IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Wouldn't surprise me;

"Disaster waiting to happen. Some major defects ready to unveil themselves apparently - to do with drainpipes or something 🤣"

"I got into so much trouble about that from the person that told me. Glad I didn't say any more."

Struck me today that it must be nearly 25 years since they were last above us? Sadly it’s not quite the full 1/4 century and we are entering the 24th year of utter dominance. Now can’t get out of my head

theres just one team in bristol

thats all you need to know

theres a team that plays in filton

but I just don’t want to know

because for 24 years we’ve been looking down on the rovers

(rovers? Who the **** are rovers)

OTIB.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Wouldn't surprise me;

"Disaster waiting to happen. Some major defects ready to unveil themselves apparently - to do with drainpipes or something 🤣"

"I got into so much trouble about that from the person that told me. Glad I didn't say any more."

Not the dodgy drainpipes again...

A7C3274C-0F68-407A-A209-784204252E65.thumb.jpeg.83c3730d9f70dbba72a11bc6e359adb1.jpeg.8878f51d4049ef7d23885667ab3bd620.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Wouldn't surprise me;

Turns out the championship ready sprinklers are actually leaky downspouts 

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

If need be Rovers could ask people on the uncovered Pop Terrace if they would like to go into the South Stand.
It would show the club cares about fans in addition to helping to increase capacity.

#gaslogic

Well they are the family club after all so showing their caring side should come naturally to them (only if it helps them of course) 

Edited by lenred

17 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incredible 🤣

No wonder their new owners don’t want to spend money on a proper stadium if they’re having to slash prices just to fill 75% of their brand new stand. By this time tomorrow night Wally might have to walk up Filton Ave knocking on doors asking for volunteers.

Potential new excuse as well, they’ve used rain before but now…

Edit: DOUBLE new excuse klaxon! 🚨📯

1) Windy

2) There are other home games coming up.

IMG_0853.jpeg

We may mock [often] but "windy" is a consideration [& its not the backdraft they experience pulling out of their nan's rear] all those temporary tenty structures and white plastic chairs blowing around quicker than Chris Martin running down the wing must be quite scary.

• Haha 2

"Match day experience of queuing for a 1970s throwback of catering and facilities in this weather or sat at home on ifollow. You can see where the attraction is for a lot of people."

Not even a brand new stand (with seats) can tempt them to attend

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

Build it and they wont be able to give away the seats

Where is the incentive for the owners to invest in further improvements? That's a question they should all be asking themselves, but they're not because they assume that they will do it because they "love the gas, innit". 

32 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"Match day experience of queuing for a 1970s throwback of catering and facilities in this weather or sat at home on ifollow. You can see where the attraction is for a lot of people."

Not even a brand new stand (with seats) can tempt them to attend

So the test events prove the safety aspects but the new stand is, in a way, a test for the supporter base too. I imagine the new owner will take an interest in the response and then judge the need for further spending from there.

Probably a free pass tonight based on the weather forecast. On a sunny day in April he will want to see more demand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Someone might want to educate this one...

"The Teds have a much better ground, play in the championship... but guess what, they can't fill Trashton either."

Ok, I’ll do it…

Sold out Ashton Gate twice in 11 days with a 23k+ crowd in the middle.

Its like Sagheads enjoy looking stupid. 🤣

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Someone might want to educate this one...

"The Teds have a much better ground, play in the championship... but guess what, they can't fill Trashton either."

Obviously, like all things to do with them and us, there is no comparison.

Our average is 22,179 so far this season which is just over 82% capacity.

Their meagre average is currently 8,039 which is 73% capacity (based on 11k capacity, probs more now with their massive new cow shed)

Why do they keep shooting themselves in the foot ?

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ok, I’ll do it…

Sold out Ashton Gate twice in 11 days with a 23k+ crowd in the middle.

Its like Sagheads enjoy looking stupid. 🤣

That fact that we more than double their figure for every game hasn't registered yet

I'm not even mentioning the Rugby or the Girls

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Obviously, like all things to do with them and us, there is no comparison.

Our average is 22,179 so far this season which is just over 82% capacity.

Their meagre average is currently 8,039 which is 73% capacity (based on 11k capacity, probs more now with their massive new cow shed)

Why do they keep shooting themselves in the foot ?

This is like Four In A Bed on Channel 4.

The Fewers underpaid by £16, giving them 82% of the total bill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Natchfever said:

So are they in breach, and if so does anyone know Exeter fans to check if they are aware of this?

Be awful for our neighbours if they had to stump up compo wouldnt it...

It’s been noted on the Exeter fans forum. An email to R####s is mentioned (good luck with that!) and the hope that Exeter will take it up with them too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They’re talking about giving Oxford more blocks on Saturday just so they can fill the stand….the stand THEY said they needed to accommodate THEIR ‘huge’ fanbase 🤣

The gift.

Not just talking: doing it now!

400 “extra” tickets now available to Oxford.

£29 😂😂😂 with a generous £4 reduction for seniors! Thats more than we usually pay away! 

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

£29 😂😂😂 with a generous £4 reduction for seniors! Thats more than we usually pay away! 

Oxford have sold out their terrace allocation so all extra sales are in the Shed End (with apologies to Chelsea)

Tickets to be collected from the Santas Grotto ticket booth

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So they can't get enough home supporters to buy tickets in the cow shed,  so they're trying to sell extra tickets to away supporters for £29 ?

Embarrassing.

Seems to now be a suggestion that due to inclement weather everyone attending will crowd into the new stand in order to tip it over the 75% required for the test.

So, just to confirm.

The entire crowd might just about fill 75% of one stand.

Need a bigger stadium lads.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2