IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

37 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I got a gas mate who still works at whore field and he says there’s trouble at mill , players aren’t happy with new manager  or clubs new head chief as he’s got rid of nearly everyone. Loan players are apparently asking to return to parent clubs in January oh dear 😅 

Wonder what the owners son did in his previous roles to get such a senior position. I mean, it isn't as if they'd need to look that far down the road to understand that a wealthy owner might not always make the best appointment by giving their child a role. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

They've installed the owners son to run the show and he's apparently causing chaos (not a wind up).

All their coaching staff have left, not sure if they were sacked or just walked out.

This made me laugh;

"Out of curiosity.
Does anybody know whether when Pearson was sacked at 1982ltd all of his coaches were also replaced ?"

They so want to be like us.

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

They've installed the owners son to run the show and he's apparently causing chaos (not a wind up).

All their coaching staff have left, not sure if they were sacked or just walked out.

This made me laugh;

"Out of curiosity.
Does anybody know whether when Pearson was sacked at 1982ltd all of his coaches were also replaced ?"

Heard similar earlier. 

Sounds like they are absolutely falling apart. All the coaches have left as they were all Barton’s men and he had been given so much power there they’ve all gone with him, including director of football. New owners son who’s really young has been put in charge to run the day to day and has no idea what he’s doing.

Matt Taylor has gone in like a bull in a China shop, nailed the players loads and cancelled their Christmas party last minute. His assistant at Rotherham is being kept on by Richardson, so he essentially has no coaching staff to work with other than Bryan Anthony and their centre of excellence coaches having to step up.

They’re charging £38 a ticket for some games as they’re losing so much money from the new stand delays - that is now up, and blocking the floodlights causing a decent chunk of the penalty box on that side to be in total darkness.

I don’t think being called total amateurs is even doing it justice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Heard similar earlier. 

Sounds like they are absolutely falling apart. All the coaches have left as they were all Barton’s men and he had been given so much power there they’ve all gone with him, including director of football. New owners son who’s really young has been put in charge to run the day to day and has no idea what he’s doing.

Matt Taylor has gone in like a bull in a China shop, nailed the players loads and cancelled their Christmas party last minute. His assistant at Rotherham is being kept on by Richardson, so he essentially has no coaching staff to work with other than Bryan Anthony and their centre of excellence coaches having to step up.

They’re charging £38 a ticket for some games as they’re losing so much money from the new stand delays - that is now up, and blocking the floodlights causing a decent chunk of the penalty box on that side to be in total darkness.

I understand their new owners are property developers.

Should be interesting when they get fed up of chucking money down the drain every week..

Edited by bcfc01
typo

30 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Heard similar earlier. 

38 quid to watch Chris Martin mow the lawn. Jesus wept.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Heard similar earlier. 

Seems to be suggestions over on SlagChat that their CEO could be on borrowed time, no idea if that is true or not.

It would scream of owners son being able to confidently announce a reduction in running costs of 'x' amount and to highlight 'Wastage under Wally' (could be a new daytime telly show there, a bit like Homes Under The Hammer, only with rubbish).

Be interesting to see if they get the wallet open in January, or if they will go for a summer rebuild.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Seems to be suggestions over on SlagChat that their CEO could be on borrowed time, no idea if that is true or not.

It would scream of owners son being able to confidently announce a reduction in running costs of 'x' amount and to highlight 'Wastage under Wally' (could be a new daytime telly show there, a bit like Homes Under The Hammer, only with rubbish).

Be interesting to see if they get the wallet open in January, or if they will go for a summer rebuild.

I really can’t believe he hasn’t been sacked. The bloke is clearly so out of his depth it’s unreal. I’m shocked at how unscathed he has come out of the stand debacle, as well as the JCH stuff too. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I really can’t believe he hasn’t been sacked. The bloke is clearly so out of his depth it’s unreal. I’m shocked at how unscathed he has come out of the stand debacle, as well as the JCH stuff too. 

Yes he's always given the impression of the work experience boy who by some terrible mix up, has been given a powerful job.

The new stand has been an absolute fiasco, he said it would take 2 months to build and would be ready for the start of the season.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I understand their new owners are property developers.

Should be interesting when they get fed up of chucking money down the drain every week..

Property developers you say? And just acquired a company that owns several acres of land in BS7, one of Southern England's most sought-after and lucrative locations? Well I wouldn't imagine there's any cause for concern there. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, petehinton said:

Heard similar earlier. 

I too heard about the rumours of the Xmas party jolly being cancelled at 'the last minute' after Saturdays dismal performance. Obviously had nothing to do with the fact we had a game last night  😀

I have a few Gashead mates and like most Gasheads they keep telling me that they have just as many fans as us S###heads

Had bit of spare time the other day so done a bit of home work

Since the 1920 season the total attendance watching the gas at home is approx 23.27 million 

In that time City have been watched by 33.45 million

A small difference of 10.18mill

So if the FA ban fans from watching City until the Gas have caught up with us

Ashton Gate will be closed until the 2067/68 season 44Years!!!!

That is as long as the Gas average 10k a game between now and then 

God i need to get a life

• Haha 8
  • Flames 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

I have a few Gashead mates and like most Gasheads they keep telling me that they have just as many fans as us S###heads

Had bit of spare time the other day so done a bit of home work

Since the 1920 season the total attendance watching the gas at home is approx 23.27 million 

In that time City have been watched by 33.45 million

A small difference of 10.18mill

So if the FA ban fans from watching City until the Gas have caught up with us

Ashton Gate will be closed until the 2067/68 season 44Years!!!!

That is as long as the Gas average 10k a game between now and then 

God i need to get a life

Bloody hell 

How did you input all those crowds and how long did it take you? 

On 12/12/2023 at 17:41, petehinton said:

Heard similar earlier. 

The word you're looking for is tinpot. 

If anyone listens to podcasts, this weeks episode of Sherlock & Co contains a dig at the fewers. Can't remember it exactly but it was part of a speech about how we all need human community, and if we get it via supporting a football team then that is fine, unless it's Bristol r****s!

The next line references the speaker as a Swindon fan, but at least his heart is in the right place....

• Hmmm 1