IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

33 minutes ago, petehinton said:

1,300 away fans. Absolutely massive. Truly. 

That is bang out of order from Norwich!

Why have they only given Rovers a 1,300 allocation, when competition rules state that they should be given over 4,000 (15%)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, petehinton said:

1,300 away fans. Absolutely massive. Truly. 

Not bad considering how far it is and just after Christmas . Yes I know we have shifted 9000 tomorrow but closer and a more attractive tie 

3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Not bad considering how far it is and just after Christmas . Yes I know we have shifted 9000 tomorrow but closer and a more attractive tie 

Ah, that explains the 7,700 difference then. How many do they pull in for home games btw?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Norwich isn't a side they've played in eons, been in the Prem recently and a much bigger club so it IS an attractive tie for the 3rd reich!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

They’ve been there once in 20 years.

West Ham is certainly more attractive to us than Norwich but to them it’s a new ground for most and a big club away in the FA Cup (even if their own fans have compared Rovers to Norwich in size in the past 🤣).

Sorry but for a club who’s fans constantly brag about their supposedly amazing away support it’s a poor showing for their big day out. If they insist on talking the talk they need to back it up more often.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not with there supposed as good away support as Liverpool & a ground they haven’t been to for decades. Piss poor really 

Agree I honestly thought they would have taken 2,000 minimum 

been to Norwich a few times , long way but easy to get to via road or train , nice ground and decent boozers , never any whiff of trouble so old bill are very low key meaning you can pretty much go where you want , then train back to London few beers either stay the night or last train home , what’s there not to like , 1300 not great 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Watching the 2nd half and, although it's not a Norwich first team, Hitlers mob are having a go. 

Now we must ready ourselves for some Gas Logic.

Norwich won at AG. Rovers drew with Norwich; therefore Rovers must be better than City.

As I said, Gas Logic.

e

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Context - Cambridge United took 1,600 to Blackburn…..

Cambridge to Blackburn is only 30 miles shorter than Bristol to Norwich and they took 300 more than the "huge away support, sell out everywhere we go" from North Bristol 😁

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They’ve been there once in 20 years.

West Ham is certainly more attractive to us than Norwich but to them it’s a new ground for most and a big club away in the FA Cup (even if their own fans have compared Rovers to Norwich in size in the past 🤣).

Sorry but for a club who’s fans constantly brag about their supposedly amazing away support it’s a poor showing for their big day out. If they insist on talking the talk they need to back it up more often.

Very similar comparison, away to a mid table team from the league above

9,000 sold to season ticket holders + who knows how many in the home end versus 1,300

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very similar comparison, away to a mid table team from the league above

9,000 sold to season ticket holders + who knows how many in the home end versus 1,300

I wonder how many we could have sold? I know many SC holders, and no SC holders, myself included that didn't get tickets, our own fault for taking too long but we don't have tickets regardless. I reckon we could have taken 5 figures in all honesty.

Edited by Ska Junkie

49 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't take long but cracking reply!

Screenshot_20240106_173633_Samsung Internet.jpg

He should ask his Norwich supporting mates how long it’ll be before they overtake “da shit” again (they must be pretty old if they can remember the last time that happened) once they’ve stood on the terraces at the Mem and visited the toilets. 

• Haha 4