IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Why is the roof so steep? Assuming it’s down to the poor quality of the stand / the physics behind it. I haven’t seen a stadium built without a flat roof in decades.

i was thinking this the other day and i think it could be to shoot all rainwater towards the houses behind so as not to swamp their pit any more

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rovers said:

Um 

Never felt more like singing the blues when Rovers win and city lose. Hahahaha it's all relative 

Good luck ?

Well done mate. Beating at home a team that was last in the top flight 10 years ago, went into administration (and were nearly relegated to L2) three years ago, and who still have a transfer embargo.

I'm not crying about narrowly losing away to a team who were in the PL last season, who are top of the Championship and still have loads of full-internationals playing for them.

It's all relative, as it always will be to you bunch of sister-shaggers. 

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well done mate. Beating at home a team that was last in the top flight 10 years ago, went into administration (and were nearly relegated to L2) three years ago, and who still have a transfer embargo.

I'm not crying about narrowly losing away to a team who were in the PL last season, who are top of the Championship and still have loads of full-internationals playing for them.

It's all relative, as it always will be to you bunch of sister-shaggers. 

Was talking a few Argyle fans walking out in midweek, they were saying they had realised already that the step up is huge.

Both agreed if you haven’t played at this level for 30 years now you simply don’t have a clue as to the brutal, relentless nature of it.

If they want to get excited about their occasional League One wins that just sums them up.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Had to chuckle yesterday afternoon, I was checking all the scores on the BBC web page and they had all of L1 below a huge number of Scottish Cup 1st round fixtures, teams and places I had never even heard of. About right.

I think you're overestimating the interest in Bristol Rovers and underestimating the following for Camelon Juniors v Civil Service Strollers.

Oh, and they were dancing in the streets of Civil Service last night!

• Haha 2