IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, 22A said:

A Blackpool fan standing behind a goal lobbed a brick towards us. Blackjack (remember him?) "returned the goods to their rightful owner" and got three months.

That name is a blast from the past, wasn’t there a well known City fan called ‘tank’ around about the same time

14 hours ago, 22A said:

A Blackpool fan standing behind a goal lobbed a brick towards us. Blackjack (remember him?) "returned the goods to their rightful owner" and got three months.

Yeah, I remember and knew some from them long gone days.

Blackjack, Jiffy, Angus, Larry the Limp, Paddy Walsh, The Pascoes, John Feeney, Chris Saunders, Heavy Duty, Moussah, and Boner spring to mind.

Blackjack and Moussah had brothers who were well-known.

Some of those that followed City in those days, were bitter enemies “off the pitch”, who put their differences aside temporarily on match days.

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

That name is a blast from the past, wasn’t there a well known City fan called ‘tank’ around about the same time

From the Bath area?

52 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Blackjack, Jiffy, Angus, Larry the Limp, Paddy Walsh, The Pascoes, John Feeney, Chris Saunders, Heavy Duty, Moussah, and Boner spring to mind.

Some of those that followed City in those days, were bitter enemies “off the pitch”, who put their differences aside temporarily on match days.

I remember coming across these two on my travels.

43 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Without wishing to belittle your memories Joe, I couldn't help read this and not think of "the Tiddlywinking Leapfroggers" as described by George in the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.

"George: Well, er, Jacko and the Badger bought it at the first Ypres front, unfortunately — quite a shock, that. I remember Bumfluff’s house-master wrote and told me that Sticky had been out for a duck, and the Gubber had snitched a parcel sausage-end and gone goose over-stump frogside.

Edmund: Meaning…?

George: I don’t know, sir, but I read in the Times that they’d both been killed.

Edmund: And Bumfluff himself…?

George: Copped a packet at Gallipoli with the Aussies — so had Drippy and Strangely Brown. I remember we heard on the first morning of the Somme when Titch and Mr Floppy got gassed back to Blighty.

Edmund: Which leaves…?

George: Gosh, yes, I, I suppose I’m the only one of the Trinity Tiddlers still alive. (Lummy?), there’s a thought — and not a jolly one."

I see Strangely Brown as one of the great names in British comedy. :)

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

A lot of a Southmead/KW rivalry at the time which once spilled out at a game

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Without wishing to belittle your memories Joe, I couldn't help read this and not think of "the Tiddlywinking Leapfroggers" as described by George in the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.

"George: Well, er, Jacko and the Badger bought it at the first Ypres front, unfortunately — quite a shock, that. I remember Bumfluff’s house-master wrote and told me that Sticky had been out for a duck, and the Gubber had snitched a parcel sausage-end and gone goose over-stump frogside.

George: I don’t know, sir, but I read in the Times that they’d both been killed.

George: Copped a packet at Gallipoli with the Aussies — so had Drippy and Strangely Brown. I remember we heard on the first morning of the Somme when Titch and Mr Floppy got gassed back to Blighty.

George: Gosh, yes, I, I suppose I’m the only one of the Trinity Tiddlers still alive. (Lummy?), there’s a thought — and not a jolly one."

......And one of the greatest comedy series ever seen.

Nicknames are an essential part of a sporting team. Remember one of the players in Mike Bassett's England side that complained he was the only one in the squad without a nickname?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Brilliant . Up there with porridge as two of the best written comedies ever. 

Don’t forget your stick lieutenant. 
Ah yes. Wouldn’t want to face a machine gun with out this . 😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

......And one of the greatest comedy series ever seen.

Nicknames are an essential part of a sporting team. Remember one of the players in Mike Bassett's England side that complained he was the only one in the squad without a nickname?

I heard a great nickname the other day, not sport's related but it made me laugh. 

This guy in the pub told me his boss was known as "pothole", because you either wanted to avoid him or fill him in" :)

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I heard a great nickname the other day, not sport's related but it made me laugh. 

This guy in the pub told me his boss was known as "pothole", because you either wanted to avoid him or fill him in" :)

I've heard some good ones over the years!

A guy whose nickname was KitKat as if only had 4 fingers.

Another with one leg shorter than the others was called Foot Pump

A guy who was called Thrush as he was an irritating c u next tuesday

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

With 2 of them over the weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Wasn't Chris Williams (aka Pussy) and Dave Kissack involved a few times?

DK was a real handful but not really a City fan though he did go to the odd away game, good to have with when in town on a Friday/Saturday night !!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Anyway,what’s their latest **** up.

Here we are then.

There's one of them on gas chat saying they went to the club shop yesterday to buy some odds n' ends  but they didn't have any stock, and the lad behind the counter was happy to share it's because they haven't paid their bill !!!!! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Theyre planning a protest about ST prices today apparently. But cant decide between them how or when or if they should proceed. 

Quite right from what I have read, the children's ST prices have shot up. That's a really bad decision as you are killing off your future support by stopping families from going.

• Robin 1