IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

They've had to slash prices for tomorrow too in order to meet the 75% requirement for a test event...

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/20242/january/10-tickets-v-exeter/

**** me, they are so tinpot.

Ground that holds what? 10k?

Have to reduce prices to £10 to get it 75% full.

Pathetic club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mayes86 said:

I’ve just read from a gas head I know that the pillars aren’t staying in their new sta…….cowshed. 

not sure how he’s worked that out 

🤣 - what !?!

In all the pictures I have seen there is defintely no cantilever structure. Not even the gas could be so stupid as to do that.

This was it being built...
0_TCR_BRI280923SouthStandBRIJPG.jpg

The plans
South-Stand-CGI-image-Bristol-Rovers-800

Its pretty clear the pillars support a beam
Medium

Edited by cityal

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

🤣 - what !?!

In all the pictures I have seen there is defintely no cantilever structure. Not even the gas could be so stupid as to do that.

This was it being built...
0_TCR_BRI280923SouthStandBRIJPG.jpg

The plans
South-Stand-CGI-image-Bristol-Rovers-800

Its pretty clear the pillars support a beam
Medium

South-Stand-CGI-image-Bristol-Rovers-800x450.jpg

No they don't, that's total bollox.............go ahead and remove them, PLEASE !

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

They've had to slash prices for tomorrow too in order to meet the 75% requirement for a test event...

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/20242/january/10-tickets-v-exeter/

This is mind blowing !  Just when you think they’ve stopped doing anything hilariously s**t they go and outdo themselves again.  Incredible.  There cannot be another club in the country like them surely. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TinMan's left peg said:

This is mind blowing !  Just when you think they’ve stopped doing anything hilariously s**t they go and outdo themselves again.  Incredible.  There cannot be another club in the country like them surely. 

There's not another club that wants to be like them

On 21/01/2024 at 19:51, Port Said Red said:

No, I think you are right, I said in an earlier post that they would never admit it, but there are floating fans like students and people working in the area that will just go for their football fix. 

It's not like they priced it to compete either, wasn't a seat in their new stand about the same as walk up ticket to our game?

Bristol Uni now has a Bristol Manor Farm society!

At least a dozen students picked them over going to Rovers on Saturday 

Actually quite a low turnout compared to normal from the students, sometimes there's between 20 and 30

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

Apparently the club president said the pillars won’t be staying. All becoming clear why they cocked up the planning application as the don’t know how structures and gravity works 😂 

IMG_7637.png

Ah "the president said" the pillars would be removed!! I bet no evidence or link can be found for Wael saying this.

So it is basically from the same source as their magically increasing attendance figures - gas logic

GIF by Giphy QA

53 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

A structural engineer does the maths for the steel/support beams/RSJ etc to ensures your build can support itself.

I'm sure he'd be cool about pillars possibly being removed 😳

Not a problem. Just fit a few skyhooks, job's a good 'un!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cityal said:

Ah "the president said" the pillars would be removed!! I bet no evidence or link can be found for Wael saying this.

So it is basically from the same source as their magically increasing attendance figures - gas logic

GIF by Giphy QA

I assume what "El Presidente" might have said would be "It's only temporary and eventually we will be looking to replace it with one without pillars. 

However, if you look at cantilever stands, they require a lot more space at the rear of the construction, do they have that?

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I assume what "El Presidente" might have said would be "It's only temporary and eventually we will be looking to replace it with one without pillars. 

However, if you look at cantilever stands, they require a lot more space at the rear of the construction, do they have that?

Space…..money…..planning permission…….land ownership. When have these mere trifles ever bothered them in their never ending ambitions for ground development? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I suspect this is the case. As it stands, there is not enough room to build a cantilever stand at that end of the ground.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

Apparently the club president said the pillars won’t be staying. All becoming clear why they cocked up the planning application as the don’t know how structures and gravity works 😂 

IMG_7637.png

Unreal if the club president actually did say those pillars are coming out.  

I suspect the reason they got retrospective planning permission is due to that stand being a temporary structure.  They’ll prove just how temporary that thing is, if any mug tries to take out those pillars, as it would probably flat pack itself!!!

Only way they’d get away with that is by building some kind of ‘goal post’ type structure in front of it to provide the support, but that wouldn’t be temporary.

11 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Good question - there was previously leeway for "local promotions" in the EFL rules which allowed home fans to be charged less for (I think) 3 games per season but it now says that "There are no Local Promotions permitted under the Regulation as per previous seasons".

See 35.3.11 - https://www.efl.com/governance/regulations/

So are they in breach, and if so does anyone know Exeter fans to check if they are aware of this?

Be awful for our neighbours if they had to stump up compo wouldnt it...

22 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Interesting to know how they measure the crowd for a test event. The weather forecast is very grim tonight and might put off some of their faithful from going. Do they measure tickets sold or actual people through the gates?

Same as all clubs, tickets sold I would think.

20 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Interesting to know how they measure the crowd for a test event. The weather forecast is very grim tonight and might put off some of their faithful from going. Do they measure tickets sold or actual people through the gates?

Whichever is higher. With any normal club you’d think they’d have sold more tickets than there are people in the ‘stadium’, but don’t forget the friendly turnstile operator who’ll let you in for a tenner. I’m led to believe he made most of his money by charging £20 to be let back out! 

22 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I’m not an expert but if I was the safety professional I’d be insisting on boots through the door and have somebody recording that with a clicker as they entered the ‘concourse’. I’m not sure how you could conclude it was safe with 75% occupation unless you actually had that amount of people. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I’m not an expert but if I was the safety professional I’d be insisting on boots through the door and have somebody recording that with a clicker as they entered the ‘concourse’. I’m not sure how you could conclude it was safe with 75% occupation unless you actually had that amount of people. 

Kind of my thoughts too. They might have to rent a crowd, a bit like film extras on a set.

How much would you demand to be paid to go?

• Haha 1