, as football stands go it is awful

image.thumb.png.b8f470061c1589be70e91de2a6d2c9d9.png

Compare this with the drawings that accompanied the planning application. (Page 12). That new stand looks bigger (taller) than the application suggests.

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/A7BCC79EA9F5FEBE79B3DDEDA7E5AA49/pdf/23_01441_F-SOUTH_STAND_LAYOUT_IMAGES-3434442.pdf

• Admin
1 hour ago, cidercity said:

I’m no construction expert but that looks a lot more than a temporary stand, does that mean the fruitybowl stadium is in trouble. 

It is very temporary in the sense that it can all be unbolted again

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Compare this with the drawings that accompanied the planning application. (Page 12). That new stand looks bigger (taller) than the application suggests.

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/A7BCC79EA9F5FEBE79B3DDEDA7E5AA49/pdf/23_01441_F-SOUTH_STAND_LAYOUT_IMAGES-3434442.pdf

image.png

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

image.png

Have they been told to take their drawings down? I think I would have suggested that they have submitted their child's drawing to us instead of the school competition website by mistake. :)

The hard truth podcast new episode out today with Darragh McAnthony giving his view on the transfer window and what went on the last day ?.

In a nutshell made a stupid offer on Wednesday and then on Thursday eventually agreed a fee on Friday in plenty of time. Peterborough filled in the transfer forms to help out(normally the buying club) kept reminding them about the extension etc and nothing forthcoming.

Expects to sell JCH in January for at least the same fee but their will be several clubs after him then.

Worth a listen, he was to professional to call then tinpot but reading between the lines think he was not a happy bunny.

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Might be worth another try: I’ve just clicked my original link and it all worked OK. May have been just a temporary glitch - either that or they’ve somehow got you marked down as one of those troublesome ‘teds.

I must be a troublesome Ted as well..

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Might be worth another try: I’ve just clicked my original link and it all worked OK. May have been just a temporary glitch - either that or they’ve somehow got you marked down as one of those troublesome ‘teds.

Still nothing, though I have a feeling the URL you have shared is the PDF document on your phone / laptop etc, rather than the actual URL to download / view it

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I must be a troublesome Ted as well..

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Still nothing, though I have a feeling the URL you have shared is the PDF document on your phone / laptop etc, rather than the actual URL to download / view it

I think you’re right phantom, apologies!
Try this…..9th document down. 

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00&documentOrdering.orderBy=documentType&documentOrdering.orderDirection=ascending

Edited by italian dave
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

image.png

You can unbolt just about any steel construction, but is there a market on eBay for secondhand stands? City gave away their old floodlights a few years ago, but nowadays even non-league clubs tend to design and build their own stands. The Rovers stand has the disadvantage of having numerous pillars supporting the roof, which just doesn’t happen with new builds anymore