IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

7468  ( 512 )

South Stand 62%

Yep, thanks for posting, as painful as it probably was.

A reality check for fans and owners alike.

Between you and me I expect that if this test event had been on a warm Saturday in September, with the cheaper tickets, 75% fill would have been achieved.

Hence this comes down to the back room planning of the stand. If the stand had been planned correctly you wouldn't have a test event in the middle of a storm in January.

There is probably a joke somewhere about the stand being busy due to cattle being kept indoors in winter, but as it is you Bert, we will leave that for another time.

It’s not just transfers.

As 81 says there’s contractors not being paid. 

The facilities at the new south stand were a joke last night. 

Food outlet closed as no way of making payment. New toilets with barely visible signs on them and no soap or paper towels to wash and dry your hands. No coffee as there was no hot water. 

The milk in my coffee at the Blackpool game was off and absolutely rancid. 

These are just the basics.

Then you have the state of the recruitment department and the ever shrinking number of staff causing people to take on the work of 3 people. 

It’s early days but the signs aren’t good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

How could the away numbers have only been 512 when they’d sold 803 2 days before the game? 

Is the 512 the ones counted into their cowshed ?

Dunno, they don't post attendance figures as far as I can make out - unless its 10k+ of course.

Edited by bcfc01

£32 for a concession ticket to watch 3rd division football ?

No wonder their attendances are abysmal.

"Seniors ticket for Oxford game - Sat 27 Jan - seat in West Stand. Sell at face value - £32. E ticket. Perhaps DM me."

Sag.png.f9e9a1154d5a08a546f05ed29be37ca3.png

🤣 Asschat 🎁

Honestly, it's better than therapy over there.

More pennies dropping than the Weston Amusement Arcade

Team is shit, Ground is shit, Nobody wants to join them (players or staff), no talk of the play-offs just the fear of relegation, infighting on the board, selling the ground and Da Quarters for profit, it's the end of the world as they know it.

We've known it for decades.....thick inbred *****!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Living local to the Mem, I can assure you that 'most Gas live local' isn't true.

You see more kids wearing City shirts walking around Gloucester Road than you do kids in Fewer shirts.

Having also lived near the Mem I agree, it was great to see other City fans on Gainsborough Square waiting for the bus to the Gate and I never saw too many Gas shirts around.

When I said ‘local’ though I meant Bristol in general, ie they didn’t have to drive up the Motorway or worry about the last train south being cancelled due to weather related issues.

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Fair shout for posting those figures Bert👍Serious question as you’re of the blue and white persuasion though.

I thought the fans were getting really excited about their first new stand in literally generations, so would have been clamouring to actually try it out.  How the hell after announcing it as a test event with the benefit of a local derby, then reducing ticket prices to try to get people in, do they still manage to fall so far short of the 75% minimum?

You always come across as sound as a pound when you come on here and are always welcome.  The following comments certainly don’t apply to you, but what you thoughts are on how that went so badly?

That stand debacle last night just typifies what I detest about gasheads in general.  Constantly bigging themselves up and telling anyone who’ll listen that they’re so much better than ‘da shit’ and are the loyalist and bestest fans in the world, then when they have to actually put up or shut up, they fail dismally like last night.

We constantly hear them claiming they take more fans away than City, or if they had a bigger ground, they’d pack them in.  How can they then fall so pathetically short of getting a small but brand new stand even 75% full in a test event in a local derby?

Your fans have shot themselves in the foot so many times over the years, but this one takes some beating.  As I said, absolutely no reflection on you but, as for your fanbase 🤦‍♂️

And prowedest, Briz....can't forget prowedest!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

It’s not just transfers.

As 81 says there’s contractors not being paid. 

The facilities at the new south stand were a joke last night. 

Food outlet closed as no way of making payment. New toilets with barely visible signs on them and no soap or paper towels to wash and dry your hands. No coffee as there was no hot water. 

The milk in my coffee at the Blackpool game was off and absolutely rancid. 

These are just the basics.

Then you have the state of the recruitment department and the ever shrinking number of staff causing people to take on the work of 3 people. 

It’s early days but the signs aren’t good.

Their new owners “Premiership dream” is looking on track..

Hopefully, the new owner is an asset stripper who moves them to Cheltenham or Swinetown for a few years whilst the ground is being redeveloped, then announces an about turn and flogs the lot leaving them homeless  all the while reducing spend on the club as they fall back towards being #nonleagueroverzz#

Yes, I hate them that much.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how much of this is true, and how much in bobbins.

Cellino Al Saeed | Bristol Rovers GasChat Forum

There is talk on there of them making a bid the doesn't meet the release clause in some lower leasgue players contract and have missed signing him as a result

Apparently the release clause was less than a Tilson.

Is it normal for players below the Premier League to have a release clause? If so, might some of our players have release clauses?

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

There is talk on there of them making a bid the doesn't meet the release clause in some lower leasgue players contract and have missed signing him as a result

Is it normal for players below the Premier League to have a release clause? If so, might some of our players have release clauses?

I'd only think that someone using a club as a stepping stone, someone sure he's better than the level of the Club he joins just to make sure he can not be held to ransom when there is interest.

Like Matty Taylor when he was with them , clearly thought he was better than than and if they waited for the £10m they valued him at, they would still be waiting now . But they could have kept him until the end of his contract.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd only think that someone using a club as a stepping stone, someone sure he's better than the level of the Club he joins just to make sure he can not be held to ransom when there is interest.

Like Matty Taylor when he was with them , clearly thought he was better than than and if they waited for the £10m they valued him at, they would still be waiting now . But they could have kept him until the end of his contract.

I had momentarily forgotten the hilarity that was meeting the Matty Taylor clause!

• Like 2

Surely Rovers didn't post this job spec: https://www.fish4.co.uk/job/15758607/financial-controller/

Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) dates back to 1883, following a meeting of five young men at a restaurant on Stapleton Road, in the Eastville district of the city. Since then, we’ve won the Gloucestershire Cup 32 times, the Third Division South Cup in 1932, the Watney Cup in 1972 and have been Football League Trophy finalists twice.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Attendance now being reported as 8543. No indication yet of the Exeter support. 

Peak Les Kew vibes..

”Today’s attendance is 13,208, BOO..”

”Today’s attendance is 14,823”…

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Surely Rovers didn't post this job spec: https://www.fish4.co.uk/job/15758607/financial-controller/

Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) dates back to 1883, following a meeting of five young men at a restaurant on Stapleton Road, in the Eastville district of the city. Since then, we’ve won the Gloucestershire Cup 32 times, the Third Division South Cup in 1932, the Watney Cup in 1972 and have been Football League Trophy finalists twice.

They are looking for some to elevate their financial systems to Championship levels, it won't be just the sprinklers for long!

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If what that poster is saying is true then they seem to have got themselves into a little bit of a pickle 😂