IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, 22A said:

There used to be trouble every time City visited the Manor Ground in the early 70s. Was it just us, or every team?

Remember going there on a night game ( league cup I think ) I know it was early in the season as it was still very light at kick off time , 16 of us in a mini bus from our area decided after a few beers ( Taunton cider flagon in old money ) to go in there end thinking oh itโ€™s only little old Oxford WRONG , had us sussed right out waited for us to file in then tbf absolutely murdered us , seemed to have a lot of black lads ( never thought that of Oxford ) . Yes can be quite nasty Oxford - this was about 20-30 years ago mind , I can still the punches now ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ™ˆ

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Beat 10 man port vale and now R Joe is saying heโ€™s there to give them the best team theyโ€™ve seen this century, and Chris Martinโ€™s quality is worth the admission fee aloneโ€ฆ.

ย 

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ **** ME please never leave, the absolute gift

Martin is a clever footballer, the question those morons canโ€™t bring themselves to ask is why we let him go & QPR didnโ€™t offer him a longer contract.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Martin is a clever footballer, the question those morons canโ€™t bring themselves to ask is why we let him go & QPR didnโ€™t offer him a longer contract.

Probably because playing in the championship is now beyond him, the likes of Port Vale and Cheltenham is far more up his street

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Probably because playing in the championship is now beyond him, the likes of Port Vale and Cheltenham is far more up his street

Which in turn simply proves the massive step up, yet some of them think they would actually compete in the Championship and really are not far behind us. Hunt and Martin being huge upgrades to their team shows exactly where they are and proves the point very easily, those 2 players alone would struggle to get in ANY Championship SQUAD, let alone a starting 11.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

According to him yesterday, that was his way of driving standards and he wonโ€™t apologise for trying to do that, which is why they beat 10 man Vale at homeโ€ฆ

Talk about retrospectively fitting a story. The gorms up there will lap it right up though.ย 

51 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

ย 

Straight to the point. I couldn't agree more and find it astounding that so-called "really nice man" Wael and their new Kuwaiti owner are happy about having this bloke in charge and appointing his dubious mates into paid roles. Plus signing that woman-beating striker from Exeter.

I thought Lee Power's Swindon had plumbed the depths of immorality in football but they are nothing compared to this lot.

They are the family club if the family is Fred and Rose West.

ย 

LondonLad26, London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago

Anyone who has that animal as their coach should be ashamed. I'd demand a transfer, he's a thug and a criminal

7 hours ago, redkev said:

Is it me being cynical, I know they never had a penalty last night but I canโ€™t believe the amount of penalties they get and opposition players sent off .ย 

Best and hostile bunch of fans in the country

no ref is man enough to handle the atmosphere of the MEM

No wonder the refs fold and give the Sag everything

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Best and hostile bunch of fans in the country

no ref is man enough to handle the atmosphere of the MEM

No wonder the refs fold and give the Sag everything

Very true, they can make that 7,000 sound like almost twice that.ย ;)

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

23 years, faaaaaacโ€™king helllllllllllll

Like a student graduating after a couple of 'GAP YEARS' extended their finishing date.

There would be City supporters who were in their mid-40s at the start of the GAP who are now retired and drawing a pension.ย 

How bonkers is that!ย 

• Haha 1