IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Only one person called this out on their forum and apparently isn’t a gas head as is always negative. Forget about the rest of the stuff, I’d be embarrassed for this tweet alone. They don’t care 😂. Strange folk. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Only one person called this out on their forum and apparently isn’t a gas head as is always negative. Forget about the rest of the stuff, I’d be embarrassed for this tweet alone. They don’t care 😂. Strange folk. 

Pretty standard from them 🤣

Can you imagine the uproar from City fans if Nigel was making a complete pr1ck of himself on Social Media and embarrassing our club into the bargain?

Now imagine the uproar if he kept on doing it…..plus made our fans sign up to a subscription service to get exclusive news about OUR club?

They really are spineless from the Boardroom to the fanbase.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Completely ignoring the fact we had an entire new ground blocked because a handful of people convinced a high court judge that a waste disposal tip was a beautiful, scenic, countryside village green. 

He also conveniently forgets that we went through a full planning application and waited for it to pass, before starting the build. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

They really are so ******* dumb arent they 

777CF22C-8859-4379-8783-C84736D8D4FC.jpeg

university degree ????????? My tutors always told me you need evidence that is relevant to the argument ....GCG and ashton gate are about as relevant to the Mem stand planning application as a failed application to build a shopping mall on Aston Court citing they got one at Patchway.....the situations and community view will be different for every situation.....not comparable 

Gloucestershire face significant objections to the redevelopment of the County Ground. The intention was to redevelop the ground to a permanent capacity of 20,000 seats. Suffice to say the nimbys objected and the plans were revised to 7,500 permanent seats and a maximum capacity of 17,500 with temporary seating.

I remember this bringing about talk of Gloucestershire moving up to Gloucester, or a new ground being built up at Filton Airfield. In the end, they’ve stayed put in facilities that are a shadow of what they could of been. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, adamski said:

university degree ????????? My tutors always told me you need evidence that is relevant to the argument ....GCG and ashton gate are about as relevant to the Mem stand planning application as a failed application to build a shopping mall on Aston Court citing they got one at Patchway.....the situations and community view will be different for every situation.....not comparable 

What he actually said was '3 year university course'. Probably got a c and g in phsyco bollocks from UWE when it was Bristol poly.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Dan really, really, really wants Joey to talk to him and the evening post again. There’s no other excuse for this nonsense.

It’s proper cringe isn’t it and so see through.

The narrative him and their fans have are “if we just had JCH/a proper finisher we’d go up” - well….yeah….so would probably 10 other teams? What side doesn’t ‘need’ the best striker in the league? 

It sums them & Barton up that they have assembled their most expensive squad ever, given him the keys to the city, will be insanely over their budget, yet still moan that they haven’t got enough to compete. 

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The narrative him and their fans have are “if we just had JCH/a proper finisher we’d go up” - well….yeah….so would probably 10 other teams? What side doesn’t ‘need’ the best striker in the league? 

It sums them & Barton up that they have assembled their most expensive squad ever, given him the keys to the city, will be insanely over their budget, yet still moan that they haven’t got enough to compete. 

Oh he makes me want to vomit (although I was constantly refreshing his Twitter for JCH news on transfer deadline day 🥴) So grateful for James Piercy for us. 

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What he actually said was '3 year university course'. Probably got a c and g in phsyco bollocks from UWE when it was Bristol poly.

I doubt it was Bristol Poly, standards were higher then, I'm thinking one of the lesser Welsh establishments, like Pontypool college and a course fail the in the bleedin' obvious 

Edited by adamski
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

They really are so ******* dumb arent they 

777CF22C-8859-4379-8783-C84736D8D4FC.jpeg

You can tell he's an expert because he did a 3 year uni course.

Hopefully we can all go through a 3 year uni course at some point so we can understand the plight of the Rovaz. When we've all got our 3 year uni courses, we'll understand the nuances that means they're discriminated against. Obviously the planning comittee at GCCC and City have done a 3 year uni course, and have been able to pull off a redevelopment because of this. Perhaps if the board had all undergone a 3 year uni course then they wouldn't have had so much trouble with planning permission.

Clearly the Greens in the area have all undergone a 3 year uni course. 

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Oh he makes me want to vomit (although I was constantly refreshing his Twitter for JCH news on transfer deadline day 🥴) So grateful for James Piercy for us. 

Him posting to reassure Gasheads that the account saying the deal was off was fake…before having to confirm himself 10 mins later that the deal was in fact off, is still one of the most ‘Rovers’ things I’ve ever seen.

Hilarious 🤣

• Haha 7

Just seen that they have now resubmitted the planning permission for the new stand they’ve virtually built already.

The consultation closes 27 Oct, so get your comments in.

The expected determination date is 5 January 2024 (assuming it doesn’t get called in again). Ouch.

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=S1YCEEDNHVV00

Edited by HitchinRed

15 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Pretty standard from them 🤣

Can you imagine the uproar from City fans if Nigel was making a complete pr1ck of himself on Social Media and embarrassing our club into the bargain?

Now imagine the uproar if he kept on doing it…..plus made our fans sign up to a subscription service to get exclusive news about OUR club?

They really are spineless from the Boardroom to the fanbase.

* Boardroom to the new bike shed in the corner at the Mem.

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

In 14/15 when we were by a country mile the best side in that division, we still lost at Crewe.

Every side no matter how good (& we were ******* excellent that season) loses from time to time.

Bolton are a good side, far better than those jokers over the river, I fully expect this was a blip & they’ll still be top four.

Whoever this fanboy is should be trying to establish why the thug can’t even match Stevenage, not proper clubs like Pompey & Bolton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HitchinRed said:

Just seen that they have now resubmitted the planning permission for the new stand they’ve virtually built already.

The consultation closes 27 Oct, so get your comments in.

The expected determination date is 5 January 2024 (assuming it doesn’t get called in again). Ouch.

https://pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=S1YCEEDNHVV00

What a joke, "replacement of the CURRENT South and southwest stands"

You really couldn't make this shit up!

At least they have now submitted a professional application.

But there are a number of documents missing which will no doubt be highlighted in the objections, such as the site views which will be important to the neighbours.

Wonder if there will be another application for the floodlights to be moved/heightened.

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

At least they have now submitted a professional application.

But there are a number of documents missing which will no doubt be highlighted in the objections, such as the site views which will be important to the neighbours.

Wonder if there will be another application for the floodlights to be moved/heightened.

I really can't be bothered to go and look, but it does seem a common thread to their attempt to "improve" the ground, be half arsed then  blame others. Surely after the joke of the previous application you would make sure that the plans were complete, including the alteration to the floodlights . Can you imagine they get everything signed off, then they change the lighting only to be stopped from playing night games as they don't have permission to use the newly moved/raised lights. It would be very them. 

• Like 2