IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve always thought their `relationship` is a bit like we used to have with, say, Torquay or Cheltenham. You don`t feel threatened by them, they`re more like a little brother who you`d quite like to see do OK.

It’s not always been like that though: admittedly you have to go back half a century, but there was a time when County were above Forest.

Maybe it’s partly time (although it’s almost quarter of a century in Bristol), maybe the size of the gap. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 22A said:

Watched the animation "Early Man" today. In one scene at a stadium, there is chanting and general shouting. In the credits at the end Aardman thanked use of the Memorial Stadium, Bristol and for the crowd noises provided by 1,000 people.

Didn’t know that, presumably a film set In prehistoric times if they used the Memorial Ground? (It’s not a stadium, is it?).

“He’s trying to implement his style but it’s hard for him because he’s on his own, he hasn’t got his own coaching staff with him. I feel sorry for him. The club need to sort that out as soon as possible”

Rag ass lose again, and their own player has to call the club out to back the new man after about 2 weeks. Surely the oil rich legends must be able to afford whoever they want???

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Interestingly, very different feelings about their 'rivals'. Forest and County have quite a friendly rivalry and nothing much more than jokey banter. Stoke and Vale can get very nasty. I wonder if it is anything to do with geography. Forest and County don't have geographical areas as such, with both grounds being so close. Whereas, Stoke are located in the Stoke area, south in Stoke on Trent, while Port Vale are in Burslem, a town in the North of Stoke on Trent. 

As a kid, I can remember thinking of Stoke as a Midlands club and Vale as a North West club, not realising they were located less than 5 miles apart.

Port vale even though don’t have the numbers really despise Stoke and get right under stokes skin 

very tough area is burslem = Hartcliffe + knowle west with a northern accent 

40 minutes ago, redkev said:

Port vale even though don’t have the numbers really despise Stoke and get right under stokes skin 

very tough area is burslem = Hartcliffe + knowle west with a northern accent 

Yes, I've been to Vale at least 5 times with City over the years and there has always been trouble. I also recall 20-30 Vale lads trying (unsuccessfully) to attack the Coopers Arms about 20 years back before a league game against them.

10 hours ago, petehinton said:

He’s trying to implement his style but it’s hard for him because he’s on his own, he hasn’t got his own coaching staff with him. I feel sorry for him. The club need to sort that out as soon as possible”

Rag ass lose again, and their own player has to call the club out to back the new man after about 2 weeks. Surely the oil rich legends must be able to afford whoever they want???

You literally have to go down to Toolstation League level to encounter that set-up even semi-regularly and some of those clubs will have at least ONE "Coach" (aka the Manager's mate who follows him everywhere) helping and maybe a (very loose term) "GK Coach" who doesn't really know a huge amount technically but can do enough to keep the Goalkeepers ticking over from week to week.

A Gas player is effectively saying that a new Manager has entered the building and, bar a few bodies from the Academy helping him put out cones no doubt, is pretty much MANAGING AND COACHING on his own. Is that some kind of special "two for the price of one" contract with semi-hidden clauses that Taylor's legal advisor didn't pick up?!!! Tinpot doesn't even vaguely begin to cover it (it's completely tinpot at Weston Super Mare's level) yet you still get the odd City fan that questions why this thread exists...................

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes, I've been to Vale at least 5 times with City over the years and there has always been trouble. I also recall 20-30 Vale lads trying (unsuccessfully) to attack the Coopers Arms about 20 years back before a league game against them.

Yes I’ve been there a fair few times aswell always a little cautious one of them places you can come unstuck .

remember was working away once and drove down to there from Leeds on a night game , 

walked into a little coopers type boozer all on my own no doorman , no home fans only signs and about a good 20 mins walk at least from the ground and on my own no colours etc , opened door walked in and before I even opened my West Country trap they sussed me straight away , pie chips and a pint sat down and felt so uncomfortable it was untrue , tbf no one really said any thing or done anything but even on my own was not made very welcome I think the fact I was alone saved me from anything I swear if 3 or 4 of us would have walked in there would have been problems ,

this was by no means a hooligan pub either just some very tough unfriendly characters from Burslem 

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but here are a couple of examples /rumours I've heard indicating money may be as tight as a gnats nadger up at the "Mem Stad". 

1. A manager with no coaching team of his own. Surely that would be a given?

2. Rumour JCH "hated" P'boro and was desperate to return to Bristol, yet we all know how that turned out.

3. A woman in work who told me her dad is a raving Sag but unfortunately wheelchair bound. Asked the club for a ramp (somewhere around the ground) for ease of access, only to be told to pay for it themselves! (Don't shoot the messenger please).

Surely Wael of Fortune and Alf have got sufficient resource? Aren't they the sixth richest club in the country?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FForbes said:

Put an "H" on his forehead and it's Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf !!

_131902842_matttaylor.png.6324b53a746a11273f30977a9f0d464a.png

Thought I recognised him from somewhere.

Has anyone ever told you that you are a disgusting, pus filled buboe who has all the wit, charm and self possession of an Alsatian dog after a head swap operation

6BEFD365-EF6C-4540-B8DE-4913F64AC29A.jpeg

28 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but here are a couple of examples /rumours I've heard indicating money may be as tight as a gnats nadger up at the "Mem Stad". 

2. Rumour JCH "hated" P'boro and was desperate to return to Bristol, yet we all know how that turned out.

3. A woman in work who told me her dad is a raving Sag but unfortunately wheelchair bound. Asked the club for a ramp (somewhere around the ground) for ease of access, only to be told to pay for it themselves! (Don't shoot the messenger please).

Surely Wael of Fortune and Alf have got sufficient resource? Aren't they the sixth richest club in the country?

It’s true there are some minor cash flow issues and our Disabled Supporters Association has been told it will have to fund the cost of the lavatories in our new showpiece South Stand.

Normal service will be resumed once Alf has grounded the Quidi drones.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BS3City said:

They’re charging £38 a ticket in some areas for the Pompey game as they’re struggling financially. Manager can’t bring in his own staff yet, probably as they’ve spent an obscene amount of cash sacking off Barton and his crew. Matt Taylor will be on a huge contract relative to them. 

It all stinks of “I didn’t realise we’d have to put THIS much in” from the new men. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They’re charging £38 a ticket in some areas for the Pompey game as they’re struggling financially. Manager can’t bring in his own staff yet, probably as they’ve spent an obscene amount of cash sacking off Barton and his crew. Matt Taylor will be on a huge contract relative to them. 

It all stinks of “I didn’t realise we’d have to put THIS much in” from the new men. 

If it’s found that Mr Al-Quidi didn’t make full disclosure of Rovers’ liabilities Alf Seed may be forced to call on the services of Nicholas Higgs’ litititigation team.

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Nail on head methinks.

Barton and his team were obviously a drain on resources and had to go regardless of him being an odious little convicted thug. 

I'm of the opinion that these property developing owners are there for a reason other than football and have had that opinion from the day they walked in. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I would love to see Rovers have a 40-50 thousand seater stadium but the narrow access to and from the ground make this impossible. With all the house building currently going on and planned if the club is successful a big stadium will be required!

Whats reckon.

I reckon someone has been on the Christmas Wacky Baccy.