IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Whatever the result we will be told afterwards that home fans apparently said 'you brought more than City', 'made a great atmosphere' and 'should be in the Championship'.

Presumably they won't mention the fact that we get charged full price in the league, whereas the gas have been charged just £10 for today's game.

We also only get 10% of capacity in the league v 15% in the FA Cup.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably they won't mention the fact that we get charged full price in the league, whereas the gas have been charged just £10 for today's game.

I’m sure they WILL mention that there are more City fans going at an away 2pm Sunday kick off in London than they get for home matches

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know that? I personally know four gasheads who refused to attend games whilst Joey was in charge - they went to watch Yate Town or Mangotsfield instead - but I wouldn’t pretend to know what the “majority of gasheads thought” - you obviously know better ... 

I'd be embarrassed to admit I know 4 Sags...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Neanderthals at Temple Meads now making a racket …..summat about having 6 toes and being locked out ….:laughcont:

Norwich 3 …Sags 0

They're leaving it late to get there by train. Bloke I work with was on the train about 7am.

Maybe they're planning on standing outisde in the car park...for the second half.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

I’m sure they WILL mention that there are more City fans going at an away 2pm Sunday kick off in London than they get for home matches

Average Bristol City Women's attendance this season: 8,825

Average Bristol Rovers attendance this season 8,041

So not just less, but about 10% less.

Oh and the women's game gets all but no away fans. There's just not the culture of things like CATS and big away days. So whilst the attendance figures at the Mem include away fans, our women's team figures is almost exclusively home.

They're the third most popular football team in Bristol.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Neanderthals at Temple Meads now making a racket …..summat about having 6 toes and being locked out ….:laughcont:

Norwich 3 …Sags 0

The 6 toe brigade heading off to the land of the 6 fingered.... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Leaving it very late to get to Norwich 

I was looking on Trainline and the 11:00 is due into Norwich at 4:20 , all journeys are saying over 5 hours.

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, glynriley said:

They're leaving it late to get there by train. Bloke I work with was on the train about 7am.

Maybe they're planning on standing outisde in the car park...for the second half.

Was thinking the same.

Locked out because they arrive at 6pm 😁

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

1601, then...........pretty pathetic for their big day out !

You would expect more from a "club" with such self acclaimed great away support, played there twice since 1974 and not for 14 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I’m giving them a break about attendances today. There is Dinomania on at Thornbury Leisure Centre, so a rare chance for them to meet up with like minded creatures.

Top Dinosaur, giving his views on women in football.

Mr Joeybag Barton.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swede said:

It's quite amazing I haven't come across any swamp dweller who knows the fact that Hitler saved the gas. I must admit I don't look under many rocks. I'm not surprised though as they can't remember what they did 5 minutes ago let alone an important part of their history. We even loaned them players that season to help them complete their fixtures. Nothing club.

If you even mention they haven’t played in that jesters kit for that long really they get all pissy . We’ve always played in it you shithead *** . Until I prove they haven’t then they want to get punchy . 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

They can spout what they want. We play Norwich regularly, they don't, we don't play West ham regularly, do Hitler rovers wanna compare figures now? 😜 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve brought up 1939 a few times to gas mates when they start with the 82 bollocks. Calling them nazi sympathisers . They just stare blankly . Not a clue about their own history  

I never knew that either. (But to be fair I'm not a gashead.) It's something useful to bring up when one of them tries escaping their cage 😀.

It might have already been mentioned, but does anyone have a stream for their cup defeat today? I fancy a good laugh.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So about 900 then if you allow for g*sflation.

But that still means around 90,000 more will be locked out.

I just hope Delia's been on the sherry, and let's them have a few home truths at halftime.

• Like 1