IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, fanjita said:

Apparently those 87 were given a food and drink voucher on entering the ground,,,,if this is correct then Rovers should be given some credit for that in my opinion 

Lancashire Morning News : 07/02/24

87 PEOPLE TAKEN TO HOSPITAL WITH SUSPECTED ESCHERICHIA COLI

• Admin
7 hours ago, fanjita said:

Apparently those 87 were given a food and drink voucher on entering the ground,,,,if this is correct then Rovers should be given some credit for that in my opinion 

Surely this would have been something Fleetwood FC would have arranged and paid for?

6 hours ago, southside said:

They must be the only club in the country to have 'potential support"

Their "build and they will come" theory of supporter attendance growth is wholly based on the concept of potential support. Of course, this is not baseless. Highly skilled gas data analysts have made complex calculations against verified sources including: IKEA nee Eastville attendance data from the 1950s (closest comparable stadium and demographic); 40,000, no 50,000 or could it have been 60,000 at Wembley; 8,000 at Blackpool; 20,000 locked out at Maidstone/Maidenhead etc.; and the reoccurring problem of the many 1000's locked out of the memorial stadium on a weekly basis.

Findings are clear, the Mem should have an all seated and covered capacity of between 18 and 96,000, once in place crowds will flock, the team will perform and Rovers will realise their potential support.

Simples!

Edited by adamski
  • Haha 3

Had one of the blue few come in to my section at work today:-

‘thought you’d be on your way to Nottingham now, call yourself a City fan?’

‘I’ll just watch it on a stream’

’you best hope they done better than the gas last night’

’how’d they get on’ (I obviously knew)

’lost 2-0’

’did you go down?’

’nah it was too cold and wet’

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, southside said:

They must be the only club in the country to have 'potential support"

Funny thing, there’s a kernel of truth in there - the amount of houses going up in South Glos and expansion is large and will only continue. 

Problem for them though, the days of a north/south split are dead.  And with no real way of tapping into that growing population they continue with an aging demographic with an inferior “product” to attract families. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Funny thing, there’s a kernel of truth in there - the amount of houses going up in South Glos and expansion is large and will only continue. 

Problem for them though, the days of a north/south split are dead.  And with no real way of tapping into that growing population they continue with an aging demographic with an inferior “product” to attract families. 

There is, but...

All clubs face a similar issue these days, getting people to shell out for individual match tickets when people can watch top flight football either free if they stream it, or by paying Sky.

Outside the top flight, you wonder how many completely new fans clubs get, excluding those going along with a parent.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The new estates in South Glos will most likely end up much like Bradley Stoke, full of City. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Most people enter Bristol from south glos via the M32 so why would anyone end up over there?

11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am around at my father in law's setting up his laptop for him. Knowing that he is a Gashead I thought I would set up their official site for him.

I noticed that on top of the airbrushing of Jamie MacAllister, they also seem to have selective match reporting, you wouldn't even know they played Fleetwood last night, let alone the ignominious defeat. 

Out of curiosity I checked this out myself as thought it cant be true. Literally amazed there is no mention, I then tried to find the match report and struggled to find it for a while 🤣 Wow!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Are there any other clubs who, on finishing top of the division and getting promoted, have lower attendances in the division above ? Presumably because they weren't winning as often.

1990 Champions of division 3 - 6,202

1991 Division 2 - 5,929

1992 Division 2 - 5,850

1993 Division 2 Relegated  - 5,745

Tin pot bunch of cretins.

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

To be fair to them (for once) that was the 'Trumpton' era and there may have been some sort of crowd restriction applied after the season they went up? Capacity was about 6000 and this was very soon after Hillsborough.

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Posting jokes about us not playing Man U.

It doesn't work though, having played and beaten them in recent seasons. Desperate!

How did they get on against Liverpool anyway? I saw them celebrate the draw that they had them..

bunch of dicks

• Like 2

They really don't get the difference , it's pathetic.

They post a video of their lot, dancing around because they drew Liverpool, forgetting they had the small matter of Norwich. I don't recall anyone I know planning the day for Man U at home. 

They seem to like anniversaries .

5 hours ago, pommers65 said:

I wonder if they will celebrate 10 years as a Football League Club in the coming years. 

• Like 2

He’s not bitter or jealous….

You will no doubt find this hard to understand BUT i am not jealous of your club and do not cast envious eyes across the City, the fans there are your typical 'poor' little rich kids, have everything but still not happy , your post sums it up' my so and so is bigger /better than your so and so,nah,nah,na,na na ! Pathetic,! you will never understand this but our season in the 5th tier was rewarding and enlightening, the dedication of the fans there was extraordinary! you will never understand it. you actual went bankrupt and ruined peoples lives , players included, ashamed .not you lot you hold a celebration to commemorate the event!! I am very happy with our new stand thank you, our Girls are rising through the ranks without any help from a big PR machine, we have a very decent training ground and facilities, yes you do well with transfers but that should tell you something, i.e. all your best players leave, there is a reason for that , any idea what? clutching at straws ,not me mate, you have your culture we have ours , you are welcome to yours, i will stick with ours if you don't mind. 

• Haha 13

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You will no doubt find this hard to understand BUT i am not jealous of your club and do not cast envious eyes across the City, the fans there are your typical 'poor' little rich kids, have everything but still not happy , your post sums it up' my so and so is bigger /better than your so and so,nah,nah,na,na na ! Pathetic,! you will never understand this but our season in the 5th tier was rewarding and enlightening, the dedication of the fans there was extraordinary! you will never understand it. you actual went bankrupt and ruined peoples lives , players included, ashamed .not you lot you hold a celebration to commemorate the event!! I am very happy with our new stand thank you, our Girls are rising through the ranks without any help from a big PR machine, we have a very decent training ground and facilities, yes you do well with transfers but that should tell you something, i.e. all your best players leave, there is a reason for that , any idea what? clutching at straws ,not me mate, you have your culture we have ours , you are welcome to yours, i will stick with ours if you don't mind. 

F’ck me, I’m a poor little rich kid. Who knew? Not me obviously. Nor my wife, kids or bank manager. 

Btw I suppose he knows that all of their best players are loans and is happy about that?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

5th tier 🤣🤣🤣. They are so embarrassed they still can't bring themselves to say 'non league'. And also trying to spin it as being a positive experience. They still didn't manage to romp the league like they thought they would. Sad, angry, bitter, deluded arseholes everyone of them. *****.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

21 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

the fans there are your typical 'poor' little rich kids, have everything but still not happy - Wrong

should tell you something, i.e. all your best players leave - a) because we develop them so well, they leave for the Premier League and yours leave for a league LOWER

Really do noy know where this "City fans are entitled" nonsense comes from.  Our fans are drawn from an identical cross section of society as thiers are, it's just that we have three times as many (and growing)

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

So being worse at something is actually better than being good at it? So losing is better than winning, apart from when we lose.

As for preferring to stick with their culture, I really don't think they have much choice. The claim to being 6th richest did suggest that they might actually prefer to swap cultures. Ah well, there's no hope for some people.

• Like 1

Here is one for the Gas to gloat about

The Gas have had more fans watching them at home this SEASON  ( 137,603)

Than we have had this YEAR   (122,198)

Dont tell them they have had 18 games  at home since the season started

We have had only 5 since new years day

The gap has nearly closed

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Did you remind him of their 5 loanees and 3 ex City players age 33+ in their starting line up against the cod army ?