IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The required level if you're playing that version of Subbuteo that the one kid always had with.....all the accessories - required for that big march atmosphere, the crowd and the dug-out, and the flood-lights too.

You'd always get palmed off, with the headless centre forward, and the goalkeeper with no arms, and a face like his....

But his travelling army of synthetic supporters were taken away from him and thrown in the bin though.

• Robin 1

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sounds like they are copying Sunderland, but in their case it's the Stadium of Dark.

Dump of a football ground (you can't call it a stadium), no manager, because nobody wants the job and a 1920's retro stand with pillars sounds like a non league set up.......... and have you seen their training ground? Hardly the High Performance Centre, is it.

Not to mention Santa' grotty grotto, stale crisps, out of date Fanta, boob cricket and Babestation on the box.

That's a hard sell isn't it? (And not in a good way.) I pity their marketing department - or should that be 'fruit market department'?

• Like 1

• Admin
46 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Does a refs report cover the lighting - never seen a refs game report.

I would assume so if it was obviously below par ?

Anecdotally from those mentioned in meetings by a police liaison at a SC&T meeting they are much more than just events on the pitch 

I can remember a guy (whose name escapes me) who worked on behalf of the local FA and he used to go to all our away games and report on the full HSE of the stadium and surrounding areas 

53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The required level if you're playing that version of Subbuteo that the one kid always had with.....all the accessories - required for that big march atmosphere, the crowd and the dug-out, and the flood-lights too.

You'd always get palmed off, with the headless centre forward, and the goalkeeper with no arms, and a face like his....

OOOOhhhh Matron.

On 28/11/2023 at 23:02, Tomo said:

At one point 4 Leyton Orient players were playing hide and seek in the dark...and  some of their other players were hiding behind the 1950's designed pillars....🤣

20231128_203229.jpg

Is this how the O's equalised? Three strikers clearly offside, yet not visible in the shadows? 

Grounds for an appeal methinks...🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Cousin back then, but may be his husband now. Or he could no longer be his cousin as he could be dead.

My money is on Joey just being a bit dim though.

Do you stop being related to someone when you or they die?

I get that you could upgrade from cousin to spouse. That is a possibility that I hadn't considered.

1 hour ago, Sarumred said:

Matt Taylor sometime in the next 24 hours according to Bristol Live.

As they regarded his namesake as a snake, what type of serpent will this one be?

I can't imagine what he is expecting to do with that shower, though I suspect he will lead them back into League 2 unless Wally is willing to put his hand in his pocket and pull out some fake dinars.