IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A temporary mini version of the Atyeo by the looks of those images.

An improvement for them no doubt, hence their excitement but it's not remotely earth shattering in comparison to our place is it?

I would assume this means they are staying where they are? Need a fair few £M to develop that site.

Its a supposedly temporary stand which will inevitably become permanent, nowhere near the quality of the Atyeo stand which is the "worst" stand in Ashton gate..

As far as I can see (prepared to be corrected), there's nothing in the application for anything under the stand - no catering, toilets etc. It'll be interesting if they want to add that in at some point.

If you look at the original application by Gorringe, there are several "mistakes" made, including stating there are no trees on or adjacent to the build site (they've already removed some) and there are two with preservation orders on them. He also stated that work hadn't begun (dated April), but that has since changed, which the Council are well aware of and been in contact with him and keeping an eye on it. He also stated that the site isn't visible from public land which is a moot point.

Summary is that they have pissed off a lot of people by trying to ignore or bypass the planning process and treated the neighbours with contempt. They'll get their permission, but I don't think it will be straighforward as they are now finding out.

(the height of that stand may well turn out to be problematical as well).

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

More detailed application below, albeit in Powerpoint;

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

(Scroll down to the bottom)

In colour then. ?

Compared to the 52 pages submitted for the arena 

https://democracy.bristol.gov.uk/documents/s75890/1. 21.03165.F - Land To The West Of Ashton Gate Stadium - Committee Report.pdf

Edited by Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Every time I see this I wonder how it wasn't just rejected from the Planning Website for lacking any detail. I had to make a pre planning application once, for £30 you could send them your proposal and they would tell you what your chances of success would be in the full application. 

I had to not only do a rough sketch of what I was proposing, but send photographs of the surrounding properties to show how they might be affected and how my proposal fitted with the area.

That picture shows nothing really, it could even be facing away from the pitch for all the information it shows, and yet according to the article a few days ago, they are allowed to continue to build as long as it matches the plans. How can anyone determine if that is the case?

It also shows it as being about the same height as the retained stand to the right. Which, if you look at those photos a few pages back of the framework that’s been put up, it clearly isn’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

More detailed application below, albeit in Powerpoint;

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

(Scroll down to the bottom)

Are these actual Plans ?
They seem to be asking questions whether they should move the pitch or not, or if it's 6m or not.

Screenshot2023-09-15at14_58_14.png.32aeeee012f3fd650b576bb495a4b6ce.png

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Are these actual Plans ?
They seem to be asking questions whether they should move the pitch or not, or if it's 6m or not.

Screenshot2023-09-15at14_58_14.png.32aeeee012f3fd650b576bb495a4b6ce.png

I kknow they moved the pitch a few meters which seems to have affected the lights not being able to cover parts of it. I have no idea what that pic is meant to illustrate.

There's lot in those plans which isn't as it should be tbh, but I think the planning officers would be on it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Talk on Gaschat of their new stand being an imposing structure and looking very impressive! ??‍♂️ surely no other fan base in the land would be getting so excited by a temporary stand going up?! 

They're excited by any erection,  they're not getting any other ones now their sisters have gone back to school.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I kknow they moved the pitch a few meters which seems to have affected the lights not being able to cover parts of it. I have no idea what that pic is meant to illustrate.

There's lot in those plans which isn't as it should be tbh, but I think the planning officers would be on it.

Playing in the dark need not be a problem if the players wear glow in the dark shirts. Rovers may be trying to cut down on their electricity bills by abandoning floodlights altogether 

IMG_4739.jpeg

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s a bit harsh, it’s even used joined up Writing. 

and allegedly….. it’s a TARDIS and can hold up to 40,000 which will save then having to stand outside ?

This guy on the Pikey forum knows his stuff, or at least he thinks he does....

"I said quite some time ago when I suggested we should just go ahead and build that we don’t need planning permission to occupy the stand. We need a safety approval or set of approvals. Given the stand is temporary and built from a kit of parts it almost certainly has the right equipment, materials and dimensions to meet these.
The date of October 18th or whenever for Planning may be sensible to adhere to given how sensitive everything has become.
We applied for Planning before starting so we did nothing illegal, just took a risk by getting on with the ground work. I’d rather we had continued building but maybe the club was actually being considerate in not pressing on? As I said at the beginning of the work I couldn’t see any reason for BCC to issue an enforcement notice and once the proper time for planning to be considered had expired they would have been mad to try. It appears no notice was ever issued despite claims that people knew it had.
The contractor threatening to pull out, or raise his price is the reason I suspect we got back on it, along with reassurance from various quarters that we will almost certainly get the Planning Permission given how simple a case it is in planning terms."

"Why oh why can’t people have a bit of patience and stop speculating or, worse still, make claims that just don’t stand up? This has been a completely typical construction project in my 50 years of experience. I’m rarely impressed by clients when it comes to construction. Very few are brave enough to employ consultants and let them take the decisions. Very few consultants are brave enough to press ahead without a client fully on board either because then they’d get sued if things went wrong. Given very few clients have ever built a stand before in their lives and not many consultants either, the contractors may need to take the lead as they probably have the most experience."

What a complete wanchor :clapping:

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

"I said quite some time ago when I suggested we should just go ahead and build that we don’t need planning permission to occupy the stand. We need a safety approval or set of approvals. Given the stand is temporary and built from a kit of parts it almost certainly has the right equipment, materials and dimensions to meet these.
The date of October 18th or whenever for Planning may be sensible to adhere to given how sensitive everything has become.
We applied for Planning before starting so we did nothing illegal, just took a risk by getting on with the ground work. I’d rather we had continued building but maybe the club was actually being considerate in not pressing on? As I said at the beginning of the work I couldn’t see any reason for BCC to issue an enforcement notice and once the proper time for planning to be considered had expired they would have been mad to try. It appears no notice was ever issued despite claims that people knew it had.
The contractor threatening to pull out, or raise his price is the reason I suspect we got back on it, along with reassurance from various quarters that we will almost certainly get the Planning Permission given how simple a case it is in planning terms."

"Why oh why can’t people have a bit of patience and stop speculating or, worse still, make claims that just don’t stand up? This has been a completely typical construction project in my 50 years of experience. I’m rarely impressed by clients when it comes to construction. Very few are brave enough to employ consultants and let them take the decisions. Very few consultants are brave enough to press ahead without a client fully on board either because then they’d get sued if things went wrong. Given very few clients have ever built a stand before in their lives and not many consultants either, the contractors may need to take the lead as they probably have the most experience."

I have absolutely no idea what they are trying to say there.

On 14/09/2023 at 21:18, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Talk on Gaschat of their new stand being an imposing structure and looking very impressive! ??‍♂️ surely no other fan base in the land would be getting so excited by a temporary stand going up?! 

Ok, so we have a major flaw here in their comments on this subject.

They say permission should be a given as what is being built is not much different so should not upset the locals, then when it suits them say it is a massive stand and a huge step forward. Which is it?

Also, maybe someone can explain please, when they say the stand is temporary, what does that mean?

At The Rec in Bath, the east stand there is/was classed as temporary and it is/was removed every summer at huge cost, I believe, to open up the ground space.

I can't believe they will do that at the Mem, so are they just classifying it as temporary to make permission easier when in truth it will just stay there all the time?

Thing is, the way this has been handled will undoubtedly upset the locals and the council such that any further improvements* will start off on the back foot and receive no favour from anyone.

(*hard to improve on perfection, obviously).

11 hours ago, BS13 Robin said:

They do say bullshit baffles brains..........or in this case bullshit baffles gas heads!

anything baffles gasheads,dont waste your energy thinking of bullshit. i had a look at the plans last night, what a weird structure, like a load of polygon outlines morphed into a picture, half a stand on one end,why is the top bit missing ?? and the overhanging structure on the back dont look exactly securely supported?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Ok, so we have a major flaw here in their comments on this subject.

They say permission should be a given as what is being built is not much different so should not upset the locals, then when it suits them say it is a massive stand and a huge step forward. Which is it?

Also, maybe someone can explain please, when they say the stand is temporary, what does that mean?

At The Rec in Bath, the east stand there is/was classed as temporary and it is/was removed every summer at huge cost, I believe, to open up the ground space.

I can't believe they will do that at the Mem, so are they just classifying it as temporary to make permission easier when in truth it will just stay there all the time?

Thing is, the way this has been handled will undoubtedly upset the locals and the council such that any further improvements* will start off on the back foot and receive no favour from anyone.

(*hard to improve on perfection, obviously).

I thought I read- possibly on here- that , in the case of something like a football stand, temporary just means it can be moved if required. So if we wanted to take it to any new stadium that we may be moving to/talking about building/releasing a picture showing what it 'could' look like for the Evening Post to put on the front page, then we could take it with us.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

No matter what this bellend says , he’s never worked in construction , ever . Blokes a idiot ?

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I thought I read- possibly on here- that , in the case of something like a football stand, temporary just means it can be moved if required. So if we wanted to take it to any new stadium that we may be moving to/talking about building/releasing a picture showing what it 'could' look like for the Evening Post to put on the front page, then we could take it with us.

Thanks. Having said that though, anything can be moved, particularly steel works, so what would make a stand permanent? Why differentiate at the planning stage? It just sounds like something to placate the locals, as if to say, 'don't worry, it won't always be here'.

There will be a concourse apparently, presumably proper toilets, so this isn't going to be going anywhere else anytime soon. It isn't like your neighbours pop up gazebo which comes down once we get past the garden BBQ time of year.

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

Thanks. Having said that though, anything can be moved, particularly steel works, so what would make a stand permanent? Why differentiate at the planning stage? It just sounds like something to placate the locals, as if to say, 'don't worry, it won't always be here'.

There will be a concourse apparently, presumably proper toilets, so this isn't going to be going anywhere else anytime soon. It isn't like your neighbours pop up gazebo which comes down once we get past the garden BBQ time of year.

I like your confidence.

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Nothing in the application indicating a concourse with catering and toilets that I can see and there doesn't appear to be the space for that either ?