IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I think you'll find that their full name is Promotion Chasing Bristol Rovers.

©Bristol Post.

Unable to be referred to or described as Bristol Rovers Play off push.

Perhaps that should currently be upgraded to include their assault on a historic Double.

Promotion & the FA Cup in 1 season would be marvellous for them..!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

You just have to look at the way our views compare to theirs.

We are 4 points off the play off places & the general feeling on here (although very jekyll & Hyde, based on the last result) is that our chairman is a clown for believing we could be a top 6 contender & the general outlook from threads is frustrated & negative.

Rovers are 12 points off the top 6, closer to the drop zone than the play offs - yet they always seem to refer to their play-off push & how they are better than everyone that beats them..!

That’s because they’re desperate to be in the same league as us . Although only from fans 30 or above that can actually remember those days 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s because they’re desperate to be in the same league as us . Although only from fans 30 or above that can actually remember those days 

They'd probably prefer us to get relegated, rather than get promoted themselves though..!

I think they genuinely hate us more than they actually like their own club..!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You just have to look at the way our views compare to theirs.

We are 4 points off the play off places & the general feeling on here (although very jekyll & Hyde, based on the last result) is that our chairman is a clown for believing we could be a top 6 contender & the general outlook from threads is frustrated & negative.

Rovers are 12 points off the top 6, closer to the drop zone than the play offs - yet they always seem to refer to their play-off push & how they are better than everyone that beats them..!

It’s some kind of collective psychological disorder.

We are a dysfunctional family club.

But Alf has experience of building a Best Western hotel so he’ll soon sort us out.

42 minutes ago, bert tann said:

It’s some kind of collective psychological disorder.

We are a dysfunctional family club.

But Alf has experience of building a Best Western hotel so he’ll soon sort us out.

Or a club made up of people from dysfunctional families....

On 06/01/2024 at 08:52, Red Army 75 said:

Ye majority, more than half the fan base. You don’t agree fair enough, seeing you know 4 Gasheads. 

Oh, ok - so you do know more than half their fan base - so you know what the majority of their fans think about any issue regarding their club - sounds plausible ... 🤣

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2024 at 10:42, BS3City said:

I'd be embarrassed to admit I know 4 Sags...

Really? Bit pathetic don’t you think? I think quite a few City fans have Rovers fans in their lives and social circles - I wouldn’t pretend to know how many but if you live in Bristol and don’t know any Sags - then you probably haven’t been past your front door ...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

******* hell, 11th in the league but they’re the best side in the league. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_5994.jpeg

I don’t know if it’s because they support the minor club in the city but some of the comments are there are frankly completely mental.

Every week on their pre match thread the majority of them predict they’ll win, even if they’re away to a Derby or Barnsley.

There seems to be some groupthink that honestly believes they are the best side in the division.

I know the local media seem to perpetuate they are consistently unlucky but even so..

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I don’t know if it’s because they support the minor club in the city but some of the comments are there are frankly completely mental.

Every week on their pre match thread the majority of them predict they’ll win, even if they’re away to a Derby or Barnsley.

There seems to be some groupthink that honestly believes they are the best side in the division.

I know the local media seem to perpetuate they are consistently unlucky but even so..

That opinion comes across so strongly in their forum, that I think, if by some miracle they did get promoted, their "forum expectations" would be getting to the Championship playoffs at least.

While any club doing "a Luton" is a possibility, it really is the exception. I hope if they did get promoted, they'd follow the Yeovil model.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Yeah imagine we stay where we are and, say,Bournemouth stayed in the Prem for the next 20 years. We wouldn’t like it, but the truth would be that they were MUCH bigger than us. That is how Rovers are right now. They may be in denial, but they would be embarrassed in the Championship. 

You have to remember they have 3 old x city rejects in first team Wilson ( played for us about 20 years ago ) hunt and Martin plus they have 5 players from other teams .So their fans are supporting XCity and other teams from around U.K. end of season these players go back and they have to start again .That wouldn’t get you 10 points in championship + the cost of championship would kill em -max 11000 when stand is eventually open per week they’d have to charge £50 ticket just to survive :laugh:

• Like 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I honestly don't know why anyone actually cares what they think

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They'd probably prefer us to get relegated, rather than get promoted themselves though..!

I think they genuinely hate us more than they actually like their own club..!

This is  correct. They held a poll a few years back; "Which would you prefer;Rovers staying where they are and City in the Prem, or both  clubs in League 2"? The majority opted for both clubs in League 2.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

This is  correct. They held a poll a few years back; "Which would you prefer;Rovers staying where they are and City in the Prem, or both  clubs in League 2"? The majority opted for both clubs in League 2.

They would be happy in the Conference South as long as they were one place above us...its their mentality.

• Like 1

If there was a poll or survey to be done it would be really interesting to know the age demographic of the 2 clubs.

Whilst I think it unhealthy for clubs to have a boom and bust approach, in the absence of anything above L1 for them for so long, the risk is that the attending fans just get older without any next generation.

Anecdotes on here suggest that this is already the case.

We can all see how much more Championship football gets exposure on TV.

On 12/01/2024 at 06:23, W-S-M Seagull said:

Did you and your club stick with the rugby fans when you effectively stole their ground off of them during a time when they were struggling financially? Did you bugger! You all rubbed your greedy grubby hands together at getting a ground on the cheap without a thought for the rugby fans. Even made the rugby chairman a life long president didn't you? Your fans celebrated with much joy about the rugby club falling into financial trouble which meant you could con them out of their own ground. This is of course after they allowed you to return to Bristol. 

You essentially stole that ground. Your club then tried to claim the ground isn't a war memorial (it is) and you tried to sell it off and have that war memorial demolished to be a Sainsburys. Your fans didn't give a crap about that either. Didn't stand with the locals who didn't want a Sainsburys there either. 

Your club also tried to steal our stadium in 82. You also prevented the council from helping us out. 

So as someone who follows the rugby club too, you'll never ever see me standing with your fans over any issues. In fact you'll find me lying on the floor pissing myself, just like I did when you got relegated to Non league by a team who had nothing to play for and who were wearing your own kit. 

Oh and what did Hollowhead once say on that open top bus that all your fans cheered? "The only good City fan is a dead City fan" wasn't it? 

You seem one of the 'decent' ones but I am absolutely flabbergasted that you are asking for our support over your clubs cock up

I'm pleased to hear that you've got a ticket for your cup final to watch a team that have already visited Ashton Gate twice this season and who we have played quite regularly over the years. 

I'm not asking for your support. The balls up over the Norwich game is something Rovers need to sort out- and seemingly have. My comment was meant much more generally. Companies like Ticketmaster, Ifollow , Sky etc are taking over large aspects of our game to the extent that many aspects of it we grew up with and still want are disappearing. The ability to decide to attend a match 'on the day' is increasingly difficult, I think , with a coordinated effort from fans from all divisions, we have a btter chance of resisting those changes.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If there was a poll or survey to be done it would be really interesting to know the age demographic of the 2 clubs.

Whilst I think it unhealthy for clubs to have a boom and bust approach, in the absence of anything above L1 for them for so long, the risk is that the attending fans just get older without any next generation.

Anecdotes on here suggest that this is already the case.

We can all see how much more Championship football gets exposure on TV.

It'll be interesting to see the breakdown of our ST and member sales.

I seem to remember reading that we had similar u-12 ST sales as their total ST sales.

The only figures I can see published were the total ST sales of 15k, but no figures for half ST and memberships (something around 6k memberships I read on here).

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I seem to remember reading that we had similar u-12 ST sales as their total ST sales.

The only figures I can see published were the total ST sales of 15k, but no figures for half ST and memberships (something around 6k memberships I read on here).

At the risk of sticking up for them, you have to remember that the U12 sales for us are a bit inflated because they’re so cheap and you get the free shirt. I was getting my son a ST way before he wanted to come down regularly and I know someone who buys a ST for their niece - doesn’t go down, never will - just so they don’t have anyone sat next to them!

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

At the risk of sticking up for them, you have to remember that the U12 sales for us are a bit inflated because they’re so cheap and you get the free shirt. I was getting my son a ST way before he wanted to come down regularly and I know someone who buys a ST for their niece - doesn’t go down, never will - just so they don’t have anyone sat next to them!

That needs to be stopped imo, particularly if we get our act together and demand increases. If somebody buys a cheap season ticket and it is literally never used "because they don't want someone sat next to them" the club needs to step in there and say "sorry pal, that ticket is/was never used and is now for general sale to someone who will appreciate it and if that means you no longer buy a season ticket yourself then be our guest and bugger off". Why should the club be £250-£300 down, if the demand is there, because some selfish ***** wants to sit by themselves? Have they got a Body Odour issue or something?

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

41 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In previous and recent years we have generally sold the same number of full price adult (so excluding the +65/U25, U22, U19, U12 and any other concessions) STs as they have total STs.

Season 22/23 we sold roughly 6.5k full price STs. Roughly 45% of our total ST numbers are "full price adult".

32 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That needs to be stopped imo, particularly if we get our act together and demand increases. If somebody buys a cheap season ticket and it is literally never used "because they don't want someone sat next to them" the club needs to step in there and say "sorry pal, that ticket is/was never used and is now for general sale to someone who will appreciate it and if that means you no longer buy a season ticket yourself then be our guest and bugger off". Why should the club be £250-£300 down, if the demand is there, because some selfish ***** wants to sit by themselves? Have they got a Body Odour issue or something?

They might be a fat bastard, of course ? 😉

• Haha 3

On 14/01/2024 at 12:22, chinapig said:

I think you'll find that their full name is Promotion Chasing Bristol Rovers.

©Bristol Post.

Yes. Not surprising that their attitude is often on the sunny/optimistic side, given the positive spin from the local media on almost any story involving them. Contrast with the more negative slant reflected in most of the City stories. I'm sure it's not me. Is it??

49 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In previous and recent years we have generally sold the same number of full price adult (so excluding the +65/U25, U22, U19, U12 and any other concessions) STs as they have total STs.

Season 22/23 we sold roughly 6.5k full price STs. Roughly 45% of our total ST numbers are "full price adult".

Around what I thought, roughly 50% concessions with most being in the under age brackets from observation inside the ground..

Lots of future supporters.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Yes. Not surprising that their attitude is often on the sunny/optimistic side, given the positive spin from the local media on almost any story involving them. Contrast with the more negative slant reflected in most of the City stories. I'm sure it's not me. Is it??

Go on any Rovers site and you'll find accusations of media bias towards City. Go on any Celtic or Rangers site and you'll find each accusing their local media of bias towards their rivals. I'd hazard a guess that this is repeated in any two  team city.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Go on any Rovers site and you'll find accusations of media bias towards City. Go on any Celtic or Rangers site and you'll find each accusing their local media of bias towards their rivals. I'd hazard a guess that this is repeated in any two  team city.

I get what you're saying, back when Roger Malone ruled the local airwaves , both teams accused him of bias which was good work by him. What I think gets flagged on here a lot is the fawning over everything your lot do. Nothing to do with anti City stuff, more like when Wael did his press thing with his £15k watch, they couldn't get enough of it or him, the billionaire ! They never checked or challenged that for ages. They bang on about the fantastic numbers and noise in the away support, however many go or however quiet they are, we get a little of that but from the in house Club TV. The actual Press are supposed to deal in facts , not act as the cheerleader wing of the supporters Club. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I get what you're saying, back when Roger Malone ruled the local airwaves , both teams accused him of bias which was good work by him. What I think gets flagged on here a lot is the fawning over everything your lot do. Nothing to do with anti City stuff, more like when Wael did his press thing with his £15k watch, they couldn't get enough of it or him, the billionaire ! They never checked or challenged that for ages. They bang on about the fantastic numbers and noise in the away support, however many go or however quiet they are, we get a little of that but from the in house Club TV. The actual Press are supposed to deal in facts , not act as the cheerleader wing of the supporters Club. 

Things like this have aged well over the last 8 years (February 2016) ....

FqPuw9MXoAEDMSa.jpg

Mind The Gap!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1