IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, redkev said:

Just checked the pub league table , having Reading fallen that far bottom of the league with no wins in the last 5 games in fact LLLLL

Reading seem to do ok in the cups (bearing in mind teams won't be at full strength) but can't buy a league win at the moment.

Beat Exeter 9-0 and Swindon 5-0 in the EFL Trophy

Beat Millwall away 4-0, then drew 2-2 with Ipswich (1-3 on pens) in the EFL Cup

Winning 1-0 against the Pikeys....at the moment as Reading are woeful.

Edited by bcfc01

Readings first point in 6 games..

Boy, were they crap.

Pikeys a tad better, not a lot in it, both crap.

Am I glad we are not in that division anymore, watching that brought back some rotten memories. Didn't seem to be that many there, sub 10k maybe.

Actually 11,726

Away 2,735 (or 3k according to the blue few))

Edited by bcfc01
attendance

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Readings first point in 6 games..

Boy, were they crap.

Pikeys a tad better, not a lot in it, both crap.

Am I glad we are not in that division anymore, watching that brought back some rotten memories. Didn't seem to be that many there, sub 10k maybe.

Actually 11,726

Away 2,735 (or 3k according to the blue few))

2,735 - round it up to 10,000 using Gas logic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

When I say tin, you say pot.

The Reading commentators last night (bearing in mind the Reading Fans had been causing disruption by throwing stuff on pitch etc.) 

"Oh dear there is a firework lit in the stand now, the stewards need to get onto that"

"ah yes I see John, oh and it's now on the pitch"

"I understand our fans fustrations but maybe there are better ways of making their feelings known"

"hang on John, the Firework has actually come from the Bristol Rovers end, that's from them" 

"wow, unbelievable Jeff"

*commentators names have been changed to protect... well I don't know their names.

24 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Not even worthy of a place on the new Bristol edition of Monopoly 😜🤣🤣

Screenshot_20231109-063743_Facebook.jpg

I suppose that it's down to all the pie in the sky their owners keep coming out with about a new stadium which the Monopoly panel has believed and don't want a non-existent landmark sitting on the board for forty years.

They have this problem with the original one where in the "law and order" orange set you have Marlborough Street (well known magistrates' court), Bow Street (original police base - Bow Street runners) and Vine Street which is a small service road for a hotel.

Back in the day when the London board was put together Vine Street was the site of the biggest police station in London.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I suppose that it's down to all the pie in the sky their owners keep coming out with about a new stadium which the Monopoly panel has believed and don't want a non-existent landmark sitting on the board for forty years.

They have this problem with the original one where in the "law and order" orange set you have Marlborough Street (well known magistrates' court), Bow Street (original police base - Bow Street runners) and Vine Street which is a small service road for a hotel.

Back in the day when the London board was put together Vine Street was the site of the biggest police station in London.

More simple than that.

Traditionally, you could build houses and hotels. The Fewers insisted on tents and flexible planning arrangements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

More simple than that.

Traditionally, you could build houses and hotels. The Fewers insisted on tents and flexible planning arrangements.

Yes, actually that would have been a great USP for the Bristol edition - a separate set of small green tents and a big red wigwam for just that property.

• Haha 2