IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Things like this almost make me sorry for them. Genuinely. Imagine this -this - is the high point of your existence. Playing in a laughing stock stadium with a hated management team and players you keep as nobody else wants and this is as good as it gets???

**** me ragged.

ย 

Where to start with that (Unlucky da) shit show....ย 

2 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

I suspect that now Bath rugby are having a refit that the pikeys will be sniffing around there.

If The Gas are waiting for that, they'll be waiting for ever. Planning permission for The Rec is an endless wash, spin, rinse and repeat cycle.ย 

Gas would be as welcome in Central Bath as the proverbial Pork Chop. If Bath Rugby get refused a rebuild for the millionth time, it's seriously suggested they'll have to look out of town. West Wiltshire would be a popular alternativeย 

I can't help but wonder about a rebuild at Trumpton though.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Guessing this is either procedural or to ensure that it now goes through as quickly as possible.

The total naivety of those on here saying that it will be refused & will have to be taken down, they have had someone on the inside with a vested interest who has been pushing this ahead of the usual queues all along. Same thing applies with the Fruit Market project, even though that appears to be dead.

If they were a halfway competent outfit this stand would be in use by now.

I think the unwritten advice from Mayor Rees's team can probably paraphrased something like this.

"Look lads, we're desperate to wave this through for you, but we can't approve it right now because, well, the "application" you've submitted is the most laughably amateurish piece of work we've ever seen. Seriously, what were you thinking?! Embarrassing! We'd be a laughing stock if we let that pass FFS! ๐Ÿ˜‚

"Listen, your best bet is to withdraw the application as soon as possible, before everyone realises the stand you've already built is way bigger than the primitive image you bizarrely tried to get away with on the original form. Sorry, but you're going to have to pay someone to do a proper application, but then we'll be able to get rid of all those inconvenient objections for you. Don't worry about the local residents or the Greens, we'll 'take care' of them, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

You ain't seen me, right?ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I think the unwritten advice from Mayor Rees's team can probably paraphrased something like this.

"Look lads, we're desperate to wave this through for you, but we can't approve it right now because, well, the "application" you've submitted is the most laughably amateurish piece of work we've ever seen. Seriously, what were you thinking?! Embarrassing! We'd be a laughing stock if we let that pass FFS! ๐Ÿ˜‚

"Listen, your best bet is to withdraw the application as soon as possible, before everyone realises the stand you've already built is way bigger than the primitive image you bizarrely tried to get away with on the original form. Sorry, but you're going to have to pay someone to do a proper application, but then we'll be able to get rid of all those inconvenient objections for you. Don't worry about the local residents or the Greens, we'll 'take care' of them, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

ย 

tumblr_7d99bdca68d6bf64fdf167e2bcabb271_f66897f7_250.gif

• Haha 5

Jeszโ€ฆ we know they are useless and, having glanced at the original submission, that this saga would drag on way past the closed season, โ€ฆbut I never thought they would make such a hash of things, for so long.ย 

My guess is the planners, being bombarded with amendments since the original submission, have now decided that the current proposals depart materially from the original proposal. Therefore, theyโ€™ve required an entirely new application.ย 

So, start the clock again. If the claim was originally that the stand was the same size as the one theyโ€™ve torn down and what theyโ€™ve built is a significantly larger structure this may not be as straightforward as they hope.ย 

Another delivery of popcorn required. The gift.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Many a true word....

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Things like this almost make me sorry for them. Genuinely. Imagine this -this - is the high point of your existence. Playing in a laughing stock stadium with a hated management team and players you keep as nobody else wants and this is as good as it gets???

**** me ragged.

ย 

Yes, but look at the height of the bar !

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

So... Posh v Sags

This could be interesting.....

ย 

ย 

JCH has played & scored in their last 3 matches.

Will he continue today, or bottle it.?

Tough call for the P'boro boss - you have to play your inform strikers & let's face it, every striker at every club across the land must really want to be playing Rovers.!

Given that Rovers utter incompetence has almost certainly cost Peterborough hundreds of thousands of ยฃs in a transfer fee Iโ€™d be absolutely fuming if I was McAnthony.

Personally I would insist that a fit JCH starts every game in an attempt to at least get goals out of him until January and hopefully drum up Interest from proper football clubs who donโ€™t **** up everything they touch. Leaving him out for this one would make POSH look incredibly weak.ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Personally I would insist that a fit JCH starts every game in an attempt to at least get goals out of him until January and hopefully drum up Interest from proper football clubs who donโ€™t **** up everything they touch. Leaving him out for this one would make POSH look incredibly weak.ย 

The Posh Manager announced that since he transfer deal fell through, JCH has proved to be a model professional and applied himself 100% to the job in hand. Well done JCH and watch out Rovers!ย ๐Ÿคž