IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I suppose that it's down to all the pie in the sky their owners keep coming out with about a new stadium which the Monopoly panel has believed and don't want a non-existent landmark sitting on the board for forty years.

They have this problem with the original one where in the "law and order" orange set you have Marlborough Street (well known magistrates' court), Bow Street (original police base - Bow Street runners) and Vine Street which is a small service road for a hotel.

Back in the day when the London board was put together Vine Street was the site of the biggest police station in London.

And referenced in the Pogues classic, `The Old Main Drag`

• Like 1

Of course its nowhere near the heinous crime of chicking tennis balls on the pitch in protest against their owners.

Always the victim.

From their shitty little "forum" lets ignore the racial abuse and chucking fireworks into a crowd;

"So no action taken against any home fans for throwing tennis balls on to the pitch? "

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

I’ve heard they’ve applied for planning permission.

In other news, they’ve interviewed four girders today and expect to appoint one tomorrow. 

They just missed out on Liam Planning.

They probably won’t ask a club for ‘permission’ to talk to their manager and just dive straight in. It’s how they roll.

• Haha 2

A new (to them) football ground has become available. On the QPR forum they mention Wealdstone moving to a new ground.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/303294/even-wealdstone-get-a-new-ground!!!/#14

Then, not a Sainsbury's but; A QPR fan asks; Can't we have their old ground ?

Then, not a Sainsbury's but; Is that the rotten bit of land opposite the Swallow that was once going to be a Tesco?

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

What's wrong with Karl Robinson then? Apart from annoying accent I thought he was meant to be okay?

Ego maniac scouser, constantly screaming in the face at officials, whored himself out to loads of clubs at each managerial job he’s at since MK….

Fits them perfectly, will pick up where Joey left off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ego maniac scouser, constantly screaming in the face at officials, whored himself out to loads of clubs at each managerial job he’s at since MK….

Fits them perfectly, will pick up where Joey left off!

Don’t hold back, just come out and say what you really think 

• Haha 2

To be fair, KR was very successful and quite entertaining when he was managing Milton Keynes, especially when he had Dele on loan from Spurs.

I believe, however, that Wade Elliot failed to give him (Dele) the respect he deserved 😉, and showed him up for the player he now is.

Actually, that’s not really fair to Dele. He used to be a very good player, but, for various reasons, appears to have thrown it all away.

19 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair, KR was very successful and quite entertaining when he was managing Milton Keynes, especially when he had Dele on loan from Spurs.

I believe, however, that Wade Elliot failed to give him (Dele) the respect he deserved 😉, and showed him up for the player he now is.

Actually, that’s not really fair to Dele. He used to be a very good player, but, for various reasons, appears to have thrown it all away.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen Dele’s interview with Gary Neville over the summer, but it seems clear that for a time his meteoric rise through the game managed to mask some of the horrific things that he went through, but as his career plateaued, his past really took a hold. 

I can never agree he threw it away. I think the good times were only ever ‘on loan’ until he got the help anyone who experienced what he did would need; and in a career that ends when you’re in your early-mid 30’s, it’s no wonder he never caught it back. To me he’s off limits.

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 8