IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, Frankie_Red said:

Out with two gasheads last night who claimed they took more to Crew than we did to Blackburn this week . That cant be right surely. Any way I can check?

A quick search shows 507 Gasheads at Crewe compared to 336 of us at Blackburn. So he is right.

You might like to point out though that the Saturday previous to this we had an away match of not dissimilar distance whilst they were at home. Cost would be a factor here I would think.

On 15/12/2023 at 13:15, Frankie_Red said:

Thanks @RedM. It was about the only part of the conversation they could beat me on :) 

You could point out that in the grand scheme of things, taking a few more to a closer away game on a Tuesday doesn’t trump the fact that we’re averaging 1800 away this season whilst they are on around 1100.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

On 15/12/2023 at 13:07, RedM said:

A quick search shows 507 Gasheads at Crewe compared to 336 of us at Blackburn. So he is right.

You might like to point out though that the Saturday previous to this we had an away match of not dissimilar distance whilst they were at home. Cost would be a factor here I would think.

Blackburns another hour and half further up the road aswell 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Here’s a photo of the worst jewelry shop in the whole of France. 

IMG_7971.jpeg

Were you planning a Smash and Grab in tribute to the Rovers ( only understood by the old stagers on the forum) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 15/12/2023 at 13:07, RedM said:

That may well be but there is evidence of gasheads flocking back to the rugby ground..

img_1_1670405217731.jpg

• Haha 4

• Admin
3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Let’s hope it’s even longer (or never again) until another.

Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

If we’re playing them it is either a cup draw or we’ve hit hard times.

**** them.

Completely agree, I'm sure Stoke and Forest feel just the same about their rivals

• Like 5

Apparently Bristol Live is exclusively revealing today they aren’t going back for Clarke-Harris in January.

I’m absolutely amazed, anyone would think a transfer that mysteriously fell through at the very last minute at Rovers’ end was all some sort of pretence that (by their standards) they were going to spend big, whilst never actually doing so..

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Completely agree, I'm sure Stoke and Forest feel just the same about their rivals

I remember chatting to a Notts Co fan some years ago. He said they knew they’d really hit rock bottom when Forest fans genuinely started to feel sorry for them and wanted them to have some success for the sake of the City of Nottingham.

And he said that felt far worse than just being hated by a more successful rival.

Mind you, they were 2 or 3 leagues apart at the time! 

• Like 3