IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's prime PSR time period and yet I watched this and thought, "who the **** is Joe Durrell?" I literally have no memory of a player with that name, I thought I could name our whole 11/12 for that period, was he pre Whitehead?

Didn't play many games for us, signed on a free from WHU, he probably played more for West Ham than City !

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I can just about recall Durrell but who was our sub ‘Griffen’?

Kevin Griffin, he lived in Lime Rd Bedminster about 10 doors up from my family. Nice guy, went on to Bath City and had a reasonable career when he found out that my dad and I used to go to Bath when the City were away he used to get us comp tickets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, petehinton said:

They’re still a (huge) organisation (don’t really know how best youd call them really) - they can still exist and be part of HGT without supporting Rovers.  

Fair play to them for sticking two fingers up at Gormridge and Wael imo. The authentic family club knows no bounds. 

Just seen this by Caz, massive respect to her standing up against bully's 

Screenshot_20231006_184149_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231006_184152_Instagram.jpg

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, 22A said:

OK Rovers; I've found a stadium that may be suited to your needs. It's not too far from the Mem, down at Eastville. Looks a bit ramshackle, but you're used to that.

image.png.14932b5cb84b0cd3461959fc041453d7.png

Building new stands that look like Eastville… GasLogic ‘we keeping it retro’

4 hours ago, magunn said:

Yup. Aged 13 my first away derby. Silk scarfs tied to wrists. Howling gale and all 5 goals right in front of me. 
Great memories. Miss you dad. 

Scarves tied to wrists. Can’t remember the last time I saw that. Used to do it all the time in the 80s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Fair play to her. And even worse of Gormridge and Wael for not addressing this at all publicly. They’re so cowardly it’s unbelievable. 

Can’t run a club and seemingly can’t even treat human beings properly either. Hope it comes home to roost for them next summer when they don’t go up, and them being hugely over budget this season comes back to bite them. 

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At Bath he played in a two with an aging striker, can't think of his name but I think he had played in the first division for a midlands club in his prime.

I wasn't aware of that but he was certainly a winger for us. I think he may have played for Cardiff as well though I don't know what position.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I don’t know if your aware but caz is THE founder of HerGameToo, it was her brainchild, she reached out to the other girls and got them on board and made the original video, some of the abuse she has had is simply horrific not to mention the outright lies and slander. She went to an awards event with the city rep Eve,representing HGT which is much more than just  Bristol Rovers, what should she do say no cos our managers a knob? It’s her bad luck the team she supports has decided to plunge headlong into the 1970s. She won’t stop being a rovers fan but at this moment in time she can’t reconcile the direction of the club with the aims of her organisation. 

Barton and the gas ownership are pretty much a disgrace to modern football. 

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fair play to her. And even worse of Gormridge and Wael for not addressing this at all publicly. They’re so cowardly it’s unbelievable. 

Can’t run a club and seemingly can’t even treat human beings properly either. Hope it comes home to roost for them next summer when they don’t go up, and them being hugely over budget this season comes back to bite them. 

Alf Saeed thought Rovers would be a nice plaything for young Abdullatif but the more he delves into it the more he realises what a mess he's landed himself with.

What if it turns out he's not such a lovely bloke as Mr Al-Quidi and decides to liquidate ? 

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Managed to find a stream for it whilst I do some tidying. They’re having rings rang round them. Collins with a truly pathetic dive trying to cheat them in for a pen. 

Link please, Sunderland Boro stream doesn’t want to work for more than 40 seconds 

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

17 hours ago, bert tann said:

Alf Saeed thought Rovers would be a nice plaything for young Abdullatif but the more he delves into it the more he realises what a mess he's landed himself with.

What if it turns out he's not such a lovely bloke as Mr Al-Quidi and decides to liquidate ? 

We'll invite you to the party Bert. 🥳