IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

That’s not quite how it works Weepywall. The attendance will of course be claimed as over 10,000 but the correct process with their attendances is to start with the actual much lower attendance and gradually increase it over a number of posts until the fictional figure is arrived at and made into a ‘fact’

Perhaps they should just go for "Potential Attendance", which would dispense with any of the usual restricting factors such as: ground capacity, balloon fiestas, school fates, the truth.....

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bristol Rovers kit in front of Nazi Flag.

IMG_2307.jpeg

The notices are in Polish and German. A few years ago a Rovers fan on holiday in Poland visited the museum at Auschwitz. When he came out he had a photo taken of himself holding a flag "Aushwitz Gas" posted on gaschat.

Perhaps this is the same person.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

The notices are in Polish and German. A few years ago a Rovers fan on holiday in Poland visited the museum at Auschwitz. When he came out he had a photo taken of himself holding a flag "Aushwitz Gas" posted on gaschat.

Perhaps this is the same person.

This is insane, as is the photo. If it is the same person it’s odd because I’m sure he got criticism before, so is he doing this to own the lefties if so?

• Admin
34 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Ugh, Irene's has gone all crusty now. Blue waffle anyone? 

(warning, if you Google this phrase it may contain offensive images 😱

Luckily the pictures didn't match the description 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boring Sag said:

This is insane, as is the photo. If it is the same person it’s odd because I’m sure he got criticism before, so is he doing this to own the lefties if so?

He got a shitload of criticism from all angles, which isn’t surprising considering he posted the picture of himself wearing a Rovers top holding a Rovers flag next to the Auschwitz sign on Twitter with the caption “Auschwitz Gas”. This however appears to be a different person.

I don’t know what goes through some peoples heads to be honest? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, adamski said:

Perhaps they should just go for "Potential Attendance", which would dispense with any of the usual restricting factors such as: ground capacity, balloon fiestas, school fates, the truth.....

dont forget tb,mastitis and mad cow disease

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

They have a whole thread dedicated to attendances and a competition across the season, which I find bizarre. 

Someone on there claimed the attendance was 8000 including 500 from Blackpool, and asked where everyone was from Wednesday. They were immediately labelled as a 💩 though. 🤣

Which is strange as he was more or less correct...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He got a shitload of criticism from all angles, which isn’t surprising considering he posted the picture of himself wearing a Rovers top holding a Rovers flag next to the Auschwitz sign on Twitter with the caption “Auschwitz Gas”. This however appears to be a different person.

Worth repeating that, he got as much shit from Fewers as he did anyone else.

And right enough.

25 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

8,013. 😆

Less than 8k slags.

So let me get this straight….

They’ve now got the higher capacity that their fans have been saying they’ve needed desperately for years to accommodate their ‘massive’ ‘loyal’ support and their attendance has gone DOWN? 🤣

Idiots.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

From the Pikeys forum;

Overall attendance : 8,013
Blackpool following : 561.

Yeah but, no but, if the stadium was bigger they would get more init. They really needed that 20,000 Fruit Market Aren Bowl to fulfil their massive potential . 

I very much doubt that it's still a thing these days (although I know it used to be, several generations ago)

Bit could their even lower that usual attendance be down to both of us being home on the same day & are some people going to their games just as a form of local football when we are away..? As soon as there is a choice, it's Ashton Gate that those people actually head for.?

7,500 home fans, on the opening day of their new cowshed, seems absurdly low.!

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Wonder if the new 'stand' will survive this breeze we've got outside currently 

Hopefully not 🫰

Will somebody have stacked away the plastic patio chairs aswell - or are they risking a massive reduction in capacity for their next game. 

• Haha 1

Official excuse;

5 out of the next 6 were home games so they had to pick and choose the best ones. 

Blackpool, Exeter, Oxford (then Exeter away) Fleetwood & Burton.

Exeter and Oxford should fill the shed and they'll get a big crowd for the "Joey Barton derby" 

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I very much doubt that it's still a thing these days (although I know it used to be, several generations ago)

Bit could their even lower that usual attendance be down to both of us being home on the same day & are some people going to their games just as a form of local football when we are away..? As soon as there is a choice, it's Ashton Gate that those people actually head for.?

7,500 home fans, on the opening day of their new cowshed, seems absurdly low.!

No, I think you are right, I said in an earlier post that they would never admit it, but there are floating fans like students and people working in the area that will just go for their football fix. 

It's not like they priced it to compete either, wasn't a seat in their new stand about the same as walk up ticket to our game?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Just wind if you're a sag

• Like 1