IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes, I literally just said we have them. Although personally find them a bit dull (burgers etc), bring back the Mexican van IMO.

Anyway my main point is it's not a stick to beat Rovers with, it's a good thing!

The Mexican stand was the best food down there and nothings got close to it since

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Thank you! I did think the same when I read the original post tbf, but couldn't be arsed to comment. The Jerk King is great food , the more clubs that do this the better , football food does not have to be shite.

Yeah the point was more about the "We're taking a holiday, we can't be arsed to cater for you for the full season".

• Like 1

Promotion chasing Bristol Rovers are 12 points off the play-off places.

Incidentally, relegation threatened Bristol Rovers are 12 points off the drop zone.

Glass half full Saggies and Journo’s obviously 

In other news mediocre Bristol City 1982 Ltd are 4 points off the playoffs and 14 points off the drop zone.

Going backwards gurt Ted’s mind 

🤣🎁

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Promotion chasing Bristol Rovers are 12 points off the play-off places.

Incidentally, relegation threatened Bristol Rovers are 12 points off the drop zone.

Glass half full Saggies and Journo’s obviously 

In other news mediocre Bristol City 1982 Ltd are 4 points off the playoffs and 14 points off the drop zone.

Going backwards gurt Ted’s mind 

🤣🎁

15 points off the play off places..

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

15 points off the play off places..

No problem.

Once the 15 point gap has been reached they automatically become ‘Promotion hopeful Bristol Rovers’.

Once they’re back within 15 points they can return to ‘chasing’ with a large dollop of “something speshul is happening ere”.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No problem.

Once the 15 point gap has been reached they automatically become ‘Promotion hopeful Bristol Rovers’.

Once they’re back within 15 points they can return to ‘chasing’ with a large dollop of “something speshul is happening ere”.

They'll truly be the 15rs.

Just stayed over to Gaschat....

I am staggered at the confidence of their fanbase as to how their game against a Championship side is likely to go. Granted there are a few realists, but most of them seem to have this as some sort of formality.

Obviously, no idea how the game will go, what sort of sides either club will put out, but the Fewers seem convinced that this game doesn't mean much to Norwich.

How they've arrived at that conclusion is still something of a mystery. 

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I am staggered at the confidence of their fanbase as to how their game against a Championship side is likely to go. Granted there are a few realists, but most of them seem to have this as some sort of formality.

Obviously, no idea how the game will go, what sort of sides either club will put out, but the Fewers seem convinced that this game doesn't mean much to Norwich.

I'll give you that, we have a chance obviously, but no more than that, its more than possible that it could be over by half time. Fair play to you ******* last night, totally deserved. Even wth a tenner on you at 3/1, I still couldn't bring myself to raise a smile though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I'll give you that, we have a chance obviously, but no more than that, its more than possible that it could be over by half time. Fair play to you ******* last night, totally deserved. Even wth a tenner on you at 3/1, I still couldn't bring myself to raise a smile though.

That's your car park season ticket paid for so not all bad.......................

• Haha 4

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Well you can’t blow you winnings on a lovely Chicken Jerk,Pasty is is then.

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Norwich are 2 points off the play offs in the Championship, the prize of winning tonight’s game is a trip to a ground they already visit every few years where they normally get beat.

I think anyone expecting Norwich to bust a gut tonight in an effort to clog up their own fixture list after they’ve got themselves back into Championship PO contention is going to be very disappointed.

This has got ‘upset’ written all over it, if Rovers don’t go through I’ll eat my own nuts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Norwich are 2 points off the play offs in the Championship, the prize of winning tonight’s game is a trip to a ground they already visit every few years where they normally get beat.

I think anyone expecting Norwich to bust a gut tonight in an effort to clog up their own fixture list after they’ve got themselves back into Championship PO contention is going to be very disappointed.

This has got ‘upset’ written all over it, if Rovers don’t go through I’ll eat my own nuts.

Well according to some sags,if Norwich win then that’s the giant killing.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Impeccable logic Pete, but never underestimate their ability to find a way to cock it up.

• Like 2

Great clickbait from the Irish Mirror .....

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/what-time-tv-channel-bristol-31897090

What time and TV channel is Bristol Rovers v Norwich in FA Cup? Streaming options and betting odds

Where and when is it?

The Memorial Stadium, Bristol on Wednesday 17th January 2024.

When is kick-off?

Kick-off is at 7:45pm.

What channel is it on?

The match is not being shown live on TV.

Can I stream the game?

Unfortunately the match is not being streamed.

So how can I watch the game?

You will just have to watch from the car park with all the thousands who will be locked out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I see both matches as similar in terms of gap in status between teams so if your lot get stuck in why not another upset?

I havent betted on you mind 😁

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/155186-team-for-rovers-replay/

Has to be full strength. A lucrative tie at Liverpool awaits. Wagner really can't balls this up.

Tbf could be called off yet, frozen pitch, no undersoil heating and freezing temps all week .

Good point. Due to be sub zero in Bristol come kick off time 

That would be annoying. Could they move it to Ashton Gate? I'd imagine that has under soil heating 

Just taking this to its logical extension, if postponed, will it have to be played the following mid-week so the Leeds match gets moved? Surely Klopp would be ranting if the postponed match was re-scheduled for the FA Cup weekend so Liverpool have to squeeze another match into their already hectic schedule?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

Only allowed 50% capacity according to the Post

Well these things do take time.

Definite improvement mind.

Is the floodlighting also at 50% pitch coverage ? Heard the new stand has had an effect. Be a laugh if that gets picked up on tv 😁