IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Every time you think “they’ve done everything now, surely there’s nothing else ridiculous they can do?…”

and then BANG!….another gift out of the blue (literally).

You couldn’t make it up 🤣🤣

For all slagheads and Gas sympathisers on here THIS IS WHY THIS THREAD EXISTS.

….. no signs of the laugh supply drying up and if anything, it seems like they’ve actually cranked up production. 

I’d just like to thank them for giving us so much free, quality and seemingly endless entertainment 👏👏

They just need to find a way to entertain their own fans as much as they do us now!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

….. no signs of the laugh supply drying up and if anything, it seems like they’ve actually cranked up production. 

I’d just like to thank them for giving us so much free, quality and seemingly endless entertainment 👏👏

They just need to find a way to entertain their own fans as much as they do us now!!!

Desperately pushing it now. May have to close the rest of the ground to achieve 75%.

£10 Tickets & Kids for a Quid vs Oxford

1 Hour ago

Large
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

We should move this thread to the written jokes page. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Desperately pushing it now. May have to close the rest of the ground to achieve 75%.

1 Hour ago

Large

Oxford fans still paying £29??

The EFL regulations appear to mean as little to the R###s as do the planning regulations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oxford fans still paying £29??

The EFL regulations appear to mean as little to the R###s as do the planning regulations. 

Ironic isn't it. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that a protest by the Rovers board led to the regulations being changed. We were away at Stoke who ran a promotion meaning we were  charged considerably more than their fans to sit in the same stand. The Dunfords and the rest of the board refused to take boardroom hospitality and sat in the away section. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

1 Hour ago

Large

They couldn't even create a new graphic, just put new bits over the old one

#tinpot

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

And grey cloudy skies

A bit off topic but... Having been to Kuwait 4 or 5 times - I ceartinly don't recall the skies looking anything like that, or there being much "greenery" or trees as shown in the picture.

My recollection of Kuwait was unbearable outside temperatures (45+ deg in the middle of the day) and very, very, few clouds. A special mention should also go to the absolute cluster-f*@k of a shambles that is their main airport - for such a rich country it is an utter embrassment. It frequently appears near the top of lists of the worst airports in the world. Lets hope that it serves as an inspiration for development of a certain venue in North Bristol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

At least it's still there.

The Tote End is now Skandinavian room displays, a warehouse and flat bed trolleys with dodgy wheels

I had a shock when I tried to put a laugh on this post, I had run out of entries!  Shock!! Then I noticed my name was in black.  I hadn't realised my subscription had elapsed. Mug!

All renewed now and laugh entered.

£5 a year?  It's worth at least that just for the laughs this thread gives!  

• Like 9
  • Robin 3

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ironic isn't it. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that a protest by the Rovers board led to the regulations being changed. We were away at Stoke who ran a promotion meaning we were  charged considerably more than their fans to sit in the same stand. The Dunfords and the rest of the board refused to take boardroom hospitality and sat in the away section. 

I seem to remember we had issues with an away game at port Vale with similar circumstances that made the nationals when we kicked up a fuss.

38 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't know your club history but it is interesting how in days of old, the press and fans talked about 'the board' when something big was on like a takeover or selling a favourite player. Much the same at City, today we discuss the owner, not the board. Is that a sign of the times or just semantics or just me?

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I don't know your club history but it is interesting how in days of old, the press and fans talked about 'the board' when something big was on like a takeover or selling a favourite player. Much the same at City, today we discuss the owner, not the board. Is that a sign of the times or just semantics or just me?

Sign of the times imo, especially at “regional” club level. 

We’ve seen football go from a boards being made up largely of local businessmen, to very wealthy benefactors pretty much running the show. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

When you are looking to Bristol Rovers to help you develop, you are probably better off calling it a day & training as a plummer or something...!

You have to wonder if Screech who Wally signed is going to be doing the coaching.

This production line they have never stops.

• Haha 1

This whole ‘academy’ thing is making me think.

It is barking mad and unlikely to ever produce players for them and they’re bloody idiots for even thinking it might.

But, I’ve just realised that they are conning money out of hard working people in Kuwait buy selling the dream of football stardom.

It won’t be the really rich that get robbed as their kids will get whatever they want and probably play at an Academy in England.

It won’t be the really poor who get robbed either as the dream will always have to remain a dream.

It will be the hard working decent people similar to us, that try to improve their kids lot by thinking they are buying them a slice of a dream. They’ll do it by scrimping and saving and working overtime to pay for it. And they aren’t buying a slice of a dream, they are buying them a place on a summer school. A very expensive place at that.

And that has really pissed me off that people could do that to others.

Anyway……as you were.

Edited by GreedyHarry
There, their, they’re
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

This whole ‘academy’ thing is making me think.

It is barking mad and unlikely to ever produce players for them and they’re bloody idiots for even thinking it might.

But, I’ve just realised that they are conning money out of hard working people in Kuwait buy selling the dream of football stardom.

It won’t be the really rich that get robbed as their kids will get whatever they want and probably play at an Academy in England.

It won’t be the really poor who get robbed either as the dream will always have to remain a dream.

It will be the hard working decent people similar to us, that try to improve their kids lot by thinking they are buying them a slice of a dream. They’ll do it by scrimping and saving and working overtime to pay for it. And they aren’t buying a slice of a dream, they are buying them a place on a summer school. A very expensive place at that.

And that has really pissed me off that people could do that to others.

Anyway……as you were.

If it was that good, surely big teams or any club would’ve tapped into already? 

business model is all wrong 

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to wonder if Screech who Wally signed is going to be doing the coaching.

This production line they have never stops.

Strange he didn't really make it & failed to emulate the endless list of Jordanians & Kuaiti's who have taken the English Football league by storm...!

12 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I just wonder how long before a couple of ‘trialists’ arrive from their Kuwaiti Academy to be signed and the manager is given instructions to play them.

Didn’t Col Gadaffi try that once, with his son going to a Serie A club? I don’t think that worked out too well. 

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

1 Hour ago

Large

Have they no shame?

It appears, at the behest of their new "Owner," they have resorted to selling "kids for a quid" and adults for a miserly £10.

I know they're desperate for money, but even for them, this is a step too far.

It seems doing anything immoral or illegal is okay with them.

So the Fewers/Rags/Squatters/Sags are now Traffickers as well.

Wonder what their next great (hopefully legal/moral) income-generating scheme will be?

"Hussain Al Seaweed and his team are prowed to announce our Back, Sack and Crack service, (delivered by the stunningly hirsute Irene and her team of toothless hags), our new Fungal Toenail pasty range, and our long-awaited verruca and acne-flavoured drinks (we guarentee they're out-of-date or your money back)"

• Haha 4