IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

Imo they'd better be hoping they DONT get promotion..

They would get well & truly rodgered if they were to scrape up.

they would give visiting fans a memorable day out tho,never before would they have watched their team in such interesting surroundings with a cricket pavillion, replica 1960s stand and traveller friendly facilities all rolled into one

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

In the last 4 games Rovers have won 3 times, two of which were against the top 2. I'm not going to be the one to overhype us, I think we'll finish somewhere in the 8th-12th range, but here's a question. If winning a league game each against the top 2 (let's presume Portsmouth and Bolton finish top 2 for now, but right now it's comparative) isn't particularly noteworthy, when was the last time City did it in the Championship (hint: or equivalent before...)

God, you really are boring.

Why you on here?

Got no mates?

I wonder why?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

In the last 4 games Rovers have won 3 times, two of which were against the top 2. I'm not going to be the one to overhype us, I think we'll finish somewhere in the 8th-12th range, but here's a question. If winning a league game each against the top 2 (let's presume Portsmouth and Bolton finish top 2 for now, but right now it's comparative) isn't particularly noteworthy, when was the last time City did it in the Championship (hint: or equivalent before...)

You literally got pumped 3-1 last week.  

On 28/12/2023 at 23:29, phantom said:

Help please 

Where is the list of average crowds per season for the two Bristol clubs? 

I can't find it anywhere 

Someone posted this a couple of weeks ago. I've forgotten the numbers, but if you're talking about the top two Bristol football clubs then that would be Bristol City and Bristol City Women. 

I think Bristol R****s came in fourth - after the rugby too.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Always like it when people post screenshots from Gaschat, not because of the nonsense, but to see what advert gets generated as it's usually cookie-led and says a lot about the online behaviour of the person posting it.

Booze-fuelled Christmas, Pete?

🤣 they can’t be cookie-led on this one, had a flu/chest infection jobbie since about 6pm on Christmas Day, haven’t had a drop of the nectar since the 22nd!

5 hours ago, cityal said:

Oh looky here - a few wins and BS comes out of hiding again!

Sorry, I must have missed the communication from the EFL, but Is there now some speical trophy awarded for wining matches against the top 2 in a season? Is it actually more relevant at the end of the season than victories against the (randomly chosen) 7th and 18th placed teams if you don't actually win promotion?

I think it's probably just the case that your poxy club has absolutrely nothing that matters better than its equivalent at Bristol City and you and your fellow gasheads constantly try and search for any angle to make yourselves still seem relevant. Always in our shadow.

The last time I checked the league table included ALL results, and the fewers are still 9 points outside the playoff spots despite their good recent form. But fine, knock yourself out, go ahead and crank one out while deluding yourself into thinking this the year you get promoted. You will be back to getting rinsed by massive clubs like Exeter, Burton and Fleetwood soon.

Hey listen I comment in here when I read something I disagree with. When we lose we get made fun of and I agree with all that is said! So I tend to reply when we've done something fairly well and it's downplayed or we're told we're completely unreasonable to be happy in any way. 

As for trophies, it's not like either of us are stacked in that category, minus the Pizza cup. 

3 points are 3 points but I don't think it's unreasonable for Rovers to beat the top 2 teams at Christmas in a relatively short-time period and be happy about it. 

As for Bristol City, some people feel this way; and a lot of you seem to. The reason why I said Championship and not League 1, which would be an equivalent achievement; is that I don't think City and Rovers are on the same level in basically any department. So why would I judge them by the same standards? Should Bournemouth and Newcastle fans have been equally happy to be promoted to the Premier League? Is that an equally impressive achievement? No, of course not. 

As for the league table, I said nothing of the league table except the fact I said I don't think we'll make playoffs. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I have absolutely no idea about the last time we beat the two teams who were 1st and 2nd at Christmas because it’s not a statistic that any normal football fan would take note of.

Consider this for context though. In the 2012-13 season, we comfortably beat Cardiff (champions), Watford (3rd and playoff finalists) and Crystal Palace (playoff winners) at Ashton Gate. Our finishing position that season? Dead last and relegated. We weren’t crowing like a bunch of weirdos for beating two promoted teams were we?

I also remember beating both our promotion challengers QPR and Plymouth at home in the space of a week, yet we ended up missing out on promotion, so the boast was meaningless and would have been met with ridicule.

Your fanbase are strange and deluded. You clutch at really odd straws in order to try and get one over us. A bigger percentage of your home crowds travel away than us? Just means your home support is rubbish. Your ground is fuller than our in terms of capacity? Just means your ground is a little shoebox. This is just another meaningless dig that is quite frankly hilarious.

You don't think that if in the next 3 games City played and beat both Leicester and Ipswich the fans' reaction would be "eh, whatever, who cares?" Of course it wouldn't. It's not a trophy but it's a relatively good achievement for us. As for the 2012-13 season, I do think it matters that Rovers aren't dead-last. Shock horror but I don't believe Rovers fans should be equally happy with beating the top two teams in the league once if that was the only two wins of the entire season and we finished on 6 points. 

Again I didn't say we were in for a promotion charge, but I don't think it's ridiculous Rovers fans are getting their hopes up given that we seem to have demonstrated we're able to beat the best teams in this league. Frankly, we're too inconsistent to go up. 

Also it's not a boast, we can look objectively and say if X team did Y thing for the first time in a long time and Y is a good thing than that's fairly impressive. I don't care to boast, I was just replying to people who were saying it wasn't impressive or noteworthy at all

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

Might be worth pointing out to @Boring Sag the last time we were in the 3rd division, it would have been difficult to beat top of the league, because for the majority of the season, it was us. 

Also worth asking when they beat any 2 sides in the second tier, let alone the top 2. 
Hint: If you’re not in your 30’s you’d have missed it. 

I don't judge City and Rovers by the same standard. Nor should you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

It’s a good run of form and do think you look a lot better under Taylor, top half as you said is a possibility although think you’re too far off the playoffs to make a dent this season. What I will say though is anything can happen in a new managers bounce it’s whether you can sustain it. Yes you beat the top 2 in incredible results but you’ve also dropped points at home to Cheltenham and lost to Crawley in the EFL trophy 

Oh for sure, hell, we looked fairly good the first couple games under Tisdale! I don't think that this is any indication we're going to be in the playoff-race or anything, I mean maybe if we'd have beaten Blackpool away I'd be buying into the hype more. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Boring Sag said:

You don't think that if in the next 3 games City played and beat both Leicester and Ipswich the fans' reaction would be "eh, whatever, who cares?" Of course it wouldn't. It's not a trophy but it's a relatively good achievement for us. As for the 2012-13 season, I do think it matters that Rovers aren't dead-last. Shock horror but I don't believe Rovers fans should be equally happy with beating the top two teams in the league once if that was the only two wins of the entire season and we finished on 6 points. 

Again I didn't say we were in for a promotion charge, but I don't think it's ridiculous Rovers fans are getting their hopes up given that we seem to have demonstrated we're able to beat the best teams in this league. Frankly, we're too inconsistent to go up. 

Also it's not a boast, we can look objectively and say if X team did Y thing for the first time in a long time and Y is a good thing than that's fairly impressive. I don't care to boast, I was just replying to people who were saying it wasn't impressive or noteworthy at all

I don't judge City and Rovers by the same standard. Nor should you.

You aren’t judged by the same standard that’s for sure. You’ve hit a patch of very decent form, still nine points off the play offs, and looking at your forum are cast iron guaranteed to now work wonders and shit miracles. 9 winnable games on the horizon (it’s taken you 23 matches to win 9 so far) and Bristol’s premier team in 12 months blah blah (that guy had sunk 11 bottles of wine, mind).

We’ve also hit form picking up a point MORE in our last four than you with three wins against teams around or above us, are only three points off the play offs, yet not one person on here is talking about Premier League football next season. You lot would be talking about “doing a Leicester” in that scenario!!

No, the standards aren’t the same………

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

Why are they like this?

B01823AF-9CA1-451B-9B8E-CC25C61CA793.png

There was another one on Gaschat suggesting the replacement stand for the North Stand should cost £10m.

Where the **** do they think they are getting that?

The one they started without planning permission is basically Meccano & was probably less than a tenth of that.