IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Aren’t the filth playing at Liverpool today……? I’m sure they were booking hotels not long ago 😂😂😂

They are. They're playing in their yellow and green kit, a one off special. They have history of lending their kit to other teams.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Thanks for correcting us Miah. I don't know anything about him but hope that if he was a long standing employee that he has been treated with suitable respect by the club.

I don't know the answer to your second sentence, but I would hope that was true. He is far too decent a man to air any dirty laundry in public.

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't know the answer to your second sentence, but I would hope that was true. He is far too decent a man to air any dirty laundry in public.

Well he still seems very enthusiastic, some might say sycophantic, about the club which you would imagine wouldn't be the case if he had fallen out with them.

On R5L this morning, they mentioned Liverpool vs Norwich in the FA Cup. WTAF? The Sags were nailed for this game, weren't they? Just had to beat shitty Norwich and then they'd be taking Anfield over and giving 10% to Liverpool fans. How did that work out sad Sagheads? Hope they're crying salty tears into their half n half scarves.

33 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Apparently Rovers have got a special FA Cup kit for today - yellow shirts and green shorts. These colours may confuse their fans when they see the half and half scarves for sale on the way in to the ground.

It’s a legacy thing from when they used to be Newton Heath 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I see they now want c£1m for Collins after saying he was worth a minimum of £4m in the summer. Gas logic and gas math. 

Value reduced by the fact he doesn't want to play for them, clearly. Not a true Gashead? Reduce his value by 75%

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Well he still seems very enthusiastic, some might say sycophantic, about the club which you would imagine wouldn't be the case if he had fallen out with them.

Not sure that is true. I'm sure that many City fans will say that passion for the club overrides everything. Managers,Owners, Players, may come and go and we may fall out of love with them, but passion for the club should be there through thick & thin. That's the life or burden of being a football fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Value reduced by the fact he doesn't want to play for them, clearly. Not a true Gashead? Reduce his value by 75%

Also shows the ‘player of the league’ type awards are largely pretty meaningless and somewhat embarrassing. ‘Best player’ in league one only wanted by another league one club or a league two club. Thats some going. 

• Like 1

I knew Klopp was gonna call it a day as soon as his and everyone else’s favouritist team with the bestest fans got knocked out in the 3rd round replay.

We all know that all Liverpool fans love da Gas and hate da shit but would have been nice to get that usual guaranteed confirmation today.

Half the country are now at a loose end this afternoon. 

Just got in late from washing the car

Could somebody answer a question for me

Just turned the match on

Im sure the Red shirts of Liverpool do not clash with the famous Blue and white quarters of the Gas

So why are they playing in Yellow?

Have i missed something?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Keith Brookman, is a thoroughly, thoroughly decent bloke.

What's the difference between a decent bloke, a thoroughly decent bloke and a thoroughly, thoroughly decent bloke?

Has anyone ever attained the highly-prized and elevated status of being a thoroughly, thoroughly, thoroughly decent bloke?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Just got in late from washing the car

Could somebody answer a question for me

Just turned the match on

Im sure the Red shirts of Liverpool do not clash with the famous Blue and white quarters of the Gas

So why are they playing in Yellow?

Have i missed something?

Merseyside Police have just confirmed there are 10,000 distraught Fewers locked outside Anfield singing Yvonne Fair's "It should have been me"

But on the positive side, sympathetic Norwich and Liverpool fans have sung back to them "You're everyone's other favourite team, and you know you are"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is itv1 picture odd for anyone else? Looks like rovers are in a Norwich kit?

I think it's like that dress a couple of years back when people were asking if it was blue or gold. 

Either way, they are getting a hammering now.

• Like 2