IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The BP released some info about him. The summary is he is apparently a business man rather than an immensely rich investor.

The same article I have just found quoted Wael talking about the new stand.

"We're hostage to events that are out of control in terms of just getting approvals or contractors and timelines. You can plan all you want to get what you want done in a month or two but in reality when you come to execute, things get delayed.'

Plan all you want to? Or just not bother?

Below is a picture of our garden office which we installed when my wife started working from home. 

I looked around for the shed that could provide enough room in that area. Having identified the right one, I then checked with the suppliers the best type of base to use and how much area that should cover. 

I then dismantled an old decaying deck and laid that new one. Only then did I go back to the supplier to buy the shed and pay for someone to erect it. Once it was up I worked out the easiest way to put power in (a spur from the garage behind), coated it for protection/decoration and then insulated the walls, a task I haven't quite completed.

My point is, that took 3 months from beginning to end, and it's just a garden shed that required no planning permission. 

******* idiots, the lot of them 

IMG_20230909_115548.jpg

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So he's saying he wanted to get everything signed off and built in a month or two ?
Reality is Disneyland is in a different Country. From when planning went in it would have been amazing to get it done, that's without allowing for a 6 months delay in getting things passed. Then the build ? What the hell did he expect to happen ?
Billy Smart Circus wouldn't be this messed up.

There's one saving grace, Santa's grotto wasn't in the way! ?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Below is a picture of our garden office which we installed when my wife started working from home. 

I looked around for the shed that could provide enough room in that area. Having identified the right one, I then checked with the suppliers the best type of base to use and how much area that should cover. 

I then dismantled an old decaying deck and laid that new one. Only then did I go back to the supplier to buy the shed and pay for someone to erect it. Once it was up I worked out the easiest way to put power in (a spur from the garage behind), coated it for protection/decoration and then insulated the walls, a task I haven't quite completed.

My point is, that took 3 months from beginning to end, and it's just a garden shed that required no planning permission. 

******* idiots, the lot of them 

IMG_20230909_115548.jpg

That’s better than Rovers Santa’s Grotto. If you fancy “keeping your hand in” and doing a bit of free work for them, then you’re just the man they’re looking for 

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

From Heartofgas on their forum who won't hear a word against the club (apparently the process for their new temporary stand is a successful) :laughcont:;

"We don't know 2 of the 3 we f'd up.

On JCH we don't know the reason why it went wrong. It may have been nothing to do with us.

On the stand, how have we f'd up? Would it have been better the board planned to do this next summer? Yes, it hasn't been smooth sailing but the approach the board has taken means the stand will be built as quickly as it possibly could have been. In my book that is a success and I like that approach.

Why do some supporters always seem to jump on the most negative take on every situation and indulge in a rovers flagellation."

Dumb bastards, imagine the uproar if the Clarke Harris situation or Planning balls up had happened at City.

Got the shambles of a club they deserve.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Dumb bastards, imagine the uproar if the Clarke Harris situation or Planning balls up had happened at City.

Got the shambles of a club they deserve.

And that is a very true statement.

Most fans get the club they deserve, there are some outlying clubs where the club is too big to listen, but even Liverpool recognise The Spirit Of Shankley and have made changes because of them.

Loads of people on hear moan about SL, CEO, The shirts, SCAT etc, but there is a recognised route to raise and challenge things.

We have Jerry as an active SLO and whilst there will be countless occasions where things haven't necessarily gone well, you do get a feeling that the club are listening, even if they don't say they are listening.

The Fewers had some sort of Black and Gold protest a few years back, I think that group amounted to one bloke and a knitting machine. If they have an SLO then either they are brilliant as they never reference them, or they don't do a lot. During their non-league/relegation years, all sorts of talk about protest but they never got organised, anyone remember Cheltenham ground share?

The reason their club treat their fans so badly is because they let them.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And that is a very true statement.

Most fans get the club they deserve, there are some outlying clubs where the club is too big to listen, but even Liverpool recognise The Spirit Of Shankley and have made changes because of them.

Loads of people on hear moan about SL, CEO, The shirts, SCAT etc, but there is a recognised route to raise and challenge things.

We have Jerry as an active SLO and whilst there will be countless occasions where things haven't necessarily gone well, you do get a feeling that the club are listening, even if they don't say they are listening.

The Fewers had some sort of Black and Gold protest a few years back, I think that group amounted to one bloke and a knitting machine. If they have an SLO then either they are brilliant as they never reference them, or they don't do a lot. During their non-league/relegation years, all sorts of talk about protest but they never got organised, anyone remember Cheltenham ground share?

The reason their club treat their fans so badly is because they let them.

Not true! Tom Gorringe is addressing the supporters with the truth this very minute……

IMG_3521.thumb.jpeg.0966f0b56e515b1890e1ff12e6950694.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Not true! Tom Gorringe is addressing the supporters with the truth this very minute……

When I read these posts where it seems they will believe anything placed before them I think about this more and more.

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

George Orwell, 1984

19 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

And this is one of the areas where they fail so fantastically.

If anyone questions the club, the message or the direction, they are immediately called a Gert Ted which is followed by the Eff Off back to Trashton line.

They have completely missed the point of supporting the club. It isn't just about getting behind the team on a match day, it's challenging the club to ensure that everyone can progress. The moment Wally thinks he is losing the room, he pays for a coach to take a few fans to an away game and they are back onside.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If anyone questions the club, the message or the direction, they are immediately called a Gert Ted which is followed by the Eff Off back to Trashton line.

They have completely missed the point of supporting the club. It isn't just about getting behind the team on a match day, it's challenging the club to ensure that everyone can progress. The moment Wally thinks he is losing the room, he pays for a coach to take a few fans to an away game and they are back onside.

It will never change as long as they have these obsessive dreams of being one place above us and a stadium with one more seat than AG along with their fixation that everyone loves them.

There`s more reasoned debate in a state-run coffee shop in Pyongyang than over there.

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

.........There`s more reasoned debate in a state-run coffee shop in Pyongyang than over there.

Just popped over there and it seems they are back to the 6th richest club attitude:-

...... I get a feeling many gasheads can't get their heads around the fact we are no more rag bag Rovers , but are a club that to some extent have money to burn , for the first time since I have been following the club anyway. I think some of us need to come to terms with our new found wealth.

?

• Haha 17
  • Facepalm 14

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yep. With no update / progression of the ‘fruition’ of the Fruitihad they just announce plans for a Meccano South Stand and start flogging tickets and the Sags just lap it all up, forgetting all about the Fruitihad and if it will EVER happen. They’re not even questioning what the actual F is going on?!

Then they get in some ageing pros and a controversial woman beater because he’s going cheap and then when the South Stand runs into planning problems they announce that they are after JCH (without any intention of actually seeing it through) to divert Sags from planning a Tote End Aggro assault on any Green Party Member who by default is now a Gurt Ted intent on preventing their progression at all costs.

They just can’t see it and they just refuse to believe it and yet the shit fest is happening almost daily. They are now creating 150 page threads where they almost believe it and then someone pipes up with how unfaithful they are and round and round in circles they go.

The dumb ####wits!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Just popped over there and it seems they are back to the 6th richest club attitude:-

...... I get a feeling many gasheads can't get their heads around the fact we are no more rag bag Rovers , but are a club that to some extent have money to burn , for the first time since I have been following the club anyway. I think some of us need to come to terms with our new found wealth.

?

Apologies for the ?‍♂️ but it’s the first opportunity I’ve had to use it since it was added as a reaction emoji!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

?

Money to burn but missing a lighter I guess? 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Of course, you could pretend that burying your head in the sand is equivalent to taking the moral high ground, like "Toppergas"

Screenshot_2023-09-09-17-50-07-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.88920a526bdffe0758c60684688c76c3.jpgIMG_20230909_175922.thumb.jpg.959bd3d3fd907c8f735aba07f0d49afb.jpg

That's "baggins" coming out with that bizarre stance rather than Topper Gas to whom he is replying.

Baggins is their forum's sexual deviant, I don't think that we have one of those. Maybe they have different forum software.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's "baggins" coming out with that bizarre stance rather than Topper Gas to whom he is replying.

Baggins is their forum's sexual deviant, I don't think that we have one of those. Maybe they have different forum software.

It smacks of being terrified that someone will actually find out the `wealth` of their new overlord and discovers it is lacking one vital component - actual cash. 

A bit like we did (in about five minutes) with Wally.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It smacks of being terrified that someone will actually find out the `wealth` of their new overlord and discovers it is lacking one vital component - actual cash. 

A bit like we did (in about five minutes) with Wally.

Or you find that you owned by an international gun runner, or someone involved in human trafficking......  best not to pry ...... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Of course, you could pretend that burying your head in the sand is equivalent to taking the moral high ground, like "Toppergas"

Screenshot_2023-09-09-17-50-07-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.88920a526bdffe0758c60684688c76c3.jpgIMG_20230909_175922.thumb.jpg.959bd3d3fd907c8f735aba07f0d49afb.jpg

I now feel vile and ashamed for finding out about Steve's wealth in ...hang on where was it? Oh yes the national media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Was it a coincidence that you called out their deviant shortly after @Rudolf Hucker had posted? ?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I suspect you are thinking of Bolders.

Baggins can be quite sensible at times

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Yeah, Pirate Gas has done some further research and has come up with this…..

As you previously pointed out the Al Elmam Real Estate Company website ( www.elmamrealestate.com/ ) was last updated a decade ago and had little evidence of any activity anyway and the Foodco. Website also doesn't reveal much as it seems the small Al Firya Kuwaiti Restaurant has permanently closed (link on website doesn't work anyway) and the other two links to the restaurant franchise chains of Buffalo's Cafe and Quiznos that Mr Al-Saeed owns the franchisee rights to are also broken and unaccessable. I'm still wondering and fascinated to know how they made their fortune and what other business interests they are involved in that enabled them to buy into a League One football club? 

“Stick a pony in me pocket……”

??

I’m beginning to think that the ‘G’ in their much loved acronym is for ‘Gift’ not ‘Gas’. Up the Gift! ? 

Apparently he is involved in contracts with the US govt / contractors for 'security apparatus' for middle eastern countries. Very small time.

This from a mate who works for Australian govt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suspect you are thinking of Bolders.

Baggins can be quite sensible at times

Bolders & Baggins. Wasn’t that a kids TV programme during the 80’s?

Baggins was a Badger who has now been displaced from his home because Rovers started building a Meccano stand without the appropriate planning permission.

No wonder he isn’t happy

• Haha 3