IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Few on their closed shop little forum are creaming themselves for the visit of Derby as they will bring a few thousand and get the attendance into five figures.

Comes to something when they have to rely on the away supporters to get a decent attendance.

Tin pot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Few on their closed shop little forum are creaming themselves for the visit of Derby as they will bring a few thousand and get the attendance into five figures.

Comes to something when they have to rely on the away supporters to get a decent attendance.

Tin pot.

Better put those pasties in now on a high heat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

This is from a poster who seems to be articulate but is still deluded. Why would they need another stand when they can't fill the recently opened bus shelter? And why do they need a 15,000 capacity when their gates are about half that?

The owners really need to step up PDQ and deliver at least a new East stand and improve The Quarters. A 15,000 capacity with 10,000 seats should be fine for a while if funds are tight for a complete revamp.

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

This is from a poster who seems to be articulate but is still deluded. Why would they need another stand when they can't fill the recently opened bus shelter? And why do they need a 15,000 capacity when their gates are about half that?

The owners really need to step up PDQ and deliver at least a new East stand and improve The Quarters. A 15,000 capacity with 10,000 seats should be fine for a while if funds are tight for a complete revamp.

Because Derby are coming, Duh! By Friday will be fine..... :)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chinapig said:

TBH he’s probably right, 15,000 and a Mem revamp is all they need. This will allow for adequate segregation, the odd big cup draw, relegation deciders and non-football events. It will also allow the club further opportunity to miss deadlines, fail to apply for planning permissions, ignore building regs, not consult and cross swords with the Greens…. Demonstrating the club’s world class abilities in these areas. 

3 minutes ago, adamski said:

TBH he’s probably right, 15,000 and a Mem revamp is all they need. This will allow for adequate segregation, the odd big cup draw, relegation deciders and non-football events. It will also allow the club further opportunity to miss deadlines, fail to apply for planning permissions, ignore building regs, not consult and cross swords with the Greens…. Demonstrating the club’s world class abilities in these areas. 

It'll be a housing estate in next to no time.

1 minute ago, adamski said:

15,000?

Do I hear 12,000? Sold to the man with the Kuwaiti bank account.

They struggle to get 9000, so I can’t see why they need more than 12,000.

If Pompey & Derby go up they sure aren’t getting 3000 away fans against Burton, Fleetwood or Stockport County, are they?

I know the local media like to perpetuate this false equal coverage bollocks but I don’t see the point of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

15,000?

If Pompey & Derby go up they sure aren’t getting 3000 away fans against Burton, Fleetwood or Stockport County, are they?

I know the local media like to perpetuate this false equal coverage bollocks but I don’t see the point of them.

lets face it, any away fans that went to that dump last season wouldnt be in any hurry to get another dose would they.  after seeing that hospitality pisser, i wouldnt even touch anything outside the gates,let alone anything in it. can only see their gates decreasing the longer they stay in league one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

15,000?

Like the Daily Mail and local library it’s a refuge for the aged population..I look upon them as a non tax draining public service for a dwindling minority. At some point a Middle Eastern conglomerate will redevelop the Mem into a North Bristol protected housing complex for those professional persons currently occupying houses in Redland. An excellent long term investment strategy - They could build the new stands with a simple Highbury style conversion end game in mind.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I think there is potential for an episode of Silent Witness based on the burnt pasty. I hope the BBC accept my script, it is a favourite program of mine:-

Scene 1, The Labs.

Hey Nicki, we have to go out, there has been a report of a suspicious pie at a football ground.

Ok Jack, somewhere nice? Ashton Gate maybe?

No, sorry. It's Bristol Rovers.

Oh no. Never mind, at least we can bolster the crowd by 2 more. As its The Mem I will get the hazmat suits.

Scene 2, The Mem

What do you think it is Nicki?

Hard to tell Jack. It could be a sausage roll or a pasty, DNA will tell us. Whatever it was it has been badly over cooked. The customer never stood a chance (shakes head).

Let's get it back to the labs, we don't want to stay too long, there is a match on soon.

You're right Jack. Looking around here we should get a toxicology report too.

Scene 3, The Labs

Hey Jack, look at this bruising. It seems to have hit something hard.

Yes Nicki. Perhaps it was being thrown onto the pitch but hit a pillar instead?

That's very likely Jack, there are a lot of pillars there. What puzzles me is the pie was reported over cooked yesterday but the use by date on this burnt wrapper says 2021. That doesn't make sense. Maybe there is something else going on here.

(They exchange knowing looks, cut to music). The End.

Apologies to genuine Rovers fans, just having some fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Tin pot.

Imagine Max Bird will receive the usual treatment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Taylor’s developing a great culture at the club…

@Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan I remember the Gash scum doing the same when Bell Senior missed a penalty against them in 1998 and failed to tear a hole in their net with a right pearler in the FLT in 2001. Oh wait, no I don’t, cuz he never. 🙃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Tin pot.

Wasnt that their plan for the new stand anyway- to accomodate large away followings. 🤣

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Most braindead chant going, that. Sounds like an old washing machine chugging along.

I was in a pub on the Gloucester Road yesterday with my daughter to watch the Man City match and grab a pint and some food. A couple of screens were showing the West Brom game however and when Weimann came off practically the whole pub erupted with a very loud ‘Sheed head’. My daughter asked me what their weird noise said and when I told her later on she was like ‘what the -  how sad are they’. She thought they were even sadder once I told her about Martin, Hunt and Jamie Mac 😂😂😂 

Edited by lenred
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What they need is a retired decorator just wanting to keep his hand in. He`d have that sorted in no time.

Apparently, they did bring in a retired decorator who offered to “paper over the cracks” in the corporate toilets but he was quickly arrested shortly after starting work. ;)

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, lenred said:

I was in a pub on the Gloucester Road yesterday with my daughter to watch the Man City match and grab a pint and some food. A couple of screens were showing the West Brom game however and when Weimann came off practically the whole pub erupted with a very loud ‘Sheed head’. My daughter asked me what their weird noise said and when I told her later on she was like ‘what the -  how sad are they’. She thought they were even sadder once I told her about Martin, Hunt and Jamie Mac 😂😂😂 

Another Albion making the scum cry? Good to hear. 👍