IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nothing in the application indicating a concourse with catering and toilets that I can see and there doesn't appear to be the space for that either ?

I can't be arsed to read through it all TBH but that was the talk previously. It should be on there if it is relevant to noise created at the back of the stand towards the neighbours. Or the smell of filet steak and lobster that will surely be on the menu.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I can't be arsed to read through it all TBH but that was the talk previously. It should be on there if it is relevant to noise created at the back of the stand towards the neighbours. Or the smell of filet steak and lobster that will surely be on the menu.....

More like stale piss and hot dogs

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This one's keen;

"Football is back and I for one think we are gonna start our season properly today.
Shrews 1 Gas 5.
Goals from Brown (2) Collins, Evans and Hunt

Positivity all round and south stand pics looking like the San Siro. Here we go FTG"

Well, San Siro is rather crumbling so fair enough.

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This one's keen;

"Football is back and I for one think we are gonna start our season properly today.
Shrews 1 Gas 5.
Goals from Brown (2) Collins, Evans and Hunt

Positivity all round and south stand pics looking like the San Siro. Here we go FTG"

Surprised he wasn't able to say when the goals were going to be scored.

Didn't realise the San Siro had pillars.

Just spoke to someone in at rovers, asked about the clarke-harris transfer.,. His view is that rovers, probably deliberately, had agreed a weekly salary figure over the phone and when he came to sign they had provided a contract with a lower amount to try and save a few quid.

everything then got renegotiated and time ran out on the deal, as we know. Apparently the mythical fax machine which i joked about isn’t actually a thing, not any more anyway, but it wasnt until past 11 that the deal was finally agreed and by then it wasnt possible to request the extension.

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Just spoke to someone in at rovers, asked about the clarke-harris transfer.,. His view is that rovers, probably deliberately, had agreed a weekly salary figure over the phone and when he came to sign they had provided a contract with a lower amount to try and save a few quid.

everything then got renegotiated and time ran out on the deal, as we know. Apparently the mythical fax machine which i joked about isn’t actually a thing, not any more anyway, but it wasnt until past 11 that the deal was finally agreed and by then it wasnt possible to request the extension.

Accidentally on purpose phucked up then, because they couldn’t afford it.

(To the tune of 19 by Paul Hardcastle)

In 1965 Bristol Rovers wanted a brand new Super Stadium

It was different in many ways, the cheeky bastards wanted funding

Since World War 2 the amount of potential new ground sites is more than 26

They’re Bristol Rovers 2015

Br….Br….Br….Br….Br…..Br…..Br….

Bristol Rovers 2015

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Wael & the new owners are so rich they’re having to put a lottery fundraiser out in order to fund improvements in technology and overall money going into the academy. Wowza. 

That needs 500 of them to sign up for it to work. They've not yet reached that figure despite it being launched at the beginning of August & had someone from their club begging for them to sign up the other day.

Loyal & True my arse.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/A-message-from-byron-anthony/

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So R Joe refuses to do a press conference if anyone from Bristol Live is in attendance, meaning all media miss out…. what a shallow little man

Yes, it's a personal decision from Barton, not a club one. Feel sorry for the kid having to put up with someone like Barton.

Apparently it was to do with some comments James Piercy made pre-season in an article about Rovers.

Ultimately it just shows what a fragile little princess Joey is*. 

Can't take the mildest of criticisms from journalists, punches opposition managers in the back of the head when they're not looking, attacks people with cigars to the eyes, and attacks women when he's pissed up. 

A complete coward.

*that comment is unfair on princesses tbf

• Flames 3

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So R Joe refuses to do a press conference if anyone from Bristol Live is in attendance, meaning all media miss out…. what a shallow little man

The post should turn up to every single one on that basis, then let their fans moan they don't get anything without paying their own manager for information about their club.

He's like a little petulant child.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, it's a personal decision from Barton, not a club one. Feel sorry for the kid having to put up with someone like Barton.

Apparently it was to do with some comments James Piercy made pre-season in an article about Rovers.

Ultimately it just shows what a fragile little princess Joey is*. 

Can't take the mildest of criticisms from journalists, punches opposition managers in the back of the head when they're not looking, attacks people with cigars to the eyes, and attacks women when he's pissed up. 

A complete coward.

*that comment is unfair on princesses tbf

But apart from all that........... ?

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

That needs 500 of them to sign up for it to work. They've not yet reached that figure despite it being launched at the beginning of August & had someone from their club begging for them to sign up the other day.

Loyal & True my arse.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/A-message-from-byron-anthony/

I'm at a loss as to what they are actually calling "An Academy"?

They have a development team up until the age of 18 and then seem with the odd exception to drop them. There is no under 21 team at the club at all.

Their development team normally uses the excellent facilities at SGS to train, alongside the SGS Academy teams run by David Hockaday that are full of players that have been released from Rovers alongside and other league clubs, plus Academies like BIC.

Until Rover's actually spend some money and energy to developing their young players, they are always going to be in this cycle of 15 in, 15 out every season with no 3-5 plan around player development.

Just like their crazy history of Stadium development, they appear knee jerk and non-consistent in any sort of approach that will bring sustainable long term player growth to the club.

• Like 2