IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Genuine question.

Has there ever been an instance where a club has upgraded their stadium, built a new stand and the attendances have dropped off the back of it?

Didn't they say the reason they weren’t getting 10k at home is because of how poor their ground is, so now they upgrade it and their crowds drop even further. Has that ever happened before?

The attendances have dropped as the loyal and true only go when they are doing well despite popular belief (from them) they are the best fanbase in the country. 

Weirdos of the highest order. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s always amusing when a City ‘fan’, who is glued to their armchair, decides to slag off the gas attendances - yep their crowd figures are low, but at least those guys and gals get out there and support their team. I suppose that’s better than prowling this forum non stop whilst never bothering to actually go out and support your team ...

Everyone who uses this forum knows what this thread is about and it stops the rest of the forum being littered with lots of new topics.

Some people like a bit of banter, fun, piss taking, call it what you like of their rivals. It doesn’t help that they give us so much ammo tbf😂. People have enough serious shit to deal with in life without this forum becoming heavily sanitised (people come on here for enjoyment generally?).

I would suggest many of the regular contributions on here are from season ticket holders and regular attendees who do put their money where their mouths are unlike the majority of Fewers I know who are all mouth tbh. The fact we are not far off tripling their attendance gives most people a clue and makes THEIR  attempts at comparing support with ours all the more laughable……….

The easiest way to avoid being offended on behalf of your Gas mates and the Few generally is to give this thread a wide berth tbh.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Is that right? Didn’t know that 

Our first season in Div 4 is the only season in the last 56 years where they’ve had higher average crowds. The following season with us still in Div 4 and them in Div 3 we averaged higher crowds than them

What they consistently fail to mention whenever they talk about our poor crowds in the early 80s is that their attendances were either just as bad, or worse than ours.

• Like 1

Are there any other clubs who, on finishing top of the division and getting promoted, have lower attendances in the division above ? Presumably because they weren't winning as often.

1990 Champions of division 3 - 6,202

1991 Division 2 - 5,929

1992 Division 2 - 5,850

1993 Division 2 Relegated  - 5,745

Tin pot bunch of cretins.

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

Edited by bcfc01
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Our first season in Div 4 is the only season in the last 56 years where they’ve had higher average crowds. The following season with us still in Div 4 and them in Div 3 we averaged higher crowds than them

What they consistently fail to mention whenever they talk about our poor crowds in the early 80s is that their attendances were either just as bad, or worse than ours.

They also seem to forget it's been 48 years since they last managed an average attendance over 10k and only gained a season highest attendance of over 10k 20 times during that period.....so their "potential support" theory seems to have little substance either! 

Edited by adamski
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trickydickiecardigan said:

Fair shout to the 87 Fleetwood who turned up! There used to the weather probably handed around fisherman's friends to the quarter hordes so they didn't get a chill poor things!

Apparently those 87 were given a food and drink voucher on entering the ground,,,,if this is correct then Rovers should be given some credit for that in my opinion 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Apparently those 87 were given a food and drink voucher on entering the ground,,,,if this is correct then Rovers should be given some credit for that in my opinion 

Help yerselves to the crisps and Fanta lads. Take some home fer the famlee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, WessexPest said:

What an absolute crock of s**t.

They cherry pick our away attendances and try to take the piss when their meagre crowds are embarrassing. They bring it on themselves when they trot out such garbage as “City wouldn’t get as many as us at same level” or “If we had a ground the same size as Derby’s we’d fill it.”

They deserve all the scorn they get when it comes to their rubbish crowds.

Remove head from sphincter before committing fingers to keys in future.

I’ve run out of reactions but…well said. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s always amusing when a City ‘fan’, who is glued to their armchair, decides to slag off the gas attendances - yep their crowd figures are low, but at least those guys and gals get out there and support their team. I suppose that’s better than prowling this forum non stop whilst never bothering to actually go out and support your team ...

This thread is a great source of humour and having a laugh is healthy. If we get a stuffing by Forest then they can do the same on Gaschat. I don't have a problem with that.

1 hour ago, adamski said:

They also seem to forget it's been 48 years since they last managed an average attendance over 10k and only gained a season highest attendance of over 10k 20 times during that period.....so their "potential support" theory seems to have little substance either! 

They must be the only club in the country to have 'potential support"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

We all know how bad the Evening Post is at pretty much sh!te at everything but one of the headlines from the G@s v Fleetwood match last night.

Chris Martin gets sent off in 93rd minute of 4 minutes added time!! Trying to spin that being down to 10 had any bearing on being beaten at home by a second bottom team is staggering even by their standards. 

Bristol Rovers 0-2 Fleetwood Town recap: 10-man Gas struggle for consistency in flat home defeat

Live updates as Bristol Rovers host Fleetwood Town in League One

There were some corkers in the live update.

”Could have had a penalty” “Opposition player lucky to avoid a red card”.

”Had more possession & more chances”.

The latest reporter is as completely biased and embarrassing as the last one.

Total North Korean stuff.

• Like 2

I am around at my father in law's setting up his laptop for him. Knowing that he is a Gashead I thought I would set up their official site for him.

I noticed that on top of the airbrushing of Jamie MacAllister, they also seem to have selective match reporting, you wouldn't even know they played Fleetwood last night, let alone the ignominious defeat. 

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Only 12 points off the play offs and we're only in February.

16 games left, 40 points accrued - 12 points adrift -> Normally you'd need around 70-75 points over a league one season to make the playoffs 

So they "just" need to average around 2+ points per game for the rest of the season.

To put this in context this is kind of the mark being set by automatic promotion candidates such as Southampton and Leeds in our division or Pompey and Derby in theirs.