IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

I was speaking with a local resident today who's friend's house backs onto that monstrosity. It completely overshadows their sightedness and we'll being. The majority of local residents absolutely detest what they've done.

I'm amazed how they've got away with it being so close to those houses, oh well, should make it easier for us should we want to enlarge the Atyeo 

2 hours ago, Jimatno9 said:

He failed to get selected for the new constituency of bristol north east even labour party members didn’t want this arrogant person - he and Brian Tinnion should get married they deserve each other.

As a dyed in the wool Labour voter , I would vote for anyone bar him ! He's a nasty little self serving shithouse ! In fact Lee Anderson could have been talking about him and NOT Khan !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 1

Blimey! Page 2 for this thread. 

But don't worry - they've just had a Q&A with their new owners who are going to get them a Tier 1 academy so that they can be self sufficient. 

This means - I think* - that they'll be able to play themselves in the JPT or whatever it is these days. 

*I don't really think that, I'm just second guessing #GasLogic

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But don't worry - they've just had a Q&A with their new owners who are going to get them a Tier 1 academy so that they can be self sufficient. 

This means - I think* - that they'll be able to play themselves in the JPT or whatever it is these days. 

Wouldn't that mean that their academy would have better facilities than their 1st team?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wouldn't that mean that their academy would have better facilities than their 1st team?

Yes - and surprisingly logical.

The considerable stimulus for young players there will be to avoid a playing career at the swamp...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Until they see how much a Tier 1 Academy costs to run each year………

• Like 2

Last time I looked at Gaschat there was a very popular theme there about comparing themselves to teams such as Luton and Brentford in terms of what could be achieved. Those fantasies are easy to digest because they see that as an possible way to the PL without spending hundreds of millions. The reality of course is that those teams do have some good players that cost 10s of £millions which they will never be able to afford or, if they struck gold with an academy product they would have to sell - as have we.

On 28/02/2024 at 23:14, TV Tom said:

I'm amazed how they've got away with it being so close to those houses, oh well, should make it easier for us should we want to enlarge the Atyeo 

The obvious answer is a few brown envelopes and stuff the locals. Really strange how the lovely local mayor is associating himself with a building that was built largely without planning permission. Doesn't say anything positive about the local planning rules. You would've thought he wouldn't have wanted to be associated with something so negative.

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This could be a total car-crash years in the making, crack open the popcorn......

I'm sure it's a typo (right!) but the Bristol Live write-up currently states the following:- 

Given their backgrounds in real estate, the Kuwaitis always saw the infrastructural possibilities of the Gas as a major driver that led them to eventually invest significantly but for them, it's now just about fast-tracking Rovers up the divisions recklessly, it's about ensuring that the foundations are laid for the club to stay where they are if they're promoted.

image.thumb.png.70d8fb4458ba349a8315852047fa5d06.png

• Confused 1

Truly curious what a lot of you think. Martin has now scored 15 in 20 starts (25 games played), a goal every 120 minutes. Meanwhile Clarke-Harris has only 6 goals in 14 starts (24 games played for Peterborough). Do people think that Rovers' huge oopsie moment at the end of the August window might have ended up being very favourable (Martin outperforming JCH and signing for free, wouldn't have happened if JCH had signed and saved iirc £750k), or do you think that it's a lot more complex than that (Martin performing well now but overall play iffy, 35 years old so we might rely on him next season and he might not perform, JCH's poor performances hugely impacted by having to stay and big confidence shot etc.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boring Sag said:

Truly curious what a lot of you think. Martin has now scored 15 in 20 starts (25 games played), a goal every 120 minutes. Meanwhile Clarke-Harris has only 6 goals in 14 starts (24 games played for Peterborough). Do people think that Rovers' huge oopsie moment at the end of the August window might have ended up being very favourable (Martin outperforming JCH and signing for free, wouldn't have happened if JCH had signed and saved iirc £750k), or do you think that it's a lot more complex than that (Martin performing well now but overall play iffy, 35 years old so we might rely on him next season and he might not perform, JCH's poor performances hugely impacted by having to stay and big confidence shot etc.)

Great signing for you lot, good pro recognising he needs to go down the leagues to play but still does it.