IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Photos from their matches suggest a lack of youth attending already.

I guess many will give up the ST and buy occasional match tickets instead.

I am not a commercial person but surely they need a 'loss leader' to hook people in, then they become ST holders in later life?

Good news for City I would think.

They’ve (the club) been concerned about their aging demographic for years. 

14 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Photos from their matches suggest a lack of youth attending already.

I guess many will give up the ST and buy occasional match tickets instead.

I am not a commercial person but surely they need a 'loss leader' to hook people in, then they become ST holders in later life?

Good news for City I would think.

It seems on gas chat that a lot of them will just attend away matches instead, that could mean 10,000 locked outside instead of 5,000

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I predict they will change this later in the year. If they don't, 1883 on the badge will refer to the attendance in years to come.

They've already capitulated by now offering family tickets in the their magnificent new stand £419 adult and £99 for under 14s. Bargain advertised - get two under 14s for £198.

They'm getting proper eggy over on Gaschat about these season ticket prices. 

There is even talk of a 'protest' - although none of them can agree what a protest would or could look like. 

A more disorganised group of supporters you'll struggle to find. I think they even have representation at board level as well, which makes it all the more baffling. 

Meanwhile having found out about Rovers offering free tickets, Exeter City have unilaterally refunded their own supporters who were effectively overcharged. They approached Rovers who have so far refused to actually refund the difference themselves. Rovers= crooks.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/bristol-rovers-ticket-refunds/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What does ' they need you for longer' mean? 🤔 Is it a valentines thing?

In fact what he said , which was evidently muffled by the wind , was ‘ the lads are in the showers, they need you and they’re longing for you’ . 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Hmmm 1

So they failed to sign JCR, took on a couple of loan players in January and have posted an open letter of intent that will keep the Fewers happy for a few months before putting up the cost of season tickets.

I wonder how long it'll be until one of them get banned from Gaschat for suggesting that the new majority owners might not be the solution they've been looking for.

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

Meanwhile having found out about Rovers offering free tickets, Exeter City have unilaterally refunded their own supporters who were effectively overcharged. They approached Rovers who have so far refused to actually refund the difference themselves. Rovers= crooks.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/bristol-rovers-ticket-refunds/

Living up to their nickname 

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So they failed to sign JCR, took on a couple of loan players in January and have posted an open letter of intent that will keep the Fewers happy for a few months before putting up the cost of season tickets.

I wonder how long it'll be until one of them get banned from Gaschat for suggesting that the new majority owners might not be the solution they've been looking for.

I know they're desperate to fund the BCFC Retirement Home, but trying to sign 40 year old Jamal Campbell-Ryce is surely going a step too far!

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is that JCR News or JCH??

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

A protest? I am going to buy shares in tennis balls...

:protest: 

🎾🎾🎾

Bulk buy out of date chocolate coins and you'll make a killing.

Though on the down side they'd clear them off the pitch and sell them from a wheelbarrow in the alleged concourse.

4 hours ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

I've spent years dragging my kid down the mem when he wanted to go down the gate with all his mates instead. The pricing structure has allowed me to do this and now we have a gashead for life.

Poor kid -  maybe he should have just let him go with his mates anyway?

Altogether now  "My old man said be a Rovers fan! - I said......."

Edited by cityal
  • Like 4

"Quit being a cheapskate.
I bet people whinging about it still spend money on sky tv and scratchcards.
Every pound spent goes to the club. This isn’t a charity.
We don’t want fans who want it on the cheap. There’s plenty more who will be happy to pay for entertainment. "

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 14

14 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We don’t want fans who want it on the cheap. There’s plenty more who will be happy to pay for entertainment. "

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow! A man with literally no empathy or understanding. Is it Joey Barton? 

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They’ve got a bigger waiting list than Arsenal I’ve heard…..

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

50+ years of (poor) attendance would suggest that is not entirely true

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1