IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

I see the greatest, loyalest and truest supporters in the world haven’t sold out for Burton Albion away on Saturday yet. What’s the allocation for Burton? 1,200 or so ffs? They’re obviously all locked out already. 

IMG_4295.jpeg

In fairness, there is a red weather warning in Scotland and people have been warned to stay at home and not venture out. 

• Haha 11

4 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

I see the greatest, loyalest and truest supporters in the world haven’t sold out for Burton Albion away on Saturday yet. What’s the allocation for Burton? 1,200 or so ffs? They’re obviously all locked out already. 

IMG_4295.jpeg

They've sold 830.

Magnificent sell out away crowd, just one or two short of the 1200 plus 400 additional seats available.

9 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

IMG_4295.jpeg

Rugby World Cup semi-final. Kick off at 8, wouldn't want to miss the start, long way back from Burton innit?

8 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

IMG_4295.jpeg

Obviously down to the rugby being on at 8pm.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Obviously down to the rugby being on at 8pm.

Will the 'rosey cheeked lady garden' be providing them with one of his famed big screens again for the semi?!

Saying that, given the Babestation debacle, maybe it's best not to talk of screens & semis where the Gas are concerned :gasmask:

Edited by GlastonburyRed

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

No ungainly pillars on this stand. Here's a clue City & Rovers played in the League at this ground in 1998/99 season.

image.png.014ef5452bfe8dc4165e0bdd4944fd11.png

I don't think city and rovers were in the same league in the 98/99 season... but looks a lot like wigan.

23 minutes ago, kit said:

I don't think city and rovers were in the same league in the 98/99 season... but looks a lot like wigan.

Correct, we were in the Championship (or whatever it was called back then).

23 minutes ago, kit said:

.. but looks a lot like wigan.

Incorrect.

Wigans little stand was much older looking.

In fairness it’s a bizarre post in the first place because neither us or the Gas have played this club (if it is who I think it is) in the League ever….Rovers have probably got the closest given their stint in the ‘5th division’.

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not sure how you could get confused. It doesn.t look anything like Springfield Park.

image.thumb.png.7fbcc77806c0860641c1c49a020dd10b.png

I completely agree.

3 minutes ago, supercidered said:

But it looks very much like the Mem now!!

haha, you know what…looking at that picture of Springfield Park you can see the similarity of that ground 25 years ago and the Mem in 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2