IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's not how football works.

Not when you're a ToteEnder. Most of them don't even realise it's not actually there anymore.

Stuck in the past. Like 1982. The past. We've moved on. They're still stuck, very jealous and very very bitter.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well yes and it's pretty much what my post said, it doesn't matter who you support, c****s are c***s. I was pointing out however, that despite all the accusations thrown at Rovers regarding 1982, some of your own fans own behaviour was despicable. So possibly a bit of whatabouterry on my part :)

Bollocks do they. No one club is any better than another.

Perhaps Gert Mare was referring to proportion of "away idiots" compared to home attendances. You know how important these ratios are Miah ? 😆

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Some of whom no  doubt, still watch City and applaud the buy into the reinvented myth of the Ashton Gate 8, conveniently forgetting that they issued death threats to several genuine City legends.

You don't have to be a Rovers fan , a City fan or whatever to be a ****. This thread has been known to push the boundaries of pisstake , lets not forget just how despicably some of your own fans behaved in 1982.

That's still all you've got, after all these years, isn't it.

Just f u ck off you tiresome gass hole.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 2

6 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Not when you're a ToteEnder. Most of them don't even realise it's not actually there anymore.

Stuck in the past. Like 1982. The past. We've moved on. They're still stuck, very jealous and very very very very very bitter

Did a little fix there GM.

7 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Stuck in the past. Like 1982. The past. We've moved on. They're still stuck, very jealous and very very bitter.

Yes, we don't chant Eastenders in our South Stand...

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

In fairness you're probably right, judging by the amount of empty seats and ticket price slashing by the club.

I got a bit carried away and was over-exaggerating the amount of supporters that Rovers have actually got these days 🤣

You were probably counting the ones locked out, common mistake.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elmore James said:

Not sure if relevant to your post but some season ticket holders bought tickets in the new cow shed in order to beef-up the numbers.

No, season ticket holders from other sections (like me) were able to swap for a South Stand ticket. I was actually able to do that for the Blackpool game as well and will probably do the same on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

No, season ticket holders from other sections (like me) were able to swap for a South Stand ticket. I was actually able to do that for the Blackpool game as well and will probably do the same on Saturday.

That seems mad , at a game they were very keen to hit certain numbers they could have offered a certain amount of people to move. At least then you wouldn't have a situation where you needed 75% for SAG and only got 65%.
Not sure what that means in respect of opening the stand fully, does it put it back until you hit those numbers?

24 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That's still all you've got, after all these years, isn't it.

Just f u ck off you tiresome gass hole.  

That’s the standard of replies seen on the Rovers forum. You should try to be more respectful as Miah can’t help being a Rovers supporter. Remember the proverb - Manners Maketh Man 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That seems mad , at a game they were very keen to hit certain numbers they could have offered a certain amount of people to move. At least then you wouldn't have a situation where you needed 75% for SAG and only got 65%.
Not sure what that means in respect of opening the stand fully, does it put it back until you hit those numbers?

That's pretty much whatt they did.

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I’m guessing you never listen to Radio Bristol after a defeat 🙄

God no- far too depressing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That's pretty much whatt they did.

So how did they manage to come up short for SAG then ?

Surely, just to comply they just needed to ask a few more to move. Then you get the required 75% full and you can move on. I'm guessing you need to try again Saturday .

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well yes and it's pretty much what my post said, it doesn't matter who you support, c****s are c***s. I was pointing out however, that despite all the accusations thrown at Rovers regarding 1982, some of your own fans own behaviour was despicable. 

With all possible respect Miah, these aren't 'accusations', they actually happened.

Dark, dark times for us tbh. I went to school not knowing if my club would still be in business when I came out that day.

Yes, some of our fans went too far but, I would hope, if the boot was on the other foot, we wouldn't do everything we could to kill you off and try to profit from it.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Time has certainly warped opinions on that. City's demise was all of their own doing. I'm glad to see the Ashton Gate 8 being treated better than they were btw, by both your club and fans.

It was all our own fault no doubt about that . Are you doubting though that your board were circling like vultures to buy Ashton gate & blocking a loan by the council. Effectively putting your foot on top of a drowning man’s head ? 
This is why you’ll never get any sympathy from a certain generation of us Miah . 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So how did they manage to come up short for SAG then ?

Surely, just to comply they just needed to ask a few more to move. Then you get the required 75% full and you can move on. I'm guessing you need to try again Saturday .

Did they come up short? I'm very surprised- it certainly looked more than 3/4 full.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was all our own fault no doubt about that . Are you doubting though that your board were circling like vultures to buy Ashton gate & blocking a loan by the council. Effectively putting your foot on top of a drowning man’s head ? 
This is why you’ll never get any sympathy from a certain generation of us Miah . 

I honestly cant remember that, but it is pretty well documented on here, so I have no doubt it is true. I was 18 in 1982 and bearing in mind that our only source of information then was the Evening Post, as you can imagine, I was busy doing far more interesting things than reading the paper :)

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I honestly cant remember that, but it is pretty well documented on here, so I have no doubt it is true. I was 18 in 1982 and bearing in mind that our only source of information then was the Evening Post, as you can imagine, I was busy doing far more interesting things than reading the paper :)

Don’t think I imagined it , but I think it was shown on here how a bid for Ashton gate was leaked by the press & the rovers board had to retract it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t think I imagined it , but I think it was shown on here how a bid for Ashton gate was leaked by the press & the rovers board had to retract it 

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case, I just don't remember the details of 1982 from the time. I do know one of the 8 and chatted to one other about it at a later date and how it is reported now , which is far from the reality of what actually happened. Those players were shat on from a great height.

• Like 3

If it hadn't been for the A8 ripping up their contracts the club would have been bankrupt. The very fact that the A8 did this still has not sunk in to gasheads that City did Not go bankrupt. There would have been no point in ripping up those contracts if the club did go bankrupt.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fatchers said:

If it hadn't been for the A8 ripping up their contracts the club would have been bankrupt. The very fact that the A8 did this still has not sunk in to gasheads that City did Not go bankrupt. There would have been no point in ripping up those contracts if the club did go bankrupt.

They went into liquidation.

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Going back to your much earlier post Miah, I am sure most of us would support the game of football versus bad owners, but perhaps you chose the wrong target to criticise Bristol City on OTIB in order to open up that discussion.

It wasn't me that brought it up :)

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Did they come up short? I'm very surprised- it certainly looked more than 5/4 full.

Come on Miah, I’ve corrected this one for you on this occasion but please be more careful when posting Rovers attendance figures.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Miah, were you also a witness in the recent COVID enquiry ?    😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case, I just don't remember the details of 1982 from the time. I do know one of the 8 and chatted to one other about it at a later date and how it is reported now , which is far from the reality of what actually happened. Those players were shat on from a great height.

Yes they were & sadly that can’t be undone . I’m glad to see the club embrace what happened now though with the 82 mural in the concourse & trying in some way to repair what happened. Also our fanbase having a song in tribute to them . It should never be forgotten . 
plenty of clubs have gone into administration since & hardly anything is made of it . That wasn’t an option for us at the time. 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

With all possible respect Miah, these aren't 'accusations', they actually happened.

Dark, dark times for us tbh. I went to school not knowing if my club would still be in business when I came out that day.

Yes, some of our fans went too far but, I would hope, if the boot was on the other foot, we wouldn't do everything we could to kill you off and try to profit from it.

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bearing in mind I was only 2 in 1982. Rovers blocking a council loan is a new one on me. I do vaguely recall someone saying Rovers tried to buy Ashton Gate at the time. Is some more background information anyone can give me?