IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have a few(er) questions about the photo and would appreciate some help understanding.

Why does there seem to be a load of seats missing ?
That's the away section, which means they could actually sell them. 

Screenshot2024-03-13at08_02_07.png.c39f05dc2e348f1183095a91215f7da4.png

Derby sold out , so why is there a big gap there ?
Pillar bind spot ? Forgot to put the seats in ? I need to know

Screenshot2024-03-13at08_05_00.png.80f6fc70c0825874dbe60485214bbbc9.png

Well, gaps are obviously their speciality. The 2nd one, I assume is a missing mini bus load somewhere from Derby. The 1st one has been explained as where the 'big' screen was before. Will it return? Will the pillars block it? There were rumours that the construction isn't quite to plan so they might have the screen in big Dave's garage but it doesn't fit anymore?

24 minutes ago, David Brent said:

You can’t have your cake and eat it. They’re benefiting from players loaned to them..you can’t then go and expect reward for giving them game time. 

I’m sure other clubs would happily take their countless loanees instead. 

Agreed, or no doubt clubs in Europe.

• Admin
4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I have a few(er) questions about the photo and would appreciate some help understanding.

Why does there seem to be a load of seats missing ?
That's the away section, which means they could actually sell them. 

Screenshot2024-03-13at08_02_07.png.c39f05dc2e348f1183095a91215f7da4.png

Derby sold out , so why is there a big gap there ?
Pillar bind spot ? Forgot to put the seats in ? I need to know

Screenshot2024-03-13at08_05_00.png.80f6fc70c0825874dbe60485214bbbc9.png

The original plans were to install the giant TV screen here

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2024 at 14:33, cityal said:

These two posts sum up their mindset and the reason the gap is in the 20's. They can easily claim they would "do better" with the same resources we have had.

BUT because they have had crap crowds for 2-3 generations they don't have that kind of money. If their fans actually started turning up at home and selling out their little ground they might progress.

I'm confused - they have had far better resources available to them....  I explicitly recall someone commiserating us on being smaller and worse than they'll ever be because they were the sixth richest club in the country...."Unlucky da shit" I believe was the phrase he used.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

The original plans were to install the giant TV screen here

First , I'm surprised they had actual plans .

But as they haven't gone ahead , you kind of think , oh yeah ,it's them ... :dunno:

• Like 1

I would imagine no one thought of that. Its not on the back of the fag packet which is why its not there. Of course they could use that 36 inch ex rental Granada TV set that's stuck on Babestation. Because of its size seeing any tit action might just have to be what's currently on view on the pitch.

• Admin
2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

First , I'm surprised they had actual plans .

But as they haven't gone ahead , you kind of think , oh yeah ,it's them ... :dunno:

I was told that the plans are to now fill it with seats, but goodness knows when they will sort that out

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Interesting stuff, thoughts?

Actually, I was going to copy/paste the BL article on this thread as I thought Wael’s thoughts were very good and well written.

Interesting, as you suggest, although I question whether asking for a percentage of any transfer fee is or would be a goer - quite ridiculous to be fair, although I understand the sentiment.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Actually, I was going to copy/paste the BL article on this thread as I thought Wael’s thoughts were very good and well written.

Interesting, as you suggest, although I question whether asking for a percentage of any transfer fee is or would be a goer - quite ridiculous to be fair, although I understand the sentiment.

Typical Sags...........something for nothing !

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

It’s what they do . :rofl2br:

Exeter’s fans had a journey that was only 30 miles shorter, just saying..

Not even the third biggest club in the South West..

• Like 1

Crikey, I never realised DJ Johnie Walker was a big Rovers fan. Every day’s a learning day.

Apparently he somehow managed to squeeze into the packed away end at Fleetwood in the week.

He’ll be sharing his experiences with the nation at the weekend with a specially recorded edition of Sounds of the Seventy

• Haha 1