IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

IMG_8270.jpeg.3ac26fd4c9f53fab6adaac2c430b9432.jpeg

Come on lads and lasses what were his first words after extending his stay at the Mem?

I am thinking ,  ‘ has my career really come to this?  ‘

"****ing ****** **** I have to stay at this ***** ****ing ******** of a club for four more *****ing months! ****ing ****"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I cant cut and paste off asschat, but their former head of stale crisps is now putting the boot in 😁

Iain Paterson now at Forest Green as Head of Hospitality (former Head of Catering at the Dump);

"I could write a book mate. Working at The Mem was a real eye opener on how not to run a club. I've been a Rovers fan for 35 years and like you all, just want the best for the mighty blues. Unfortunately the club is currently being run by incompetent charlatans, so we're ****ed!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

I cant cut and paste off asschat, but their former head of stale crisps is now putting the boot in 😁

Is this what you meant? 

Damning words from the former Head of Catering at Bristol Rovers and now Head of Matchday & Hospitality at Forest Green.

I could write a book mate. Working at The Mem was a real eye opener on how not to run a club. I've been a Rovers fan for 35 years and like you all, just want the best for the mighty blues. Unfortunately the club is currently being run by incompetent charlatans, so we're ****ed!

Ah, I see that @bcfc01 has already replied.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

So this Kuwait "academy" charges £320 per month per child plus £70 for basic kit ?

Bargain :noexp:

Maybe they should consider a few words/photos about the facilities and the coaching staff to go some way towards justifying the costs and spend a few quid on developing a professional website. As it is, it comes across as a scam.

Embarrasing, as ever.

Hmmm...😉

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Is this what you meant? 

Damning words from the former Head of Catering at Bristol Rovers and now Head of Matchday & Hospitality at Forest Green.

I could write a book mate. Working at The Mem was a real eye opener on how not to run a club. I've been a Rovers fan for 35 years and like you all, just want the best for the mighty blues. Unfortunately the club is currently being run by incompetent charlatans, so we're ****ed!

Ah, I see that @bcfc01 has already replied.

Yes mate. Cant imagine FGR would be too happy about one of their staff going public like that but who kmows?

So, this Kuwait thing...  umm - where are the facilities and the pitch?? According to the map on their website it's here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/4mRbeBSLBRFf2w1D6 (screen grab from the website attached). Umm - I can see a Gas Depot (of course) and a burger place... umm.. but a professional football academy??? WTAF?!

image.thumb.png.e3639a961bdc9d7e320b7ff1cf0b25d6.png

Edited by LilRascal
  • Flames 1

Gashead looking for a dry seat gets this reply

Row A in the East Stand, right one the halfway line. It can get pretty wet in the winter months if the wind and rain combine in the right way.

I'd say 90% of the time its absolutely fine. Plus when its miserable on a Tuesday night and you're getting soaked there is usually thousands of free seats up towards the back where its dry.”

• Haha 6

I see that the Gas reporter has grown some balls and called out their owners in a damning piece in the Post. Fair enough, but what a hypocrite, after being up Bartons arse for all of his time at the club, he had this to say about the manager who replaced Barton;

"Furthermore, he's just a breath of fresh air which has been incredibly welcome. With the 41-year-old you get straight, honest responses in press conferences where excuses are very rarely if ever made while he protects his own players when necessary. A welcome change."

Full article; 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-danger-free-fall-9054824

2 hours ago, mattjb said:

It amazes me, you wrack your brains thinking surely there is nothing new left in the Gas comedy gift giving tank and then they come out with a beauty like this one! 

Exactly my thoughts.

Every time you think “they’ve done everything now, surely there’s nothing else ridiculous they can do?…”

and then BANG!….another gift out of the blue (literally).

You couldn’t make it up 🤣🤣

For all slagheads and Gas sympathisers on here THIS IS WHY THIS THREAD EXISTS.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I see that the Gas reporter has grown some balls and called out their owners in a damning piece in the Post. Fair enough, but what a hypocrite, after being up Bartons arse for all of his time at the club, he had this to say about the manager who replaced Barton;

"Furthermore, he's just a breath of fresh air which has been incredibly welcome. With the 41-year-old you get straight, honest responses in press conferences where excuses are very rarely if ever made while he protects his own players when necessary. A welcome change."

Full article; 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-danger-free-fall-9054824

Which makes it all the more funnier that Joey banned the Post from attending pre and post match conferences.

• Flames 1

Why oh why are they so full of shit 🤦‍♂️

What a depressing read and sadly one in which Gas heads through the decades have become accustomed to. A director from a fellow league 1 side (who have also had their share of problems) asked me what do you know about the new owner ?, we cant find anything concrete!! - my reply was: SNAP!! I believed like many that Wael would do the right thing and bring in the right “honest” individuals., has he been fooled ? - Who are these people ?. Yep it’s the “here we go again” syndrome. Who would be a ruddy Gas head ? - Amongst the best fans in the land, who deserve so much more, it is sadly depressing to keep living these shambolic offerings. I still say “They built a new stand - that is progress” but the overall picture is confusing at best and depressing in reality. UTFG 🙄

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

What a depressing read and sadly one in which Gas heads through the decades have become accustomed to. A director from a fellow league 1 side (who have also had their share of problems) asked me what do you know about the new owner ?, we cant find anything concrete!! - my reply was: SNAP!! I believed like many that Wael would do the right thing and bring in the right “honest” individuals., has he been fooled ? - Who are these people ?. Yep it’s the “here we go again” syndrome. Who would be a ruddy Gas head ? - Amongst the most absent fans in the land, who deserve so much more, it is sadly depressing to keep living these shambolic offerings. I still say “They built a new stand - that is progress” but the overall picture is confusing at best and depressing in reality. UTFG 🙄

Fixed ⬆️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

I believed like many that Wael would do the right thing and bring in the right “honest” individuals., has he been fooled ?

Nope. The Wally family thought they were getting in on a prime real estate deal and laddo got to play out his dreams of owning the Chelsea of the West. Then it all went boobs north, the rest of the family ran away leaving Wally to run a football club without a pot to piss in and he needs help. The first person to wander through the tent with a couple of coins in loose change down the back of his trousers got brought onboard and declared the new co-owner. 

They're nose deep in camel shit and sinking fast 

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

What a depressing read and sadly one in which Gas heads through the decades have become accustomed to. A director from a fellow league 1 side (who have also had their share of problems) asked me what do you know about the new owner ?, we cant find anything concrete!! - my reply was: SNAP!! I believed like many that Wael would do the right thing and bring in the right “honest” individuals., has he been fooled ? - Who are these people ?. Yep it’s the “here we go again” syndrome. Who would be a ruddy Gas head ? - Amongst the best fans in the land, who deserve so much more, it is sadly depressing to keep living these shambolic offerings. I still say “They built a new stand - that is progress” but the overall picture is confusing at best and depressing in reality. UTFG 🙄

When people slate our owners & criticise their every move & demand that they sell up & move on...... we don't have to look very far up the road to see just how that could turn out..!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s a development centre basically not an Academy.

When you are looking to Bristol Rovers to help you develop, you are probably better off calling it a day & training as a plummer or something...!

• Haha 2