IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Interesting to know how they measure the crowd for a test event. The weather forecast is very grim tonight and might put off some of their faithful from going. Do they measure tickets sold or actual people through the gates?

They’re talking about giving Oxford more blocks on Saturday just so they can fill the stand….the stand THEY said they needed to accommodate THEIR ‘huge’ fanbase 🤣

The gift.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They’re talking about giving Oxford more blocks on Saturday just so they can fill the stand….the stand THEY said they needed to accommodate THEIR ‘huge’ fanbase 🤣

The gift.

They're just a sh#t MK Dons!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cityal said:

They're just a sh#t MK Dons!

Whatever we think of MK, their ground is so far ahead of the jumble sale collection of structures that passes for a football ground in North Bristol it is untrue.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Same as all clubs, tickets sold I would think.

That's how clubs measure it. However, I'm not sure the safety certificate people would take the same view. The whole point is to test how it works with people in it! If they sell 3000 tickets, but only 1500 turn up, that's not going to tell the safety authority any more than they learnt last week!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

That's the reason no one could find Row M - the lid was loose and some of the paint leaked out.

Did you leave some blue and white quartered paint there too? 🤔

It would be hilarious if they failed their test event as not enough people turned up. #BIGASCITY....NOT. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

Just now, GrahamC said:

Whatever we think of MK, their ground is so far ahead of the jumble sale collection of structures that passes for a football ground in North Bristol it is untrue.

Much as I dislike MK, their ground is really good, isn't it? One of the best 'new' grounds for me, and certainly one of the best lower league ones.

And you can hear the PA!!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, cityal said:

🤣 - what !?!

In all the pictures I have seen there is defintely no cantilever structure. Not even the gas could be so stupid as to do that.

This was it being built...
0_TCR_BRI280923SouthStandBRIJPG.jpg

The plans
South-Stand-CGI-image-Bristol-Rovers-800

Its pretty clear the pillars support a beam
Medium

I be5 it will be snug in there tonight with these winds and rain , would laugh my arse off if the roof blew off ,the way the roof is designed if the winds blowing from behind the blackthorn end and it’s raining you would get soaked right up to the back few rows , imagine that all sat right at the back in there brand new Tottenham replica stadium 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Much as I dislike MK, their ground is really good, isn't it? One of the best 'new' grounds for me, and certainly one of the best lower league ones.

Even better when Kodjia scores both in a 2-0 win..

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Of all the new grounds (I've yet to visit Spurs, Brentford & Wimbledon) it is the only one I've thought didn't look like it had come out of a StadiumsRuS  catalogue. Very impressive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Did you leave some blue and white quartered paint there too? 🤔

It would be hilarious if they failed their test event as not enough people turned up. #BIGASCITY....NOT. 

Especially when, just a few days ago, there was genuine talk of "taking 10,000 to Anfield".

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The only similarity is that like Rovers, their stadium is too big for them

28 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The gift.

They really are a little tinpot outfit. Embarrassment to Bristol 

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Couldn't they just use dummies to fill 75% of the stand? It's not as if anyone would notice the difference.

Maybe we could lend them a couple of thousand of people to test the safety...maybe we could really thoroughly test it...maybe we'd find it to be faulty and dangerous. Maybe.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And we used to laugh at Oxford's Manor Ground. For you young 'uns, three stands on one side of the pitch.

Like many old grounds, The Manor Ground was unique. It had four sides like most stadia in England, but each stand looked as though it had come from different grounds around the country.

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Of all the new grounds (I've yet to visit Spurs, Brentford & Wimbledon) it is the only one I've thought didn't look like it had come out of a StadiumsRuS  catalogue. Very impressive.

Sorry to bring up the fruit market story Miah, but if the MKD stadium was the sort of build hoped for, what would the cost be in today's money do you reckon?